Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi all !!

sorry if i m late to reply !!...i ve been busy cooking and cleaning in the last few days !!!!haahahahhahha!!

big thx for all the comments !!

l wish i could know how many pics posted martin !!

big thx to you steven and girlfriend for coming up !! woow !!what a surprise !!never expected that !!

as you can see ,linda came for a visit !!

last thrusday i wanted to show her some mountains..but weather was nt too nice..so ,we turnaround at the ''41 ''...

returned saturday morning !!...met my nephew on the way up,at the ''30 ''...linda did a bit of pr !!!newphew went up to faribault camps...but not enough snow..about a foot..they made only a few miles.

so,we continued and went to show linda a few mountains of the gaspesie !! we stopped on top of the hill at the 43 ....then at the 98 ...went up the hill (trail 595 ) to show her some mountains fo the gaspesie park....albert hogs back....chauve and tuzo !!

well,almost lucky to post the 3000 post !!..i kll tell you why later !!

jean-guy :drinks:

all pics from near trail 595 ,about 3 miles off !!...except for the last one..mount logan ..taken from mile ''30'' on the way back !!

mount albert ...the rocky one

hogs back ...the one who looks like an icecream on top .

then tuzo and chauve..the smallest ones!!

on the other post,pics of the ''go shore '' brook taken by linda !!

on our way back from trail 595 .....almost at the '' 74 '' going up hill ,found that coyote on the road !!

we were the only ones on that road saturday....according to the tracks..he was coming down the hill,danced a bit on the road and then bang !!!

looks like he suffered a bit..can see that his head and front feet moved a few times....

then we continued....once at the bottom of the '' 41 ''......i told linda ,perfect time to see mooses..from there mostly driving west ...road is clear and a bit darker in the ditch..

im use to drive/ride at that hour, so ,on our way home !!

just before arriving at the ''40 '' ..a quarter mile before ...tbk !!! just like it appeared in a fraction of a second in front of the truck..

first thing i remember,saw the head and neck of the moose first...then i realized ,im going to hit her...did nt touch the brakes because it was on ice!!

missed by an hair ...maybe less...her but (side ) rear right leg were just in front of the radiator/headlight...linda's side !!

i can t remember,i think i went a bit on the left to avoid hitting the mom....while doing that ...saw the calf (on the road ) waiting to cross /follow his mom and about 6 '' from the truck !!!

very-very-very lucky !! don t think i was going 50 mph !!!...i ll remember that one!

on our way back from trail 595 .....almost at the '' 74 '' going up hill ,found that coyote on the road !!

we were the only ones on that road saturday....according to the tracks..he was coming down the hill,danced a bit on the road and then bang !!!

looks like he suffered a bit..can see that his head and front feet moved a few times....

then we continued....once at the bottom of the '' 41 ''......i told linda ,perfect time to see mooses..from there mostly driving west ...road is clear and a bit darker in the ditch..

im use to drive/ride at that hour, so ,on our way home !!

just before arriving at the ''40 '' ..a quarter mile before ...tbk !!! just like it appeared in a fraction of a second in front of the truck..

first thing i remember,saw the head and neck of the moose first...then i realized ,im going to hit her...did nt touch the brakes because it was on ice!!

missed by an hair ...maybe less...her but (side ) rear right leg were just in front of the radiator/headlight...linda's side !!

i can t remember,i think i went a bit on the left to avoid hitting the mom....while doing that ...saw the calf (on the road ) waiting to cross /follow his mom and about 6 '' from the truck !!!

very-very-very lucky !! don t think i was going 50 mph !!!...i ll remember that one!

WOW!! That is very scary. You are very lucky Jean-Guy! I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you for a few days.

hi florida snowman !!

ya,very scary !!time to realize you have a moose in front of the truck,it s the fraction of a second you need to avoid hitting the moose..happened very fast...

8-10 years ago ,i was on my way to camp...looking on both sides of the road searching for mooses.

i was looking on the left side ,then turned my to the right...and the butt of the bull was right in the headlight of the passenger side...by a few inches....

must keep your eyes open all the time and ''scan '' both sides of the road...

happened a few times with my 4w at night.....very strange feeling,moose is right beside you and not sure what is going to do....run by your side or jump in front of you !!

pic ,on the way back home at the ''30 miles '' on t l r !!

Coldsmoke and Pipeman,

Be warned...that 'Big Foot' guy doesn't run into you on the trail or at the clubhouse and say "Follow Me'!

I know where that picture is.....your in deer country there!!

right steven !!

at the intersection of tq 5 and trail for lake...st alexandre...ste marguerite !!

pic from near cb behind church !!

jean-guy

not related to snowmobiling..but this might interest you steven !!

back in the old days ..here at home we call that ...the ''steam train ''...at the 22 miles on the t l r !!

never been there ...always forget !!it was similar to the one on the ''railroad ''....!!

it was owned by the owners of the mill (cedrico ) back in the old days..50-60's maybe ??

that guy was from carleton....lacroix lumber .....right at the corner of main st in carleton to go to the provincial camping !!..at the bottom of the hill !!

he was also the owner of all the cabins on that ''island '' on casault lake...where i wanted to show you when i talked to that girl on the side of the road..

I think you need to ask santa for a face shield! LOL

hi jackstraw !!

hahha!! i don t think so !! don t ride enough for that !!

on a sled if the windshield is at the right height .....won t use the shield much...just like im out of air !!

when i was working for challenge kanada...used to freeze my face for good .....then put the shield down for a few mins to warm up my face ....then shield back up!!

i was good for a long time !!

thats why i wear an open face helmet !!

hi all !!

sorry if i m late to reply !!...i ve been busy cooking and cleaning in the last few days !!!!haahahahhahha!!

big thx for all the comments !!

l wish i could know how many pics posted martin !!

big thx to you steven and girlfriend for coming up !! woow !!what a surprise !!never expected that !!

as you can see ,linda came for a visit !!

last thrusday i wanted to show her some mountains..but weather was nt too nice..so ,we turnaround at the ''41 ''...

returned saturday morning !!...met my nephew on the way up,at the ''30 ''...linda did a bit of pr !!!newphew went up to faribault camps...but not enough snow..about a foot..they made only a few miles.

so,we continued and went to show linda a few mountains of the gaspesie !! we stopped on top of the hill at the 43 ....then at the 98 ...went up the hill (trail 595 ) to show her some mountains fo the gaspesie park....albert hogs back....chauve and tuzo !!

well,almost lucky to post the 3000 post !!..i kll tell you why later !!

All you made was soup!! LOL Cooking and cleaning! Haha! Should have made wine after that near miss with your girlfriends on the road! I saw my life flash right before my eyes!!

hi jackstraw !!

hahha!! i don t think so !! don t ride enough for that !!

on a sled if the windshield is at the right height .....won t use the shield much...just like im out of air !!

when i was working for challenge kanada...used to freeze my face for good .....then put the shield down for a few mins to warm up my face ....then shield back up!!

i was good for a long time !!

thats why i wear an open face helmet !!

Riding like in those pics you don't need a seat and you don't need skis either!

Riding like in those pics you don't need a seat and you don't need skis either!

hi playhard !!

absolutely right !!

strange people in the gaspesie !!!...hahahhaha !!

my nephew on the pic !!

Hi groomer,, Seasons greetings to you, those are great old pics from years gone by of the logging equipment, and some of the current pics on the equipment still there. Hope all is well and that the snow comes soon to you, RR

hi roadrunner !!

thx !!..long time no see !!..just back from my camp.went to spent about 2 hrs there !!

fresh pics from this afternoon.....roads are all ice !!...2 '' of snow max...about 0c at the camp !!

grey sky since early this morning...started snowing very lightly at the ''orange '' camp !!

nothing in town yet !!

everythings are fine here !!

on the way back,i can see mount white (mont blanc ) park matane...looks like trees were still green on top !!hmmm......

Groomer, thank you for sharing the pics from yesterday, hope you are getting snow now and more on Monday maybe :clapping: . Looking forward to hearing about the mountains being white and to see some snow banks on those roads or even better, your groomer out on the trails. Think Snow!! Best regards RR

Hey Groomer..how are ya..nice pics but wheres the snow.We have more at the den..but not much more..lol..but today yes...I hope you guys get some today from the system going by...Looks like snow where you are too..I hope they do the trail here next monday..who might tell me this..If we get what they say in the next 3 days then there should be enough snow.There was lots in the mountains ,but we did lose some.You can ride but its up the gravel road for 10-15 k by trailer .and then just on the roads.But its 2-3 feet..As usual area X got alot.Should be able to leave from the coast this wendsday..Might still be thin but just dont spin the track..Keep those great pics coming jean-guy...........jack

Artsled....thats an awwwwsum pic..lol..I hope to see her in the Mountains.. :give_rose: