Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

lol Gotta be careful of what you say on the World Wide Web!!!!! Could be quite a blow out at the Camp!! Mucho people!!

Many lurk here and occasionally post ( me for example).

Great country and I even recognize some areas without snow on them.

JG does a great job keeping us up to date during winter monthes and his pics are always a treat to look at all year long. I especially like when he throws a few teazers ( snow pics) in during the Summer.

I had no idea this site even existed till last year when I was looking for some trail info.

Will be back through this year once the snow comes . Last year we ran out of snow too early with that freak thaw. Will try it earlier this year .

Keep the pics and info coming JG and everyone else.

EXT

lol Gotta be careful of what you say on the World Wide Web!!!!! Could be quite a blow out at the Camp!! Mucho people!!

Many lurk here and occasionally post ( me for example).

You got that right, ye ha party time :drinks: . Last time i was at the camp i locked in the gps coordinates, i can find my way there in the dark, save a bottle of Redwood Creek for me JG. LOL

JG

hi all !!

don t want it to be the ''woodstock '' of the gaspesie !!there will be a traffic jam at the camp !!.hhahaha!!

thx ext ,always a pleasure to post a few !!

j-g...there s a shorter way to go to camp...using the ''dirty '' trail on the other side of the brook at the camp...if you remember where we started riding off the trail....camp is about 4 miles from there....did nt use it ,narrower at a few places and there was a few branches !!

no problem for wine....talking about wine,somebody gave me a bottle,looks like it was a cheap one just by the taste.drank it last night...woke up on the wrong foot this morning !!hahhaa!!

well,just back from my camp...looks like the weather affected me...windy like hell,cloudy ,ice on the road,decided to bring my 4w back in town..was there since may

so,maybe 1 or 2 more at the camp with my 4w and it ll be it for this year i guess.

if i can have a nice day ,i go to the st fidele cb next week !!

jean-guy :drinks:

thx steven !!

like that kind of pics !!

went to check for a new trail in town this afternoon..done early ,so went for a short ride.up toward the lake ,then turned for the local for ste marguerite beach !!!

they are cutting trees on the side of the road ,so it ll be wider.....but talked with the operator ,they might not bulldoze it this year !!

they should carry woods before christmas!!

not much ladies in sight downtown ste marguerite beach this afternoon !!....hahhahaha !!

pic 2-3-4 ...the long straight 2 miles west of ste marguerite!!

5-6-7 ...on top of the hill half a mile before t l r ....the dark yellow/orange machine is just next to t l r!!there will be 2 or 3 windmills there.

p-8...don t know the word..stump crusher.stump eater...on the right !!!

p-9 ...right at..... t l r !!

deer ,just before arriving in the first fields on both side of the trail !!

Hi Jean-Guy!

Thanks for the great pictures!! Looks like the 'Calm before the storm' to me!! That time of year when the sky looks gloomy, the water gets thick and the roads look like they are waiting for snow!

I must say, was a little nervous while I was looking...thinking you were going to have your 4 Wheeler on top of a log pile. I know when I was there last you were considering it! Stay off the logs!! I need you on the TQ5!

Linda

Hi Jean-Guy!

Thanks for the great pictures!! Looks like the 'Calm before the storm' to me!! That time of year when the sky looks gloomy, the water gets thick and the roads look like they are waiting for snow!

I must say, was a little nervous while I was looking...thinking you were going to have your 4 Wheeler on top of a log pile. I know when I was there last you were considering it! Stay off the logs!! I need you on the TQ5!

Linda

Sounds like HEAVEN to me Linda! 8)

hi linda + shane !!

thx...honestly i was looking for a pile to climb up...they were too small or too steep ...no luck again !!

hope its not too hard on your blood pressure !!!hahhahaha !!

like riding at this time of the year,muddy roads and trails ..

lots of rain here today ,+9c .

waiting for a sunny day and i want to do a 100 miles + ride before its too cold !!

shane ,pic of the deer,about a quarter mile from where we met at night while i was grooming .

HAHA That orange Stihl bag on the front of your bike must have 10,000 kilometers on it by now!!!

hi steven !!

hahhaha!! maybe more !!

just added another 95-100 miles today ...went to the old relay in st fidele ,then turned around and landed at the 16 miles on the t l r ,then up to the 18 ....went to the top of the hill near camp (1 miles ) .....crossed the brook ...used clearcuts and on the road for the lake and back home..

just too bad,left a bit late ....11 am and back at 5 pm

saw 3 mooses....mom + calf ,few miles before st fidele cb....then after crossing the brook near camp ,once on the new road..about half a mile from there.

jeam-guy

I remember that club being open in the late 1990's, not many times after that. It was always too close to where I started in Pointe a la Croix to stop, and too close to the end of the trip to stop.

You are a ways from home there JG, must be 45 miles or close to it.

river with the cedar on the left ,at the bottom of the first hill after the st fidele cb..there s a little trail on the right side

pic 3-4 ...made a phone call there.reception was a-1!! few miles west of the old relay in st fidele

probably the 4w club....they added a ''bathroom '' before arriving to that antler thing on the way east...mcstar we met early morning about a quarter mile behind 4 w!!

last pic,few miles before arriving to the 16 miles (t l r ) bit of snow on mont blanc,park matane !!

I remember that club being open in the late 1990's, not many times after that. It was always too close to where I started in Pointe a la Croix to stop, and too close to the end of the trip to stop.

You are a ways from home there JG, must be 45 miles or close to it.

according to my odometer ...41 miles !!....still close to home !!...hahahha !!i ve been 1x sledding to faribault camp alone and another time with my 4 w !!!

i used to look for troubles riding alone...not too bad now !!

saw one pick up few miles outside ste marguerite ...and another one a few miles before arriving at the 16 miles...

very low traffic ....hahhaha!!

last time i went to the clubhouse there,winter 1990 !!!...i still remember it was - 32 c that night!!

talking about 1990 ......back in mid november 1990 ,right on this date...awesome storm here,3 days storm...3' of snow...then another foot on dec 6 th...went shoveling the roof of the old camp on the 7 th.

on my way to the st fidele clubhouse...noticed the nice pines trees have been cut !!!

jean-guy

The pine trees were cut last winter, that is why they had the detour going up through l' Arverne

i had forgotten about that detour from last year!!!

well, i guess the groomer operator will see extra drifts...some places clearcuts are more than a quarter mile long.

and there s clearcuts on both side of the roads !!

-5c this morning !!

jean-guy

Great stuff Jean-Guy...I recognise some of that stuff and hope to become more farmilar with the area again this winter. It's even been cold here down to 32* F many nights. Hope winter comes soon...

Great stuff Jean-Guy...I recognise some of that stuff and hope to become more farmilar with the area again this winter. It's even been cold here down to 32* F many nights. Hope winter comes soon...

hi phil !!

thx...must be more interesting for you...can see both side !!....summer/winter !!!

only my second time thre since 1990...

as you can see ,the warming shack is ready for next season !!

p-7...where i turn around at the cb..can see the yellow things behind.

just too bad ,on the 2 other posts ,forgot to say a few info about pics.

linda ,you should recognize where we saw the mooses back in march......p-9

the pic before the last one ,,piles of woods in the back ground...we ve been there early morning !!

took the pic from the road of the lake..last one ,almost at the ''stump ''....3 miles in front of the 4w !!

Jean-Guy

I see 'stuck here'! That is not where you were stuck!

I like all your maps...but I am still lost lol. I see "linda's moose' and "camp lunch' helps me to see where we were etc.

Great pictures! Thanks for testing the phone booth! Clear as a bell!!

And PS...that 'trail out house' I ordered!! It was cold out there last year!!

Haha Cheers!

Linda

:drinks:

hi linda + steven !!

hahhaaa!!!

well, looks like you re confused a bit!!! hhahahaa!!

''stuck ''....its where you got stuck for good !!!...and if you have a good memory ,hope im not making a mistake with that......im the only one that day who stayed on top of the snow that day !!

and about that out house,hope sledders won t use it..not a place to stop in the middle of a hill !!

ya steven...we stopped there for a few beverages !!

guys are going to use it next season...they put insulation.... walls and floor !!

jean-guy :drinks: <<<<<beer for steven...milk for linda !!!>>>>>>>> :drinks: