Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Nice shots of that moose JG, you must be getting really brave or you got quite the zoom on your camera.

Last bit of snow in my yard melted on the weekend, officially all gone. Time to break out the atv and do some exploring.

Take care mon homme

JG

Nice shots of that moose JG, you must be getting really brave or you got quite the zoom on your camera.

Last bit of snow in my yard melted on the weekend, officially all gone. Time to break out the atv and do some exploring.

Take care mon homme

JG

hi j-g !!

on the other post...between branches...max 20'...then when she came on the road..she made a left hand turn ..right after, maybe 12 '....

on this one...only the the ditch was separating us...let say 20'...i just noticed that the mom had ticks behind her ears !!

calf was maybe 50' on my left....right at the bridge 3 miles before my camp !!

i ve seen enough mooses...i know if they are in a good mood or not !!!

very special to see....alone with a moose right by your side !!! i don t bs mooses ,so ..when they are calm like that .....they don t care if you are there...just stay quiet and they ll give you a nice show !!

waiting to ride my 4w.....maybe next week end...still too much snow to go to camp.....need rain and sunshine !!

jean-guy :drinks:

same moose than beaver dam....2 posts ago !!

saw her at least half a mile in front of me !!

last pic...beaver dam is right there on the left side!!

orange camp is 1.5 miles ahead !!

You're the "Moose Whisperer" JG.

Be careful just the same, remember what happened to that guy in BC that was spending all his time watching the Grizzlies, I believe his name WAS Timothy Treadwell if memory serves me correct.

Less likely to be mauled by a moose but they sure can ram and stomp on you.

I have every bit of confidence that you know what your doing JG but all it takes is one rogue moose and game over.

Take care and keep the pics coming, love the close ups.

JG

You're the "Moose Whisperer" JG.

Be careful just the same, remember what happened to that guy in BC that was spending all his time watching the Grizzlies, I believe his name WAS Timothy Treadwell if memory serves me correct.

Less likely to be mauled by a moose but they sure can ram and stomp on you.

I have every bit of confidence that you know what your doing JG but all it takes is one rogue moose and game over.

Take care and keep the pics coming, love the close ups.

JG

always careful !!!

always watch the ears !!

from may to mid sept ..does nt bother me much...but when rut season arrive...im more careful...specially bulls...their attitude can change very fast !!

if i feel they are nt in a good mood ..i won t try to get close !!i keep my distances !!

thx for video !!hope i watched the right one...funny !!

on those pics..if i remember well....saw 4 in less than a min...mom + calf ..then another mom coming from left and one coming from the right.

not 100% sure ,but i think i heard about that guy with grizzlies !!

hi all !!

went riding for the first time today!!

about 80 miles...still too much snow to go to camp..turned around about 8 miles before arriving there.

one more week i guess.went by t l r ...then turned around...took 16 miles road up to lake...then down to bridge on causapscal river...checked gas...and took trail for ste marguerite up to t l r and back home..

lots of new clearcuts !!...the deer ,about 2 miles before causap river...there was 2 !!

great night to see mooses.....

great night to see mooses.....

When it comes to the plural form for Moose, Meese or Mooses i have often questioned myself, so i looked it up at Wiktionary and got my answer........but Mosinee, that sounds like a name of a beer in the maritimes for God sakes. Guess mooses fits better. LOL

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/moose#cite_note-INiM-etpl-2

Usage notes

• The use of moose in the plural is sometimes problematic. The regularly formed plural, mooses, is by now rare and its use may be regarded as irksome and uneuphonious. The form meese—formed by analogy with goosegeese—will in most cases be greeted with a snigger, and is thus generally only appropriate in humorous contexts; even pragmatics notwithstanding, because moose has Algonquian origins—wholly unrelated to the Germanic roots of goose, on whose pattern the plural meese is formed—a strong declension plural form is etymologically inconsistent. The etymologically consistent plural form would be *mosinee,[2] but this plural form sees no use in English. In ordinary common usage, moose is treated as an invariant noun, which means its plural is also moose (as with the names of many animals, such as deer and fish, which are also invariant); however, this usage can sometimes be considered stilted when a group of more than one moose are considered individually, in which case avoidance of the plural may be the best option, necessitating the employment of a circumlocution.

hi jg and tom !!!

great info !! sometimes i can be confused about putting an '' s '' or not !!

in french ,its 1 orignal and 2 orignaux....but in quebecois ....always orignal .....no plural..1 orignal and 2 orignal

went to help my friend jean this afternoon at the lake.

saw 6 deer and 5 moose....not bad..great day ...warm !!!..65 miles !!

for those concerned....the 2 pics with field and barn...where the ex operator live.....you went to the right to go on trail for lake..

from where i took pic..lake is about 3 miles max in straight line behind me !!i think you can see the lake on pic 17 ...on the left ...

jean-guy

Atv time!

hi artsled !!

time to ride before i start working !!

then ,it ll be only on week ends !!

great day !! very warm !!

still too much snow to ride everywhere !!

8 deer...4 moose-1 beaver...1 partridge...1 porcupine and i rabbit !!

110 miles...no traffic...was alone all the time !!!

Dear Jean-Guy!!

I had to make a coffee and catch up this morning. I have been 'off' and wandering around like I do when the snow melts. I just have to keep busy and stay positive. My favourite people all melt away when spring hits. I have been out 4 wheeling too! I have seen moose and deer tracks...but no beaver lol.

Great pictures as usual and wonderful reports!

Love the Castor!!

Linda

Nice Pics Jean-Guy ! Eddie with the last of the Snow. Lol

Eddie!! I miss you!!

hi linda + john + eddie !!

well linda ....for sure it must be sad time for you !!

hope my pics are bringing you great memories at the camp 4 wheeling and sledding !!

water level is low compared to yesteryear at the camp right now !!

pic with 2 deer ,very unusual to see deer in that area !!about 6 miles before camp, 3 before bridge !!

john and eddie...we had about that much snow left in my street last week....thx for pic !!

on the other post...beside beaver pics....we ve been on most of the pics !!

on this thread...pic 2 ...we stopped there...just next to bridge !!

linda....you ll recognize the treestand where we stop for phone calls !!

pic 2 ....on the other post...we 've been there with nine-2-nine and other guys from maritimes....looking toward ste marguerite..

great day again...no riding today !!

Hi Mario!!

Great shot, I know that place too!! Been there all 4 seasons now.

Have a great summer! Hope to do a bigger ride with you guys next year!

Linda

post-875-0-71130700-1367411080_thumb.jpg

post-875-0-52307000-1367411088_thumb.jpg

post-875-0-59762600-1367411100_thumb.jpg

hi mcstar !!

big thx for pic !!

here 's one of the same place back in 1922...looking the other way !!

on linda's first pic..as far as you can see.....back in 78 i think...my dad went to rescue 3 guys there...on the river..

rained for a few days...back then ,lumberjacks were using timberjack to cross river...when they came back at the end of the day...stalled the motor while crossing because river was way too high..

they spent 8-9 hrs on the hood waiting to be rescued..

my dad had a 26 ' canoe for salmon fishing.....

hi to your wife and frank !!!

jean-guy

hi all !!!

sorry if im late to post ..i ve been caught in a traffic jam !!...ahhahahhaha !!!

115 miles today ...6 moose...2 parthridge and 1 rabbit !!

great day !!!

jg posted a pix a few days ago I believe It has14000 km on the odo...It's a Honda it will run forever...

thats more than any of your sleds will ever see... ha ha ha !!!