Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi all !!!

100 miles yesterday...great day for riding...

6 moose..9 deer....1 partridge..1 porcupine and 1 rabbit....

little bad luck.......4w stalled while pushing it in the snow...came close to take 6-7 miles walk...darkness was coming !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Great pictures Jean-Guy!!

I recognize lots of places...I sure miss them!

Glad to hear you were able to fix the 4 wheeler! Smart in the Gaspesie I suppose.

Better have it looked at, lots of km's!! I don't want to have to send in the army to find you.

Change oil? Do a little maintenance....you ride to remote...those deer are cute, but not likely going to give you a ride home.

Linda

:give_rose:

Great pictures Jean-Guy!!

I recognize lots of places...I sure miss them!

Glad to hear you were able to fix the 4 wheeler! Smart in the Gaspesie I suppose.

Better have it looked at, lots of km's!! I don't want to have to send in the army to find you.

Change oil? Do a little maintenance....you ride to remote...those deer are cute, but not likely going to give you a ride home.

Linda

:give_rose:

good morning linda !!

thx....hmmmmmmm....posting at 8 01 am...looks like you woke up late !!..hahahha!!

oil change next week !!

i was on my way to take pics of that cabin where we went off causapscal river with eddie and john...got stuck twice..so,when i reached for throttle ....4w died right there..

first thing that came to mind...air filter is dirty ...checked..very clean..tried to start few times...running for 1 second....

began to scratch my head while saying a few tbk ...hahhaha...i did nt want to walk..i was 6-7 miles from the lake.so.tried and tried to start ...nothing...i was there since close to an hr,it was 6 pm ...so ,i took my stuff off the carrier to hide it in the woods ,then go to lake walking..

while doing that .lightnings struck me ...took a screw driver and knocked the carburator a few times....then tried again and vroooooooooooooooooooommm !!!ready to go back riding...

i noticed that i was very low on gas...thats why i thought about that ...something was stuck in the carburator...3 gallons of gas for 50 miles....went to lake and borrowed harold 2 gallons to go back in town and look for moose at the same time.

i thought about calling ''miller towing ''...but i was nt sure if they were open 24/7 ...hahhaha!! :give_rose:

i had noticed during afternoon while taking pics that there was always a smell of gas ,but i thought it was vapors coming from my can !!

preparing to go to lake to help jean for the day !!

great weather and dry ..

moose and deer...'' 3 moose hill...''

on the other post ..pic 3 and 4 ...dead moose...smelling really bad !!

Post 3104 pic 6 and 9 that river looks very high.

Was at my cabin for the day today and lake was really high, neighbour permanent resident told me ice just melted just last week, a friend was with me and wanted to take a polar bear swim, chickened out when he put his hand in, ha ha ha. City boy

Post 3104 pic 6 and 9 that river looks very high.

Was at my cabin for the day today and lake was really high, neighbour permanent resident told me ice just melted just last week, a friend was with me and wanted to take a polar bear swim, chickened out when he put his hand in, ha ha ha. City boy

hi jg !!!

samething for me...yesterday morning at the lake...there was a little tarzan swimming in the lake !!!hahhahha!!

not for me !!

river looks high ...but could be way higher !!we need rain badly !!

very dry in the woods right now!!

if you look at pics in town at the '' forks ''....normally at this time of the year ...bench should be in the water......gazebo and picnic table too ..

on the other side of the river...brown building ....grass should be in the water..in 94 i think, water level was up to that little ciment wall...about 3.5 ' high !!

so ,both rivers are low...for this time of the year !!

deer on my way up to lake yesterday morning.....the lake turned ''black '' since friday..i guess a few more days and a bit of wind..ice will be gone !!

Atv looks good JG keep up the maintenance and she'll might out live a Yamaha. LOL

Take care mon home

JG

hmmmmmmmm !!!! hahahha !!!!....no comments!!...hahhaha!!!

did nt know what to post...talking about the map here !!

if you look north of the map....bridge with 4w....took the pics of river there..got stuck a few hundred feet from bridge!!

plowed road .....little bridge ...and little bridge 2....road we used for gathering !!

bridge with 4w...is about 1 mile from little bridge !!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Forest very dry here too, needle on fire meter is in extreme position.

http://www.sopfeu.qc.ca/en/home-alert

i was having my diner and saw 4 fire trucks passing on main street....just checked on sopfeu site and looks like there a fire on a private lot within 10 miles from here !!

click interactive map...and look more the '' yellow flames ''just south of my town !!

jean-guy

Edited by groomer

Checked it out, flame icon is blue now meaning the fire has been restrained. Pfeew, that's too close to home, your home.

Interesting website.

JG

worked a few times in that area..on both side of the road....15 mins from home !!

wanted to start working this week to get in shape.....i ll have to wait !!

28c here with a few clouds !!

jean-guy

Hi JG. Some crazy warm weather up there by you it's in the mid 60s here and in the 70s by you. Wow ! Crazy.

Get your bikini ready. Ha Ha.

Edited by crazysnow

hi all !!

big thx for sharing pic nine-2-nine !!!very nice !!! i ll be very glad to drive that shuttle and go up there to take a few !!

hi john and phil !!

still very warm ...dry and windy !!

went to buy my z e c pass this morning and saw my boss...told him ,no work for me this week ...too dangerous..i m waiting for rain !!

went to help my friend jean at the lake to '' destroy '' his cottage a bit !!

not sure yet ..but tomorrow might be the ''d '' day for the ice on the lake..very windy today ...but shook a bit only...not much !!

Here is a pic I took just this week, haha. Thought you guys would appreciate this one. If anyone hasn't seen Col. Chris Hadfields Facebook it's a must.

he is from Sarnia. Our airport is named after him.Great man!

Hi Jean-Guy

I am just working away here at home and took a day to go fishing....helps me keep my mind out of the Gaspesie! lol

This is fishing season for me, here is a nice little Rainbow Trout that I pulled in on my first ever lead core lined reel. I was pooped after getting this thing in the boat. She was feisty!

Just over 9lbs, 27`` and on a warrior spoon!

Have fun at school tomorrow!

Linda

post-875-0-83847200-1368072705_thumb.jpg

Hi Jean-Guy

I am just working away here at home and took a day to go fishing....helps me keep my mind out of the Gaspesie! lol

This is fishing season for me, here is a nice little Rainbow Trout that I pulled in on my first ever lead core lined reel. I was pooped after getting this thing in the boat. She was feisty!

Just over 9lbs, 27`` and on a warrior spoon!

Have fun at school tomorrow!

Linda

hahhahaha!!!

hi linda !!

woooWWWW nice fish !! congrats !!

beside salmon here...we don t have big fish like that...only small trouts at the lake ...but we do have big moose !!!

ya...back to school this morning !!!rather work with a chainsaw than a pencil!!!..hahaha!!

it ll be a long day !!!

finally cooler this morning ...hope to have rain !!cloudy a bit !!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh1.jpg

hahhahaha!!!

hi linda !!

woooWWWW nice fish !! congrats !!

beside salmon here...we don t have big fish like that...only small trouts at the lake ...but we do have big moose !!!

ya...back to school this morning !!!rather work with a chainsaw than a pencil!!!..hahaha!!

it ll be a long day !!!

finally cooler this morning ...hope to have rain !!cloudy a bit !!

jean-guy

Now that is truly a spectacular picture! lol

Nice catch Linda! Great eating trout also. I hope you ate it. Love trout almondine!

Tom

Thanks Tom!!

And yes, it was cooked on the bbq. Half in the freezer for another day!

Linda

post-875-0-33512800-1368148627_thumb.jpg

post-875-0-89367700-1368148611_thumb.jpg