Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Good to see you made it to the camp. Looks like there are a couple moose around. Great selfie!

hi smclelan !!

thx !!! very happy !!!

looks like there s a few moose around camp according to tracks i saw !!!

surprising the brook at camp.....water should be up to the black spruce !!!

blue sky day here...might go back for a ride this afternoon !!!

that brown camp ...limit of z e c and park matane !!!...north of my camp !!!

jean-guy

Good to see you made it to the camp. Looks like there are a couple moose around. Great selfie!

I'm so glad he took the "selfie", so that we were sure it was indeed Groomer taking the pics. :rofl:

timbo

I'm so glad he took the "selfie", so that we were sure it was indeed Groomer taking the pics. :rofl:

timbo

bonjour timbo !!!

hhahaha...nothing to worry about !!!

i always ride alone,so , im the only one taking pics !!!

115 miles yesterday ....went about 4 miles on the other side of st fidele cb ...

15 moose...2 deer...rabbits + partridges

then ...went up toward my camp using logging road ....made it...but road still soft or frozen at many places

jean-guy

few extra pics from yesterday !!!

very seldom i see a deer near camp......must be very lucky !!!

pic 8...at the closest ...mile 16 on logging road... i was at the 14 ....and far away ...thats the 28 miles....

if you look closely ...can see mount albert !!!

at the 16 on top of hill ...left side...where i found one of the dead moose last week !!!

jean-guy

What is killing the moose there in Quebec Groomer? Here they are saying maybe too many ticks could be the problem(?)

hi vt blu !!!

samething here....ticks...number one problem !!!

saw a show on tv last winter talking about ticks in new hampshire and pq....

woman from new hampshire....biologist i think ....and if memory still good...she said that nh lost 50% of moose population in the last 15 years...

can t confirm that ....a friend said that it was bad this year in the gaspesie !!!

last ride ,saw one at the 17 miles on logging road...not in the greatest shape...weak !!!

first 2 pics...cross point side...going down last hill before cb !!!

o c here last night !!!

jean-guy

I have heard that deer have a parasite that is called brainworm that doesn't affect them but is deadly to moose......so if there are a lot of deer and moose in an area it could be a problem.

I have heard that deer have a parasite that is called brainworm that doesn't affect them but is deadly to moose......so if there are a lot of deer and moose in an area it could be a problem.

hi nshm !!!

won t bet money...but i think i heard about that ...deer....for moose i ve seen a few while riding with strange '' attitude '' !!! they are completely ''lost '' !!!

back in the 80's ...moose came from main street and landed next to house of my dad....dog started to bark....moose made a u-turn and pedal to metal in the street and went to jump river a bit further !!!

pics from yesterday ......105 miles loop !!!

jean-guy

hi smclelan and phil !!!!

of course smclelan !!!..first time in that area this year...they fixed many roads....looks like they are going to do some work in the plantations !!!

took pics of skull at friend's camp !!! forgot to post a pic of camp...back in 94 ,march 14 th...we left that camp at 2 50 am ....took 13 hrs to go back in town....logging road is 4 miles away.....took 11 hrs to to the 16 miles !!!....bad snow storm !!!

on the other post ...pic 5 ....pic don t give justice.....steep and very long hill...close to a mile...lower i was getting ...deeper was snow and i was nt sure to make it climbing the other side of valley ....pic 7 !!

just cleaned the front end a bit and shook 4 w !!!

time to be quiet now....i ll start working slowly tomorrow....5 miles from clubhouse....west side !!!

boss came to visit friday !!!...next 2 weeks will be rough and tough !!!

finally a bit of rain...very dry in the woods !!!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Powersaw or spacing saw?

hi smclelan !!!

chainsaw !!!!(**&^%$##(*&^...hhahhaha...

looks like im going to spend summer with chainsaw in my hands !! albertville for now...then i ll move back to where i was last summer...just to give time to road to dry !!!

just back from lake...met a friend on my way back !!!

jean-guy

Still some snow in the hills eh JG!!

Looking from my end of the screen all fun'n games on the atv, I envy you JG but the chainsaw all summer naaaaa not so much fun. You need to start selling some pictures, get paid for what you love to do and not what you don't.

Hope to see you at the Summer Gathering, not too far from Causapscal.

JG

hi smclelan and jg !!!

i still enjoy the work in the woods....but forwarder is a great option !!!

jg...many friends told me that and few members here on qr to sell my pics...

don t know...not much population here and i don t think people will pay 50 or 100 or 150.$$ for a pic in a good size frame !!!

2 years ago i made a test asking friends how much they ll pay for a calendar.......not much ......

yaa...gathering not too far...no passport for me...and not much faith in my truck anymore !!!

should see a bit of snow next week end...there was still good patches at different places !!!

starting tomorrow...time to get in shape....DO NOT DISTURB ...after 7 pm ....hhahhahahhahaha !!!...i ll be on couch !!!

pics from last week ...took a walk along river ...then went up to falls..near st alexandre !!!

hi all !!!

few pics from week end !!!...bad weather for saturday ......snow clouds from 10 am to 1 pm...then rain !!! windy like crazy !!!

1 moose and black bear friday night ....and only 1 moose saturday night !!!

tons of rabbits !!!

• 3 weeks later...

JG a very small traffic jam in PA, you came to mind. This fawn can't be more than a couple days old it was tiny...

hi phil !!!

hahhaha...like that kind of traffic jam....for sure... very young !!!...great thx !!!

saw my first calf ( moose ) last friday at 8 01 pm...no luck for pics...mom did nt stop much ...when i realized she had a calf...they were a bit too far ..

worked the last 2.5 days in the rain...very cold monday...only 7 c...better yesterday and today mosquitos and black flies came back...

sorry ,only a few pics...im resting !!!

jean-guy

Ah resting, I thought maybe your camera died!!

You have been pretty stingy with pictures lately.

hi smclelan !!!

stingy ????...*&^%$...( hhahah )....hmmmm....there s a difference working with a blackberry and a chainsaw !!!...hhahha

another rainy day...lots...thunder etc...did nt have my camera...but great on my way up to albertville this morning...fog coming out of valleys..

might be tough to cross brook at camp tomorrow night to go for lake !!!

jean-guy