Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Everyone's favourite Gaspesian!

hi linda !!

ha!!ha!!don t write to much stuff like that...ha!!ha!! i m going to melt on my chair !!ha!!ha!!

i made a little history for you !!!

remember when we saw the mooses with my sister and b i l ??

first pic...when i saw the moose last night,i was coming from the t l r maybe 7-8 miles behind .you re looking toward the 90' corner ,few miles in front ,

between the mooses and the treestand .....we saw the mooses about 250 ' on the left side.the side road we took ,just before the treestand.

pic 2 and 3 ...right where we had seen the mooses.

pic 4....big circle on the road...we had seen the mooses on the road on the right side..250' away....last night they were maybe 800' behind the 4 w.

pic 5 ....missed another one there by a few seconds..just 300' in front of the 4 w.

im not not very familiar with that area....my 3 or 4 times there ,in the last 15 years maybe.

so, i missed one road and did nt ''land '' directly at the 90's corner.just about 1.5 miles lower on tq 5.where we talked with the 2 guys from maine !!

i used part of the old tq 5 there!!check the map closely !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

few more !!!

on my way back decided to take the road at the 16 miles to cross to the lake.....then check for one clearcut...saw 8 mooses ..the last one on the pic..it was darkness there.

i hate to use my headlight...so for a few miles used the moon to see.....

those who remember where smclelan got stuck.....put my headlight ''on '' right there...about 15'' later !!

bang !!! going slightly downhill....i almost kissed the butt of a moose.....so close i could see the serial number !!! ha!!ha!!ha!!

looks like one of his legs was wounded !!

first pic...mont blanc ,park matane !!

I recognize the barn by St Margarite, the tree stand on the hill, the camp by the beaver pond, and the moose antler tree!

:drinks:

hi smclelan !!

you should be able to recognize more than that !!slow down the beers and wine when you come at the camp!!!ha!!ha!!ha!!

i brought you to the cross if remember well,,the pic with sign ''gros ruisseau ''....main road to go back to lac frenette area ...startting from the orange camp..unable to do the loop yesterday...too much snow on the main road.

i included a few maps...to refresh your memory.......the ''ittle bridge '' ...if we did nt go there ,we ve been close !!

Jean-Guy.....on peut dire que tu vie au pays de l'orignal. Merci pour les photos!! :drinks:

salut mid range !!!

drette ca !! de rien !!

z e c casault est surement une des meilleures au pq,sinon la meilleure !!plus de chances de fessé un orignal qu'un pick up !!..ha!!ha!!

j avais l habitude d allé me promené sur la reserve duniere en masse.j ai slacké el fuel de beaucoup!! c etait facile de voir 50 a 90-100 dans queuques hrs.mon meilleur ,93 dans 3hrs-3 30.

quand tu pognes le bon matin....cé rien dans voir 10 dans 5 mins.''asteur '' cé pas la quantité ...plus la qualité...j en ai peut etre vu beaucoup trop !!! je vire autour du camp.....

smclelan.....last pic....orange camp is about 8 miles back ......and lake frenette ,,,,,roughly 10-12 in front!!...on the main road to do the ''loop ''

hi all !!

back an hr ago from a 115 miles ride !!! great day !!

getting better !!

farmerold ...pic 3 .....where we met !!!

hi groomer like summer pic's keep them coming.

you be careful when checking moose serial number you could get some unwant stuff in that beard. ha ha :drinks:

hi groomer like summer pic's keep them coming.

you be careful when checking moose serial number you could get some unwant stuff in that beard. ha ha :drinks:

hi farmerold !!

ha!!ha!!ha!! i know !!

not the first time this happen...letf my camp one night ( darkness ) to go to party at the lake.

half a mile from the camp....just outside the ''light '' of my 4w.there was a moose right there.when i saw him , moose was maybe 10' on my left side.he started to run parrallel to me.

just snapped the throttle to go ahead of him..very dangerous ,never know which they are going to go.

if i can t see the whole moose in the darkness , i look for the eyes ( shiny )

pics of the deers.......about half back toward st alexandre when i took the lead to go to my camp during the gathering.

there s was fields on the left side of the road..

Great Pics! We all realy appreciate them!!

What do you mean too much snow on the "Main Road" ????

Thanks

Gutz

hi gutz !!

where i wrote ''main road ''....not much sunshine there.too much trees on both side of the road.so , i used the back roads ,north-north-east of that main.more clearcuts and less snow.

on the main road there was still 6 '' ...up to the knee.too much for my 4 w..

might be there in that area tonight!!

thanks linda.....the little one was kind of lost that afternoon.the mom had left too fast ....could nt find her !! wind helped me that day to get close !!

jean-guy

hi all !!

back from 103 miles ride !!

the lttle bridge...first one we took to go to my camp....about 6-7 miles before arriving !!

4 deers....and 7 mooses i think !!

few more ...pics from last night!!...ha!!ha!

pic 3 ,about 1 mile from the camp.thre was a moose there,20 mins before.

pic with calf ,saw him at least a 1/4 away..was very far...then mom came to check!!

pic 9 ....saw one on the right side between the trees.

then on my way down from the lake!!! i never seen a moose like that !!

almost darkness,saw him in the ditch on the right side.i noticed that he was nt normal....so ,he paralysed on the road ....

tbk !!!! (ha!!ha!!ha!!ha!!)

he just did nt want to move.i was about 20' , from him making all kind of noises and did nt want to move at all.

clapping my hands,screaming ,snapping the throtlle.he was stuck there.took my 4 w ...turned back toward the lake for a few mins.came back still there.

he decided to turn around and came toward me......about 8-10''...because it was getting way darker ,i could nt see his humor ...i knew his hair were up on the back.waited and waited...i was there since close half an hr.

not much room to go on the left side...to pass him..never know what can happen.so, turned around toward the lake,took a few narrow trails and landed back on the road of the lake about 3 miles lower than the moose !!

Hmmm Looks like there needs to be some branches cut back on the camp road!! Too narrow for a shiny truck!!

ha!!ha!!ha!!

seat on the helper side ,let me drive and ill show you how we do it in the gaspesie !!!.....haaaaaaaaaaa!!!

might cut a few !!!

We had to climb a tree stand 2 miles from camp to say hello to you guys from the Gaspesie! (This tree stand is the last one before the bridge.

Jean -Guy says 'help!"

Have to go! 2 bottles of wine and steak waiting . And homemade brownies .

Lindasledgirl and Groomer

Ok !!!!! look guys I'm glad you guys are haveing fun why all of us are doing honey do list !!!!! Groomer I don't know what's going on but make sure the trails are good shape next winter. I'm starting to get worriied. Lol. You guys have lots of fun. I'm jealous

CrazySnow !!!!!