Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi all !!

free pron from gaspesie and everyone is happy !!!

it happened saturday morning while having a coffee...right on the porch!!!hahhahha!!

don t know the name in english...but back in 86 when i started working in the woods...there was tons of those...landing everywhere on you !!

now ,not too bad...only a few ..

only 12 c today ....hail last night near farm !!

fuzzy ......saw the moose maybe 600' before stopping ..she was on a dirt bank..then saw mom and calf about 250' further... ...took pics of mom + calf first ..then ..i climbed on the front carrier of my 4w to take pics of that mom...and be at the same ''level ''

did nt notice much...looks mad...maybe she was moving her ears because tons of mosquitos saturday night...very friendly ....spent close to 20 mins with her...she was all smile!!

back working with chainsaw since last thursday ...tall trees...must be careful when falling down....there s a lot of '''spring '' when they touch ground..they can swing from right to left in a second !!

crazysnow...pic of lake frenette...just next to the cabin there...and the bridge...just next where we went off river !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Groomer,

That moose ,,,on your pic number six above does not look like a "Happy Camper",, according to the ears. Long camera lense?? or pretty close to him?? Great pics as always.. fuzzy

hi fuzzy !!

sorry ,i forgot !!

i keep my big lens as long as possible...light decide...on those 2 pics...i was at the bottom of a hill..not much light there....

first pic...she was about at 20 '....the second ,i went off my 4w...and walked a bit ...she climbed the bank on the left side......so ,i was at 15' max !!

nice lady !!!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh6.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh7.jpg

hi fuzzy !!

sorry ,i forgot !!

i keep my big lens as long as possible...light decide...on those 2 pics...i was at the bottom of a hill..not much light there....

first pic...she was about at 20 '....the second ,i went off my 4w...and walked a bit ...she climbed the bank on the left side......so ,i was at 15' max !!

nice lady !!!

jean-guy

No "ear problem " there,,looks very friendly for sure,,,,,,, great pics J. G.,, fuzzy

hi all !!

few pics....not the greatest week end....no riding friday night...rain...saturday ,i ve been caught in a t-storm...went to hide under a treestand..

sunshine came back yesterday around noon....lots of water...

only 3 moose...

when i left this morning...sky was full of smoke from the forest fire in wabush...worse than the one of baie comeau few weeks back!! smoke was thicker !!

pics of a friend of mine...he works on the duniere reserve...taken june 30 th !!

woooww !! far from home....mount logan is closest to duniere reserve.....mount albert is next !!!

jean-guy

Canadian Air Fresheners?

attachicon.gifpost-44-0-76822200-1372717044_thumb.jpg

what he said artsled !!!caribou from gaspesie park !!

gutz !!!....hahhaha!!

they re not my socks....those are gloves !!!!hahahha !!

i waited about 15 mins...then go for lake....made about half a mile and back again in heavy rain !!

linda and mcstar ...on our way to camp ...we ve been by that treestand....we met my friends...half a mile behind 4 w!!that piece of wood in the middle of the treestand.....just a bit on the left...can see an entrance in the wood...right there !!!

plowed road is 1 mile in front of 4w !!!

3 moose hill between 6 and 7 ''thing '' on the ladder !!!

today ...has been probably my worse day at work in the last 40 years !!!

hahhahahha!!!! bad day at the office !!!

Here is a picture I took 6 miles behind Mont Saint Pierre last weekend. This was from the road leading from MSP to Mont Jacques Cartier or the Gaspesie National Park.

attachicon.gifJuly 1 2013 191.JPG

very nice !!

took that road years ago !!

from home to la cache to murdochville to msp and back to gite du mont albert....

about 300 miles !!

jean-guy

Hello All, I'm in the Matapedia region for a few days and since Groomer is at camp, I will try to provide an interim report. Since the locals aren't familiar with a scorpionbowl, they simply call me Rejean-Guy.

The weather continues to be very hot, with several days into the 90's. Surprisingly, there is still snow on Mt. Albert.

MtAlbert.jpg

Lupines are in full bloom, about a month later than home.

Lupines.jpg

Farmers seem to be raising wind mills now, but must still need hay.

Wind.jpg

Before I left, Groomer was kind enough to give me directions to his fish jumping spot. I could have stayed there all day. Fish were jumping at maybe 1 in every 2 minutes. You have to be quick with the camera that's for sure. A few of them made it up, and some just went head-on into the rocks.

Fish1.jpg

Fish2.jpg

So far, I've seen 1 Moose, 1 Deer, 2 Rabitts, and 4 SAQ's. Tomorrow, I head home and await the real update from Groomer...

RG

hey

I'm in the area too, look for a little blue Honda Fit, MA Plates.

Wife is in charge of this trip, we going to some garden thing Grand-Metis then on to Perce.

GutZ

hi scorpionbowl + gutz !!

well,not the greatest week end for me...hate that heat !!saw 2 moose late friday on my way back to camp...first one at 12hrs 17 am and the next one at 12hrs 23 am !!

yesterday morning went to see a friend at his camp near causapscal river..he was nt there..on my way there i saw one lupine...so,i know there s more by lake causapscal ......

while waiting for my potatoes to cook for supper and talking with my bottle...hahhaha !! i cancelled my moose run and went near lake causapscal to take pics of lupines....then went to the falls...took a chance to go...

was there at 7 34 pm.....checked in the parking...then went to marsh ...7 39 pm...2 cars only...then stopped at the bridge to take pics of little falls and have a refreshment !!! stayed there for 20 mins...then back up toward lake causapscal ....lake 8 miles..road for 16 miles and 3 moose hill and back to camp around 9 15 pm

very happy scorpionbowl that you ve seen salmon jump the falls...ya...must be fast to take pics...but after a while you get use to that ...

was awake at 3 30 am this morning ...ready to milk the cows...very warm in the camp and i could hear mosquitos road racing around the camp !!!hahhaha!!

great pics as usual !!!

gutz...

you ll like jardins de metis !!...awesome place for flowers !!!

Gutz, I drove home today. I was in Perce on Thursday. I should have stayed longer, the weather at home sucks.

Groomer, are those the st Alexander falls? I didn't make it there. You also didn't mention the girl at the gate to see the salmon was a better keeper than the fish! You certainly don't want to bring the bottle when taking pics of the fish.

My camp in VT doesn't have electricity either, so I know this isn't good weather for that, so that's why I made a last minute trip to the Gaspe. I considered going to baie James, good thing I didn't.

hi jackstraw !!

just back from falls !!

don t worry !!...hahahha!!! i brought back my wheels in town...bought 4 new tires !!

im at 15 432 km !!!must be my third or 4 set of tires !!

scorpionbowl !!!

no...its the falls just next to bridge behind me on the pic...the cgrmp / z e c office ...500' on the right of the bridge !!

ya..not the best place bring a bottle...forgot to tell you...long waaaayy to climb stairs !!

st alexandre falls are a lot higher....but not much water...

last sunday i came back by lake causapscal road from camp...girl was nt there and no girl tonight too!!

so ,i can t give you any advices about that !!..ahahaha!!99.9 % of time i use t l r to go to camp !!

i have a 2500 watts generator ( honda ) at the camp...did nt use it this week end....too dry outside !!

Doctor says good to eat fish twice a week, salmon is best to eat it lowers bad cholesterol. But not sure if they are always right .

i know !!back in the old days..we used to eat fish every friday for diner !!....cod...!!!

on my way to camp before noon ( hope so )....super dry here !!! way too dangerous to work !!

doctor said to drink beer to keep my throat wet !!...hahahhahah !!! :tease: