Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

attachicon.gifjgh13.jpg

hi tom !!

not surprised at all...late march...early april ..its has been grey sky and not too funny weather for many days...

better today ...at least sunny !!...friend told me that it snowed in the new richmond area yesterday too !!

preparing mentally to start working tomorrow.....first 2 weeks are always tough...time to adapt and get in shape !!

jean-guy

It's about time you start doing some Work . lol :drinks: Ha Ha

It's about time you start doing some Work . lol :drinks: Ha Ha

hi crazysnow !!

yaa,...about time !!!anyway i had no choices to start !!

still poor weather ...cold and rainy ...looks like late november day...only 9c

jean-guy :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...

hi all !!!

few pics from week end...tons and tons of rain lately...everyday !!stopped yesterday afternoon..

pics from saturday at camp...rain again !!shortest ride of season...about 6 miles !!

on my way to work this morning!!i use road for ste marguerite ...then t l r for a few miles...

causapscal river is under the fog !!

linda-eddie-john-dave and steven ...

the field on top left ...first pic....where we parked outside town..house of ex-operator !!

the bridge where we stopped on our back to camp ....somewhere on the right side over the fog ...or

close !!

-2c at 5 am this morning !!!

i forgot....post 3153..the last pic with moose...at the 13 miles on t l r !!

back in the mid 90's coming back from camp...

i was pedal to metal with my truck...as long as you see the road..i saw a cougar right at the bottom...can see road is turning to left ...right there...

i did nt stop ...because i knew there was a pick up truck following me in the dust..thats why i was pedal to metal...did nt want him to be in front !!hahhahahah!!!

did nt want him to ''punch me '' in the rear of my truck !!!

hi crazysnow and artsled !!

thx.....sometimes it worth to make the effort !!

expecting to be at camp tomorrow if weather is nice !!

moose time pics at this time of the year !!!

with all the rain ...no mosquitos yet !! surprising !!hahha!!

Is Artsled a paying advertiser? These are pretty big adds for the video's but I don't see him in the 'Advertisers List'?

Is Artsled a paying advertiser? These are pretty big adds for the video's but I don't see him in the 'Advertisers List'?

No I think she is a 25 ish year old girl looking for attention/a man. Wrong form imo. Go with the steak photo

No I think she is a 25 ish year old girl looking for attention/a man. Wrong form imo. Go with the steak photo

No, its a man, he sells videos and is advertising them on the bottom of that picture of the girls bottom stuck in the sand.

No, its a man, he sells videos and is advertising them on the bottom of that picture of the girls bottom stuck in the sand.

Hmm I was going on the pic they had for some time above the name and info. Younger girl 25ish blue top I think odd either way

Yup checked out the website, videos for sale and you can find out where to buy them by logging onto Quebecrider.com and visiting the Gaspe forum/metapedia pics, the ad is very clear.

Time for the moderators to make a sale during the off season.

Jean Guy

Hey buddy send up a flair let us know you are OK :help: Im in need of more of your nature pics. your view of the world is awesome.

We all need our groomer pics to help us through the summer. I hope your not working too hard and cant get to a computer

See 8) you later

Curtis

Jean Guy

Hey buddy send up a flair let us know you are OK :help: Im in need of more of your nature pics. your view of the world is awesome.

We all need our groomer pics to help us through the summer. I hope your not working too hard and cant get to a computer

See 8) you later

Curtis

hi curtis + don + all !!

well ,no pics last week...did nt go to camp because of bad weather....hard to have a bit of sunshine !!

tons and tons of rain here...just crazy !!last week ...tuesday i think...came close to see snow...freezing rain and cold....-3c in the morning!!

left last friday for camp.....little bull beside camp ..on my way up friday..

the one in the clearcut...took pics of sunsets....so,when i saw him ..i was kind of blinded,thats why pic is blurred..

found the dead one...back in early may...

pics of lake...friday night !!

saw 6 or 7 moose friday..yesterday night..waaay too windy !!

linda....you re friends are back !!both of them !!

gutz...i read last week that mx 338 will close soon....sad !!

all pics ,saturday !!

went to help my friend jean with his new cottage in the morning..then on my way back to camp for diner / lunch...saw the 2 calves + mom !!

looks like mom was way behind with her '' shopping '''...she s way back !!

as soon the calves entered woods...she started running toward me...i guess she was in a bad mood !!

carried a bit of woods in the afternoon !!...then back riding at night to look for moose...no luck ....too windy !!

on one pic...can see the field behind ex-operator house !!

gutz...i read last week that mx 338 will close soon....sad !!

Jean-Guy

The track is owned by American Legion Post 338, but leased to MX 338. MX 338 runs the events and make the schedules. I think another promoter/management co. will lease the track and continue the operations.

Thanks

GutZ

big thx for info gutz !!!

fuzzy...i work in the woods since 86 and worked alone 99.8% alone..hit my left leg in 87 ,about 6 '' lower than knee...almost hit bone !!

while cutting branches on a tree...felt my leg was cold...lifted my pant ....all the skin was ''kaputt ''

2 scars...one of 2 '' and another of 3 ''...

first time that i went fast with my truck..90 mph..pedal to metal...i was 20 miles from home...stopped home to change clothes and go hospital..

when i arrived at the hospital..i told the nurse.....do you do a special for a chainsaw injury...she said go to emergency right now !!...hahhahha!!

my only accident in the woods...

finally sunshine is back ..26 c today ...both rivers in town still high !!...mosquitos are back too !!!

almost forgot.....for those who came at my camp for the gathering....pic 2.....the road over 4w...where we started to ride off the trail...blue / white camp !!just a bit lower...road goes to right just under clearcuts...the lake is half a mile in front of the last clearcut on the right !!!

Jean-Guy

glad your ok also thanks for the pictures awsome as usual Ansel Adams has nothing on you! the time and patience you put in to get those shots is so appreciated wish i could live in such a beautiful place. take care of yourself and see you soon

CC

Edited by poltodoo

Jean-Guy

glad your ok also thanks for the pictures awsome as usual Ansel Adams has nothing on you! the time and patience you put in to get those shots is so appreciated wish i could live in such a beautiful place. take care of yourself and see you soon

CC

big thx for the words curtis !!

you brought me luck...this afternoon after diner...around 1 45 pm ...while working ...saw something moving just next to the blade on my thinning saw..just saw like a shadow....was nt sure ...i stopped !!

looked on my left ...took a few seconds...then a partridge...i thought i had hit her somewhere..she was still moving....was nt shy at all....about 6 ' on my left..

found that strange...i thought maybe she was having s?x with a rooster near by...hahhahha...because i could hear one all day playing '' drums ''....clapping his wings !!

so...suddently her feather around her neck went straight up...she was mad....so,i looked around ...and about 4' in front on my thinning saw ,her nest was there on the ground...she was nesting/covering her eggs.....there was at least 6 ...

while i still had my thinning saw on me running idle...she passed again in front of the blade to go back in her nest ...

so..i made a u-turn and started working a little further no to bs her with wood chips...when blade turn fast ..it throw a lots of wood chips / pieces everywhere...

at the end of my tank of gas ...i moved a lot further....so tomorrow, if i don t forget ..i ll bring my camera and go back to take a pics..

pic of the forks ....last week..river is a bit lower now !!