Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi all !!

just back from downtown albertville !! went to clubhouse !!

about 2 '' since last night !!partly cloudy !!...-3c and windy !!

expecting the storm tomorrow !!

p-1 ....looking at the airport outside town...maybe i should say..landing strip!!shortcut for albertville is right before the strip..where its white..matapedia river and road 132 on the left.

p-2-3-4-5-8 ...where tq 5 cross road for albertville just outside town...where the little hydro powerline is !!

might go back to my camp next week ,so ill have a better idea of the amount of snow up the hills !!

jean-guy :drinks:

groomer, you are the best on keeping us posted,, I like that little snow bank on the road, at least its white haha We are going to try to ride somewhere late this week again, either back up to valin, or north shore of the gaspe. thank you for posting the fresh pics

My cell phone pictures from a week ago.....Gaspesie with Groomer.

Linda

PS...I haven't a clue exactly where I was, if you would like to know...ask Mr. Groomer lol It's all I can do to keep up!

Edited by lindasledgirl

My cell phone pictures from a week ago.....Gaspesie with Groomer.

Linda

PS...I haven't a clue exactly where I was, if you would like to know...ask Mr. Groomer lol It's all I can do to keep up!

yo linda !!

you need to spend more time in the gaspesie to know all those roads !!

your pics.....

p-1.....on the way to green/white camp ,where we took pics of mount albert,tuzo and chauve!!

p-2-3-4 ...at the 43 miles ....taking pics of the mountains of park matane ...but we were on the duniere reserve..we were looking n-w !!

p-5....looks like at the 89 km on t l r!!

p-6 ..mount noble ...the one you see from la cache going north ...on the left side of trail 595 !!!

p-7...on our way to the green/white camp !!

Edited by groomer

excuse me mademoiselle .......forgot to tell you that it is stormy weather here !! :tease:

great to see the snow back !!....about you in s-w o ????? hahahhahah!!!

pics to follow tomorrow ...if i feel for it !!!

yo linda !!

you need to spend more time in the gaspesie to know all those roads !!

your pics.....

p-1.....on the way to green/white camp ,where we took pics of mount albert,tuzo and chauve!!

p-2-3-4 ...at the 43 miles ....taking pics of the mountains of park matane ...but we were on the duniere reserve..we were looking n-w !!

p-5....looks like at the 89 km on t l r!!

p-6 ..mount noble ...the one you see from la cache going north ...on the left side of trail 595 !!!

p-7...on our way to the green/white camp !!

Monsieur Groomer,

Please make a note...more time in the Gaspesie for sure!! But I will never ' know all the roads' so you best just plan on being the guide when it comes to me! I will make the lunch!

linda

:drinks:

Monsieur Groomer,

Please make a note...more time in the Gaspesie for sure!! But I will never ' know all the roads' so you best just plan on being the guide when it comes to me! I will make the lunch!

linda

hi linda !!

just back from a sightseeing tour outside town!!hahahaha!!!

no problems....i ll take care of the wine once at the camp!!so many roads to ride !!

just too bad we can t ride on duniere reserve .it would be easy to do 200 miles a day without using the same roads !!

roadrunner .....about 6-7'' on the ground .....another 8 -10 '' would be perfect !!

smclelan......no snow today ....partly cloudy all day with sunshine !!...-10c

pics from near shortcut for albertville,near matapedia river.....and up at the intersection of tq 5 and shortcut !!

the covered bridge....at heppel ..few miles outside town...about 1 mile lower of the bridge over matapedia river....

halfway point between mtl and halifax...by train !!

Monsieur Jean-Guy,

You know what happens if I have wine with lunch! lol I will need a nap! Better bring some fruit punch for me! lol

The pictures are fantastic. I think I have been there before! lol

Is that the covered bridge where you slid down the hill and I wondered if you would keep on going right into the river? The one south of town?

Keep up the good work and hold down the fort until I get back!! I think there will be a few of us there this winter for a ride to the camp!

Linda

hi all !!!

linda

you re up for another trip in the gaspesie....already confused !!

the bridge im talking about is just next to airport !!the one you re talking about is mid way between here and matapedia ....routhierville !!

there s about 5 houses there ...guys from maine-massachusetts and vermont !!salmon anglers!!

back in the 70's there was a huge hotel there....place to be...for dancing !!

...and yes ...we ve been there on the sunday night...coming back from ste marguerite !!

trailblazer

ya,looks like winter now,just need more snow to start grooming...no problems with wine during winter time !!.....i must take care of those trails...blue sky here ...-16c earlier this morning !!

smclelan

right !!btw ,on my way there,the guy was on his way to school with the bus !!

if i can add this.....shane ,we met at night, right under the '' tion '' of intersection !!right in the middle of the white spot !!

not my pics ...taken a few days ago !!

between saybec and amqui i guess !!

fyi........don t worry for the footprints of the operator on the trail..he s taking his pics from the inside of the cab !!....hhahhahahhaahha !!!

jean-guy

not my pics ...taken a few days ago !!

between saybec and amqui i guess !!

fyi........don t worry for the footprints of the operator on the trail..he s taking his pics from the inside of the cab !!....hhahhahahhaahha !!!

jean-guy

"From the inside of the cab!!!???? Lazy SOB!! lol

You had better get some winter boots if you plan to get out and take pictures this year!!

And you better do that soon!

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=alerts&alertscountrycode=CA&pagecontent=prov&provcode=QC

Looks like some good news coming your way Jean-Guy!

Isn't it funny how seeing this weather warning/watch of snow makes me want to get in my truck and drive? Funny the way a snow brain works isn't it?

Have to make the trip to Whitby today, hold down the Fort Jean-Guy and get some pictures will you please lol.

Linda

"From the inside of the cab!!!???? Lazy SOB!! lol

You had better get some winter boots if you plan to get out and take pictures this year!!

And you better do that soon!

http://www.theweathe...rov&provcode=QC

Looks like some good news coming your way Jean-Guy!

Isn't it funny how seeing this weather warning/watch of snow makes me want to get in my truck and drive? Funny the way a snow brain works isn't it?

Have to make the trip to Whitby today, hold down the Fort Jean-Guy and get some pictures will you please lol.

Linda

yo there in sw O !!!

very tiny snow flakes right now !!almost scary ,+1c !!

sky is grey since yesterday morning,but nothing yet to make me smile !!

pics from last saturday ,about a mile outside town..on the road for ste marguerite and t l r !!

jean-guy

yo there in sw O !!!

very tiny snow flakes right now !!almost scary ,+1c !!

sky is grey since yesterday morning,but nothing yet to make me smile !!

pics from last saturday ,about a mile outside town..on the road for ste marguerite and t l r !!

jean-guy

The trails look a little thin? but nice, wide and flat!

Later

Gutz

The trails look a little thin? but nice, wide and flat!

Later

Gutz

hi gutz !!

not bad hey !!need more snow !!

grey sky here since a few days...but no snow !!temps went up to +2c yesterday and oc right now !!

few old pics from challenge kanada

p-1....reservoir lamothe ,north of chicoutimi....few miles from falardeau...on our way to z e c onatchiway !!

p-2 .......relais quoquochee ....on the road for parent...about 50 miles from la tuque

p-3.....peribonka river......way higher than onatchiway...big river !!

p-4....went up 20 miles north of clermont (charlevoix ) in the hydro powerline then went east for the ferry for tadoussac !!....awesome off the trail riding...jumping from one lake to another !!

p-5....bridge in val dor...not too far from clubhouse .....ski-moteur !!

p-6 ....on our south on lake chibougamau ....looooooooong day...woke up at 6 am...when i took pic...sled was seized...went back to chiboo for another sled...one coil was misfiring..

told my friend + guide...no way i won t go to l s j (170 miles ) with that sled..

guide was mad at me...so waited at the clubhouse not too far from chiboo for another sled...left there at 9 pm and landed at lac a jim ....n-w l s j at 5 30 am..slept for about 2 hrs....went to st felicien ,then back up to 55 miles north of dolbeau and landed in a clubhouse around midnight just outside mistassini .

then arrived in st felicien at 4 30 am...great adventure !!