Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hahahahahhaha!!!..to both of you!!...hahahaha!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

on my way to work this morning!!

walked about 600' in the field,then they started to kwack-kwack and took off !!

let say the hydro power line going from right to left ,tq5, about 2 miles on the left..you re looking toward albertville.

matapedia river in the middle of the pic ,down in the valley.

almost 0c this morning...very close !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Are they working on the windmills outside Ste Margarite? Was there ever a decision made if they were plow the TQ 5 this winter?

http://www.ventsdukempt.com/images/stories/eolectric/vdk2012_layout34_51_siteweb.jpg

hi smclelan!!

right now ,don t know much.i know they have met the president of the club and at least one operator back in may if i remember well,

if they plow the road (trail) ...i should have enough room to groom next to the road..hope so!!!should be a lot wider

they should work a bit in december ,from what i know ...stop ..then start again in march!!

not 100% sure,but i think they are late behind amqui ( lake alfred ).

during the spring time ..i checked for a new trail on google earth ,offered that to the president ,but looks like he met those big bosses from compagnies after i offered him the ''new trail ''.

hope the map will work...septieme rang ..its the long straight west of ste marguerite

route fraser....right after the field with the 2 canals .

route guay ...just before arriving in town,,,,gravel pit and steep hill area ...

Hi Jean-Guy,

Looks like the Canada Geese are getting ready to migrate south to Florida for the winter!

hi florida snowman !!

ya.ready !!

read on the french forum that some said they were early this year.

some guys from quebec city and rdl area see them since the last 3-4 weeks !!

hope it means a big winter !!

this morning my forestry technician came for a visit!!he knows all the wooden private lots around town-ste marguerite etc..

so,he was telling me that some land owners don t want to sign contracts i guess,to give access to their properties for the construction of windmills.

10 land owners..so,this will give big problems to compagnies.big boss should be in town next week.

going east on tq 5, when you cross main street in ste marguerite ,the camp set up will be about half mile on the right.about 5 hectacres..

mid way between town and ste marguerite ,there will be a a cement plant .about 3 miles higher than logging road...4-5 hectacres.

they were unable to find another road to avoid heavy traffic downtown ste marguerite...hahahah!!

building the base of a windmill,it takes 75 loads of cement!! ( trucks ),so heavy traffic coming in the village!!!

at the beginning,there was supposed to have over 100 windmills,now down to 44-47.

all the work should start oct 22...after moose hunting!!

Edited by groomer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_electrical_generating_stations_in_Quebec

When you click on the co-ordinates, it will ask you to choose your map and its amazing! Play with this a bit, kind of neat!!

sure it ll be rough on the road !! already bumpy to go there.if i can see my friend from the orange camp on my way back from the camp sunday ,ill ask him.btw,the cement plant will be on his lot!!

i guess thats what they want ,more $$$ !!

thx for the info linda and florida snowman !!

pic 3 ...beaver dam on the right,bottom of the hill .camp 7 miles in front !!

frost again this morning !!

hi linda !!

reminds me when i was working in s-w o !!!

i kept myself busy saturday morning!!went to cut extra firewoods and brought some to the camp!!

friend came to install electricity at the camp yesterday!!

saw one of your friends yesterday at the end of the afternoon!!

almost forgot,the calf ,friday on my way up,about 2 miles after the orange camp.he was sleeping on the road.....i had only my small lens!!

Hi Jean-Guy!

I guess that new method is better than the old way!

Linda

Hi Jean-Guy!

Linda

hi linda !!

hahaha!! exactly what i need .im cutting trees since the last 3 weeks....one more week and done with work !!

have a nice week end !!ready for camp !!

jean-guy :drinks: <<<<<<<<redwood !!!...hahahaha!!!

Hi Jean-Guy!

Linda

hi linda !!

hahaha!! exactly what i need .im cutting trees since the last 3 weeks....one more week and done with work !!

have a nice week end !!ready for camp !!

jean-guy :drinks: <<<<<<<<redwood !!!...hahahaha!!!

You know that old picture...apparantly they are moose!! If you 'google' it, there are many pictures of moose being used to 'pull'...now there's an idea should someone become stuck with their 4 wheeler lol (won't be me btw lol)

You need to remember, if there are no pictures, it did not happen

sunset pics....friday night !!

went riding saturday morning ,they are building a new road between causapscal river and lake casault and causapscal.

they spent thousand and thousand of $$$$$$$ to build new roads in the woods......and the mayor of my town is too cheap to spend 20.00$$$ to patch the holes in my street!!hahahahha!!

linda......better learn to ''call '' moose if you want to get unstuck !!hahahha!!

Hi Jean-Guy,

The leaves are all still green up there eh? I'm taking a cruise leaving Oct 7th from Montreal & cruising to NYC. Looking forward to circling the Gaspesie on the water for a change! Hope to catch the Fall Foliage in PEAK colors!!

Best,

Tom

hi tom !!

just started to change colors !!

you should be in time...not 100% sure.normally ,during moose hunting (oct 13-21th) most of the trees are naked !!

you should still have some colors !!

pics from this morning.

the one with the farm,last field on the right,tq5 is right there.road for albertville is just next to right.the patch of wood,hydro power line is there.mill is about half a mile on the left of the farm in straight line.

pic with the mill,shortcut for albertville is on the left.you can see some fields !!

hi all !!

hahahahha!!!

at work this morning !!!

looks like were going to get buried next season!!

can you spot the bees nest???...hahahhaha!!!

answer tomorrow between 5pm and 7 pm i guess !!

good luck !!!free glass of wine for the winner !!

from right to left...

first 2 big white trees ,then just on the left of the second one..there s a smaller white tree.from the top of the pic ,about 1 '' lower...on the big branch.

the nest is about 35-40' in the air !!

jean-guy