Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi linda and tom !!

spectacular for sure !!

sorry about that ...thought about it while posting ,but forgot to gave you the credit for the pic !!

i owe you a few glasses of redwood for that !!..hahaha!!

tom...she cook like a chef !!!

late this afternoon ,i brought my 4w to camp....should be there for week end..not sure yet !!

on my way back ,i saw a black bear....first time about a quarter mile in front...

second time...was about 400' ..he went back in the woods ...so ,i stopped where he entered...i could see him clearly between trees..instead of taking a pic from inside my truck...went outside to get closer and he left !!!

pics of the hawk ...on my way up, in the beaver dam 2 miles from orange camp !!

finally ...a bit of rain and colder !!!

and great night !!!mtl canadiens are going to start playing golf tomorrow !!!...hahhahahha!!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Hey JG,

RedTail Hawk! Those are tough dudes!! I've seen them pick up squirrels and take them 100 feet in the air and drop them to kill them. Serious carnivores!

Great pics!

Tom

hi tom !!

woow !!he was still there on my back ....but he started to move slowly !!

last summer , on my way back from work...saw a bald eagle flying very low !!

he had caught a mouse in a field !!

parthridge in the old road at my camp..

thx !!

jean-guy

What lake? Lake Huron? Saint Claire river? Lake Saint Claire?

Lake Huron, but I do fish Lake St. Clair and the St. Clair river as well.

back from camp !!! bad weather !!

4 moose yesterday + 1 dead !!

mom + calf at the 17 miles on my way back..last pic.

brought candies for moose this morning before coming back in town !!

not the greatest moose pics...almost darkness last night and i had only my big lens !!

jean-guy

hi phil and crazysnow !!!

ya legal ...back in the old days 60-70's ..they were nt ...law probably changed somewhere in the 80's !!

ya...salt for moose !!!

need to buy an extra one,forgot a spot !!

easier to see bear at this time of the year....later ...mid june ..they 'll dissapear !!

friend came earlier this morning..last winter he won a trail cam...i ll fix it next week end ...i ll have a different view of the moose!!

pic of lake frenette..we 've been over that little dam last march...too a break from where i took pic...camp is on top of pic....

btw...on the other post....did you notice on pics 2-3-4-5 ... that there was 2 moose on the pics.....??????

back to work tomorrow......eeeeuuuuuuuuuuuhhh ,it ll be a tough first day !!hahhahahhaa!!!

jean-guy

Looks like you have had lots of rain, things look wet there.

hi smclelan !!

yaa...some places lots of water coming out of ground...even on narrow trails with lots of shade...ground still frozen !!rained a lot yesterday morning and very windy !!

heavy rain since noon !!!very welcome !! has been so dry !!

forgot to talk about that...cable bridge behind church is closed.i guess they ll do a new '' floor '' !!

pic...''rocky pool '' few miles higher than the ''marsh '' and a bit lower than the little fallls near lake causapscal ..

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh1.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh2.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh3.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh4.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh5.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh6.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh7.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh8.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh9.jpg

hi linda and tom !!

spectacular for sure !!

sorry about that ...thought about it while posting ,but forgot to gave you the credit for the pic !!

i owe you a few glasses of redwood for that !!..hahaha!!

tom...she cook like a chef !!!

late this afternoon ,i brought my 4w to camp....should be there for week end..not sure yet !!

on my way back ,i saw a black bear....first time about a quarter mile in front...

second time...was about 400' ..he went back in the woods ...so ,i stopped where he entered...i could see him clearly between trees..instead of taking a pic from inside my truck...went outside to get closer and he left !!!

pics of the hawk ...on my way up, in the beaver dam 2 miles from orange camp !!

finally ...a bit of rain and colder !!!

and great night !!!mtl canadiens are going to start playing golf tomorrow !!!...hahhahahha!!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Thanks Jean-Guy!!

I hope you had a good weekend! I didn't 'cook life a chef'" today...Mothers Day, I was spoiled!

Hope you are ready for work tomorrow! Find something for the slow cooker so dinner is ready when you get home!

Enjoy!

Linda

attachicon.gifjgh1.jpg

Hi jean guy what kind of work you do ?

ya legal ...back in the old days 60-70's ..they were nt ...law probably changed somewhere in the 80's !!

ya...salt for moose !!!

easier to see bear at this time of the year....later ...mid june ..they 'll dissapear !!

friend came earlier this morning..last winter he won a trail cam...i ll fix it next week end ...i ll have a different view of the moose!!

pic of lake frenette..we 've been over that little dam last march...too a break from where i took pic...camp is on top of pic....

btw...on the other post....did you notice on pics 2-3-4-5 ... that there was 2 moose on the pics.....??????

back to work tomorrow......eeeeuuuuuuuuuuuhhh ,it ll be a tough first day !!hahhahahhaa!!!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh1.jpg

hahhahaha!!!

hi linda !!

woooWWWW nice fish !! congrats !!

beside salmon here...we don t have big fish like that...only small trouts at the lake ...but we do have big moose !!!

ya...back to school this morning !!!rather work with a chainsaw than a pencil!!!..hahaha!!

it ll be a long day !!!

finally cooler this morning ...hope to have rain !!cloudy a bit !!

jean-guy

HI Groomer,,

What is the "tail" attached to the chain saw used for ? Looks kinda like a fiberglass rod extends from saw or maybe i am not seeing correctly anymore?? Age is slowly take a toll ,LOL . Been around chain saws ( Stihl ) for many years and just was puzzled,,Be carefull this summer working in the woods. Looks like you did get a good rain or still pretty dry in woods, low rivers and fire hazard?? All your pics are very " top shelf",, Thanks for taking the time to post,, Fuzzy

Edited by fuzzy600ho

Thanks Jean-Guy!!

I hope you had a good weekend! I didn't 'cook life a chef'" today...Mothers Day, I was spoiled!

Hope you are ready for work tomorrow! Find something for the slow cooker so dinner is ready when you get home!

Enjoy!

Linda

bonjour mlle !!

bad weather at the camp saturday morning..thats why i came back..im kind of ''squeezed '' at the camp..brook is too high to cross with 4w ...and road by lake frenette still ''too soft '' to use my truck..

cold and windy day ...even a few fleurries !!!

i don t have much the skills to cook !!hahaha!!...but thx for the advice !!!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh1.jpg

Hi jean guy what kind of work you do ?

ya...salt for moose !!!

jean-guy

hi artsled !!

i work with thinning saw and chainsaw for my boss since 23 years !!

with thinning saw i do ''spacing ''...tree every 6'.. or clean plantations .

started with my dad at the age of 13...then worked for my brother...then 1 year in a public place..did nt like it ,so i returned in the woods.

before grooming i was doing the deliveries at the dealership...tons of miles !!

i work alone..so nobody to bother me..boss come time to time and technicians 2x during summer !!

jean-guy

HI Groomer,,

What is the "tail" attached to the chain saw used for ? Looks kinda like a fiberglass rod extends from saw or maybe i am not seeing correctly anymore?? Age is slowly take a toll ,LOL . Been around chain saws ( Stihl ) for many years and just was puzzled,,Be carefull this summer working in the woods. Looks like you did get a good rain or still pretty dry in woods, low rivers and fire hazard?? All your pics are very " top shelf",, Thanks for taking the time to post,, Fuzzy

hi fuzzy !!

great to hear from you !!

the '' tail '' is to measure the length of my logs...from the tip of the tail to the tip of the blade there s 50''...twice ..so 100''..

back in the old days it was 96''...the extra 4'' is for wood chips...

but it happened to me a few times to have strange length...104 '' .....108 ''...50'' back in the 70's working with my dad !!

always worked with husqvarna chainsaw...sthil are great too ...

lots of rain and cold today..very happy ..lots of leaves on the ground where i am right now...

thx for comments !!...and always a pleasure to post a few ...btw ..saw a moose on my way to work this morning !!

linda took the pic of chainsaw when she came last sept...great shot btw !!she has the ''knack '' for pics !!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh5.jpg

hi fuzzy !!

great to hear from you !!

the '' tail '' is to measure the length of my logs...from the tip of the tail to the tip of the blade there s 50''...twice ..so 100''..

back in the old days it was 96''...the extra 4'' is for wood chips...

but it happened to me a few times to have strange length...104 '' .....108 ''...50'' back in the 70's working with my dad !!

always worked with husqvarna chainsaw...sthil are great too ...

lots of rain and cold today..very happy ..lots of leaves on the ground where i am right now...

thx for comments !!...and always a pleasure to post a few ...btw ..saw a moose on my way to work this morning !!

linda took the pic of chainsaw when she came last sept...great shot btw !!she has the ''knack '' for pics !!

jean-guy

Thanks for the info JG,, was diffently puzzled on the "tail". Makes a lot of sense now.. Husqhvarna is top shelf equipment , maybe even a notch better then Stilh?? The only two high quailitly saws left here in the states ????? You mentioned the old days,, I would make wager you used a different brand Chain saw than?? Not trying to but a date on you but it is not your first "day on the job" cutting wood, Ha Ha. There was a "ton" of names and some very good saws in the late 60/ early70's. Few old names still around ,but ,mostly all gone and junk now. No logger here but we mostly used Homelite years ago around the farm and etc,,which is still sold under that name at Home Depot or Lowes ?? ( I think ) but JUNK !!!

Linda is not bad with her camera ,, Pretty good pics she posts,,, but I would cast my vote on your pics as number one,,, LOL sorry Linda,, please don't shoot me,, A few more lessons from JG and you will be right there, HA HA

Fuzzy

Thanks for the info JG,, was diffently puzzled on the "tail". Makes a lot of sense now.. Husqhvarna is top shelf equipment , maybe even a notch better then Stilh?? The only two high quailitly saws left here in the states ????? You mentioned the old days,, I would make wager you used a different brand Chain saw than?? Not trying to but a date on you but it is not your first "day on the job" cutting wood, Ha Ha. There was a "ton" of names and some very good saws in the late 60/ early70's. Few old names still around ,but ,mostly all gone and junk now. No logger here but we mostly used Homelite years ago around the farm and etc,,which is still sold under that name at Home Depot or Lowes ?? ( I think ) but JUNK !!!

Linda is not bad with her camera ,, Pretty good pics she posts,,, but I would cast my vote on your pics as number one,,, LOL sorry Linda,, please don't shoot me,, A few more lessons from JG and you will be right there, HA HA

Fuzzy

hi fuzzy !!

thx for reminding me...forgot about old chainsaws !!! this is somewhere between 70 and 73...was very young...remember seeing homelite ...xl-15 i think ...mc culloch ...can t remember model...only thing i remember ..they were making a lots of noise.. ..then somewhere around 73-74 ..partner...they were popular back then....even if you had to crank them up for a long time because they were overheating all the time !!...hahahah!!

thats when i started to say tbk!!...hahhahahahhaha!!!....i could nt resist !!! hahhahaha!!!

i saw tons of those partner chainsaws...r-14...r-16...r-17 ....so ,i guess ,i started with them working with my dad..back in summer 75 !!

then husqvarna....way better !!..154-254...162..346 and 357 !!

i have a 346 xp and 357 xp right now !!!enough for what i do !!

i ll never buy a not popular brand in a canadian tire or wal mart ...no thx !!

jean-guy

Fuzzy

Ha Fuzzy!! I use a camera phone usually...but yes, a few more lessons in store for me yet!

Ha Fuzzy!! I use a camera phone usually...but yes, a few more lessons in store for me yet!

Linda,,

Oh!! Camera phone pics??,,than pretty dag gone good !! But, just a few more "lessons" this spring in the Gaspie from JG on a ATV trip would be good,, lol,

hi fuzzy !!!

few pics from this morning !!

windy...rainy ...cold ...won t be surprised to see fleurries tonight..

preparing to go to my camp !!...only 7 c !!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh1.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh2.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh3.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh4.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh5.jpg

hi fuzzy !!!

few pics from this morning !!

windy...rainy ...cold ...won t be surprised to see fleurries tonight..

preparing to go to my camp !!...only 7 c !!

jean-guy

Good Morning Groomer,

Never saw a device or clamp like your first pic. Looks like it would work very well. Drive it in and " bingo"!! Have a good weekend at camp.

Fuzzy

hi fuzzy !!

changed my mind yesterday afternoon at the last minute...bad weather...rainy ...windy and cold...

so ,i stayed home and this morning went to help my friend at the lake..i put about 15 trees down...great team work !!

cold ...even snowed a bit in the morning...on my way there ,i could see that it was snowing on park matane.

no long week end for me...start working monday !!!

the houses...ste marguerite on my way back !!

1c right now !!!

about that thing to file...works great...dad bought that in 74 or 75 ...im still using it !!

jean-guy

Cold spring this year Jean-Guy. 2nd coldest April on record since 1860!! And May has been cold also. Crazy.

Get some rest today!

Best,

Tom

hi tom !!

not surprised at all...late march...early april ..its has been grey sky and not too funny weather for many days...

better today ...at least sunny !!...friend told me that it snowed in the new richmond area yesterday too !!

preparing mentally to start working tomorrow.....first 2 weeks are always tough...time to adapt and get in shape !!

jean-guy