Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Thats great news Linda but how is it that you are communicating with groomer in Gods country, is there someone on the hunt with him with a sat phone or perhaps a spot device.

JG

He called me to make sure I made it home safely...he has a special phone booth up there lol

Well...let's just say while Jean-Guy is up at the camp....I am going to show you some pictures of the Jean-Guy I know.....Here are some pictures of the photographer!!

Linda

There was a post by Jean-Guy of a mushroom...he doesn't tell you that he spent about 20 minutes taking those...the mushroom was on the top of a stump, he had to stand on the 4 wheeler to take the pics. But he moved the 4 wheeler around to get the shots from different angles. It was one of those times I could see all the effort he puts in. And that's for us...not him.

And then there is Jean-Guy the 'Moose Whisperer'...not kidding!

We come upon the moose, he pulls me off the 4 wheeler by the back of my coat and tells me to walk on the outside of my feet! Don't make any noise (hates my noisy pants lol), hurry up and somehow I am not suppose to talk! YIKES!!

The 4 wheeler made noise getting there...so the moose are walking or running away! But he calls them, they stop and look and some of them actually come back!! He can track them, knows how old the tracks and poop are and where they will be and when!

Great experience!! And some of MY pictures show you just how close he gets to just to the pictures!!

Good times!!

Linda

Edited by lindasledgirl

****NEWS from the CAMP*****

Jean-guy's nephew Felix has shot a small Bull!! And there are some flurries!! Pictures when he gets home!

Congratulations to both!

Linda

Linda:

You are very fortunate to get to see the inner workings of Jean Guy... I would love to spend a week in his "office"...

Phil

Very fortunate indeed! And I am pretty sure if you can cook as good as I can, he might take you too ! lol

Hi Crazysnow!!

That was Jean-Guys last day of work in the woods this year. I arrived on the Thursday night...he went to work till noon on Friday, I arrived for the last 4 trees! I was tired just watching him! He makes the saw look light, he made the logs look light...but they were not! (No pictures of him laughing as I tried to move one).

Did you notice my close up of the saw...with his gloves! We had that one printed!

I haven't been with a lumberjack before, but he has me stand pretty close to these falling trees and he is very sure which way they will fall. I mean, not just aproximately...exactly!

Then he walks up and down it triming the little sticks, limbs etc again like the saw is about a pound! Measures it, one...two lenghts and cuts it then drags the tree with his hook and moves it to a pile like its made of foam or something.

And I saw the bee/wasp nest that is about 40' up in a tree...so be ready for snow!

Linda

Thanks for that info. Linda I thought maybe he was making a new trail, looking back at some of the previous pictures. Lol :drinks:

CrazySnow !!!!!

Well Crazysnow,

When I asked him if you were going to make a new trail....

He laughed!

Linda

back to civilisation !!!...hahahahahaha!!!

hi all!!!

first of all ,thx linda for great posts and pics !!!

pics from saturday morning.heard shots at 8 17 am...i was on top of the hill before camp.took my truck to check.....met a friend on the way ...he said ''it was nt us ''....turned around to go back to top of the hill...met guy...he said his brother just shot one in the brook ...2 miles from camp.

continu to camp to reach for my 4 w.on the way ,met my nephew in the blue tree stand before camp..he told me ,i ll walk toward brook..stayed at the camp maybe 10 mins.

ready to go on my 4w .....my nephew was walking up the hill looking at his boots.suddently, he lifted his head and there was a bull in the middle of the road...shot 3x..

when i arrived there ,few seconds later..he said the bull died on the right side of the road.let him alone and went for the brook in the brook.

bla-bla-bla.....when we came back to see my nephew ,he had missed the bull.....took him with me + 2 friends and we walked separately in the woods to loook for bullll......

end of the story in the next post ..

great hunting ....but too easy ...did nt even use my chainsaw to do a trail.

snowed a bit last night.on my way back there was snow on top of mountains on park matane.lots of rain yesterday .

almost forgot...this morning ,my friend guy was in the kitchen and saw another bull on the other side of the brook for a few seconds!!

jean-guy :drinks:

...to continu the story...we abandonned the search saturday afternoon for the bull.so,sunday morning ,back to hunt!!can t remember ,harold around 8 00 am...he had 2 females 25' from him.no permits to shoot......but my friend guy had one.

looked at the 2 for half an hour.came to see me on top of the hill.went to check in the clearcut on my right ,guy was nt in the tree stand,(first pic)...returned 20 mins later,waved at him to come up the hill and join harold to look for the 2 females.no luck for guy...

waited for shots before going back to camp.in the meantime,stephane came to see me.my nephew was in the blue tree stand again.so ,stephane took the old road for camp ...from the top of the hill.i advised my nephew by radio.

so,stephane arrived at the mud hole(pic with 4 w)....heard noise of moose running away..he advised my nephew to get ready just in case....

forgot,when stephane left for the old road,i left too for the camp .and saw guy and harold arriving at their truck before going down the hill..

on my way to camp ,stopped 20 '' to tell my nephew that harold and guy were on their way to camp.....half a mile from the tree stand.

when i arrived to camp,while parking ,my nephew said on the radio,just shot one !!!stayed in my truck and went back to see my nephew.

did nt realized at first glance,but same moose that i posted pics of ,on the others side of the brook few days ago !!

What a guy. All the money in the world cannot buy the experience that he has each and every day, and we are so lucky he shares so much of it with us through the beauty of his photos. Thanks Groomer, and thanks Linda for sharing.

What a guy. All the money in the world cannot buy the experience that he has each and every day, and we are so lucky he shares so much of it with us through the beauty of his photos. Thanks Groomer, and thanks Linda for sharing.

Thanks Shane!!

It's a great place for sure!!

Linda

hi shane !!

thx !!i guess for you big cities people you don t have the chance to see that too often !!!well ,saturday morning when i was walking in the woods,looking for the bull....brought back great memories .

i used to walk tons of miles in the woods back in the 90's during moose hunting...got lost 1x !!

btw, i brought linda to the auberge to show her !!

crazysnow.....

sorry ,too much torque on my 4w !!! haaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

thx for the comment linda and artsled !!!

hi gary + phil !!!

sorry if i forgot you!!...don t know how you say that in english .....but looks like i still have some ''vapors '' from the camp !!!hahahaha!!

still tired a bit!!...memory blank !!

thx for the comments !!

here a few pics of the mushrooms i took while standing on the front carrier of linda's 4 w !!!

Hi Groomer...it's all good. You made smile and that is the best thing that happened today. My office has been no fun today.

A week ago we rode thru Virginia to Blue Ridge Parkway to Deals gap corner of NC & TN, did 1900 miles in 5 days. Getting ready for snow...

Thanks for the great pix.

Phil

This was a roadside rest from my phone.

Well said.