Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

enjoy !!!

earlier this afternoon !!!

turned around just before t l r and went to the cable bridge closest to church !!

at the shorcut for albertville,a good 6 '' there !!

shane and brdgbldr...pic 7 ...where we met at night !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Very cool! Thanks! I wish it were still winter!!!!!!

hi all !!!

shane !!that fresh snow from the last week end....all gone !!

left around 5 pm yesterday pm ...close to 70 miles i guess.

saw 12 or 13 deers.....and 4 mooses....almost in the darkness...i ll post a few blurry pics later.

went on t l r ,then took local trail ste marguerite and landed on the trail for the lake.played on few side roads.

left the lake around 7 pm to start looking for mooses.windy like hell all the time .

might try for the camp later this afternoon !!

p-1...t l r is right behind...about 2.5 miles from ste marguerite

p 4-5...you should see the trail for the lake.causapscal river is just on the left.

p-9 tower in lac saumon...can see that one from road 132 ..lake saumon ,right on the other side.could see the wind mills in st alexis from where i took the pic.

smclelan...look closely ,you should recognize the road for the ''16 miles '' on the right side of the lake and some clearcuts we ve been riding !!

jean guy :drinks:

just a few more from yesterday !!!

the 2 mooses ,on the road between lake and t l r.i was on my way for the 16 miles.it was almost complete darkness.maybe around 7hrs 45 -8 00 pm.saw 4 mooses on that road .

pic with long cloud...at the 14 miles around 8 30 pm.very windy up the mountain.that little red light,don t think im wrong .....at the t l r ..2 miles up for ste marguerite after the shortcut for albertville.

ill be back in the woods around 3 pm.i want to check for the camp !!time to ride,work is coming soon !!

hi all !!

back from almost a 100 miles ride !!....98.7 miles..

went to my summer ''office '' for the first time with my 4w !!great ride.mud,snow ,water...etc !!

saw 3 mooses + 1 deer !!

need more sunshine and rain.many places roads still frozen !!

you should recognize a few places from the gathering.....the lake is lake frenette..about 7 miles from my camp...the little bridge ..that ''thing '' for moose hunting about 1 mile before the camp !!

I recognized the pictures taken from the tower above 8 Mile Lake before you said that is where it was, and also recxognized the big water holes before the camp pics. Looks like you may have to trim some more branches this year to get the Avalanche in! LOL

hi hparaptor !!

http://www.clubvttde....com/entree.htm

hard to tell .don t ride those trails at all !!i know they have over 600 miles +....don t know much about the atv club.

i bring my 4w at my camp in may and bring it back in town in november ,depending of the snow.

i ride only on the z e c !!.....and 99.9% alone !!

...but you can ride tons of miles on those trails !!

on the left of the link...its written ''rideman ''...click ici...theres few places you ll probably recognize on the video with my pics i ve posted here on qr ..

sentiers...for trails......cartes for maps ...

jean-guy

Thank you, JG.

hi smclelan !!

no trimming ....just let me drive !!! i ll take care of it !!ha!!ha!!.

i stayed maybe 10 mins at the camp,then went toward the camp of my friend (farm tractor ).got stuck in the snow for close half an hr.arrived at the camp maybe around 7pm.quick lunch.

tried to make it on top of the mountain to see duniere reserve.too much snow at the bottom of the mountain..saw the moose on the way there.

black clouds coming from the west side...so i went directly home.about 40 miles.out of gas at the 17 miles...t l r...put the tank on reserve .stopped at the '' mail box '' at 14 miles...to add extra gas a few mins before darkness.

hi linda !!

thanks !!glad that i made it to my office....need more sunshine to dry the roads and rain to help snow and ice to melt where s theres no sunshine !!

you re welcome hparaptor !!

they have jamboree there in the first week of sept.its a 3 days week end !!

hi smclelan !!

no trimming ....just let me drive !!! i ll take care of it !!ha!!ha!!.

i stayed maybe 10 mins at the camp,then went toward the camp of my friend (farm tractor ).got stuck in the snow for close half an hr.arrived at the camp maybe around 7pm.quick lunch.

tried to make it on top of the mountain to see duniere reserve.too much snow at the bottom of the mountain..saw the moose on the way there.

black clouds coming from the west side...so i went directly home.about 40 miles.out of gas at the 17 miles...t l r...put the tank on reserve .stopped at the '' mail box '' at 14 miles...to add extra gas a few mins before darkness.

hi linda !!

thanks !!glad that i made it to my office....need more sunshine to dry the roads and rain to help snow and ice to melt where s theres no sunshine !!

you re welcome hparaptor !!

they have jamboree there in the first week of sept.its a 3 days week end !!

Nice pics jean-guy !!!!!

Nice pics jean-guy !!!!!

thanks crazysnow !!

first pic,where i turned around last week,on my way to the camp.there was too much snow !!about 7 miles from the camp.

if you remember the last little bridge before the camp.about 4 miles behind the 4w.different road from the gathering !!

second pic ,bridge over causapscal river ,roughly 14 miles from my camp .the ''head '' of causapscal river is few miles up !!

that bridge might dissapear within a few years.just too bad !!

Jean-guy

Why do you say the bridge is going away?

Jean-guy

Why do you say the bridge is going away?

hi schooter !!

not sure at all how to say that...but ..according to ..pq laws/standards .....bridge is in bad shape.

not on top...under the bridge on both sides of the river.where thepillars '' sit '' on both side of the river....bad shape since a few years.

2 years ago, dec/january they built a new one about 10/12 miles lower on the river.according to what i know ,this one should be gone in a few years...unless they have the money to build a new one.

that bridge can t support too much weight now.(heavy machinery )...so when they grade the road ,they turn around right there..

this made a great loop riding the 4 w.i just avoid large roads.stay on the narrow ones !!

jean-guy

jg...

If you move quad out of the water before you stop your boots will stay dry... :rofl:

Moved my "office" a bit South for a while, 90* and all sun here...still wish I was in your office...

jg...

If you move quad out of the water before you stop your boots will stay dry... :rofl:

Moved my "office" a bit South for a while, 90* and all sun here...still wish I was in your office...

hi phil !!

ha!!ha!!ha!

like this ????????????????????

i almost ''scrapped '' my camera that day..about 3.5-4 ' of water in the hole !!time to get out !!ha!!ha!!ha!!

happened at mile 37 on t l r.early may !!i had let my truck at mile 21 ,so , i walked about 7 miles that afternoon.just lucky to see 2 guys that day.at this period of the year,no traffic jam on t l r !!

just lucky not to walk down to the 21 miles!!boots-pants completly wet !!

great souvenirs !!

WOW!!! I guess you drive around that hole from then on...

Some service work required after that wash...

ha!!ha!!ha!!

not exactly that !! i think i was coming back from close trail 595 that day..

on my way back,i took a break about 150' from the hole.saw the hole very clearly on the side of the road.

so ,when i started riding again, i was playing in the mud,slush and snow on the side of the road....just looking a few feet in front of the bumper !!

suddently...?&%%$&&*?%...i felt the 4 w leaning on one side very quickly ...too late..i jumped off the 4w, in the hole,because i thought that the 4 w could become up side down..happened really fast !!ha!!ha!!ha!!

tried to pull the 4w back on the road...no luck...then started walking !!!haaaaaaaaaa!!!

i can t say...hitchiking ...there was no traffic .....ha!!ha!!ha!!

changed the oil in the engine...and go back riding !!

pics....in the middle ...camp one mile on the right.

Hey ...glad to see you finally made it to the camp, now it's time to pop the cork and celebrate....chin chin.

Around home we call this submarining.

Yup that's my Polaris

Found out the hard way...they don't sink they float....getting them out is another story. Ha ha ha ha

Hey ...glad to see you finally made it to the camp, now it's time to pop the cork and celebrate....chin chin.

Around home we call this submarining.

Yup that's my Polaris

Found out the hard way...they don't sink they float....getting them out is another story. Ha ha ha ha

hi trailblazer !!

woow !! you were in worse shape than me !!! ha!!ha!!ha!!!

your second pic,must have been hell to get out of there!!

i already celebrated !! the day i left for my camp,i bought a bottle before going .i knew i was going to be late at night !!

so,i celebrated at home !! ha!!ha!!ha!!

bad weather here,heavy rain and some sleet this morning !!

just over 0c!!

hi trailblazer !!

woow !! you were in worse shape than me !!! ha!!ha!!ha!!!

your second pic,must have been hell to get out of there!!

i already celebrated !! the day i left for my camp,i bought a bottle before going .i knew i was going to be late at night !!

so,i celebrated at home !! ha!!ha!!ha!!

bad weather here,heavy rain and some sleet this morning !!

just over 0c!!

Yeah!!! only 2 degrees here in Montreal and a big -8 tonight, was snowing this morning :crazy: !!!!........may 1st is in 3 days.

Third pic was not me but rather a buddy of mine that i was going to visit when i fell through, he was supposed to have been my rescue, i got my atv out with a extra rope tied to the winch cable, i was not far from the shoreline when this happened. We called some friends over to the sinking that afternoon for some help, we struggled for 2 1/2 hrs to get his atv out then i had to tow him off the lake and bring it to the BRP dealer for a clean up, it was an Outlander.

All sh!t$'n giggles today but it wasn't when it happened.

JG

Yeah!!! only 2 degrees here in Montreal and a big -8 tonight, was snowing this morning :crazy: !!!!........may 1st is in 3 days.

Third pic was not me but rather a buddy of mine that i was going to visit when i fell through, he was supposed to have been my rescue, i got my atv out with a extra rope tied to the winch cable, i was not far from the shoreline when this happened. We called some friends over to the sinking that afternoon for some help, we struggled for 2 1/2 hrs to get his atv out then i had to tow him off the lake and bring it to the BRP dealer for a clean up, it was an Outlander.

All sh!t$'n giggles today but it wasn't when it happened.

JG

on my way back from amqui around 4 30 pm.strange stuff on the road !!ha!!ha!!ha!

still snowing btw !!

just a few more from yesterday !!!

the 2 mooses ,on the road between lake and t l r.i was on my way for the 16 miles.it was almost complete darkness.maybe around 7hrs 45 -8 00 pm.saw 4 mooses on that road .

pic with long cloud...at the 14 miles around 8 30 pm.very windy up the mountain.that little red light,don t think im wrong .....at the t l r ..2 miles up for ste marguerite after the shortcut for albertville.

ill be back in the woods around 3 pm.i want to check for the camp !!time to ride,work is coming soon !!

Hi Jean-Guy!!

Picture #3!! Winner!!! Wow, that one 'speaks to me'!! Love it!!

Linda

Hi Jean-Guy!!

Picture #3!! Winner!!! Wow, that one 'speaks to me'!! Love it!!

Linda

hi linda !!

thanks !!...same place !!!!

thanks crazysnow !!

last summer at a friend's cabin...must be in june..took tons of pics that night !!

lots of atv riding there jean ??

hi artsled !!

could be better .,,!!still winter here !!snowed about 2 '' friday night !!few fleurries right now!!

late april and early ...then late sept-oct .....best time for me to ride !!

specially now....no traffic and riding alone !!

don t ride as much during summer..

very easy to do 100 miles + ride !!so many roads and trails here !!

for those who came to my camp during the gathering....you should remember the scenery on the other side of the brook !!