Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

I bet the spray is something to help control the Bud Worm outbreak.

On our was from St Irene to Moose Valley we met two men who were doing a Bud Worm study. We don't have them here, just Gypsy Moth...

When the other kiddies were drooling over Farrah posters in the 70's I had Roger DeCoster pinned up. Maybe the other kiddies were smarter?

Enjoy the new 4w!

hi playhard !!!

yaaa...decoster was very popular back then !!! reminds me , mikkola ,lackey and wolsink !!!

in 85 ,when i went to binghamton,ny...i took pics of broc glover....sent the pics to yamaha in california ....he replied to me during winter!!

i know, i have a great shot of wolsink leaning his bike in a corner from a magazine ...i ll try to find it !!!

now,since i started working ...don t ride as much...80 miles is a good weekend !!!

mikkola on the pic !!!

jean-guy

When the other kiddies were drooling over Farrah posters in the 70's I had Roger DeCoster pinned up. Maybe the other kiddies were smarter?

Enjoy the new 4w!

Okay you probably didn't have a Farrah poster but I bet you were still drooling...

Hi JG did you have many hours grooming this winter ???

tq 5... 10 hrs ...2x a week ...add 1 hr when i include local trail for ste florence...1x a week !!!

all local trails in the same day ...8 -10 hrs ...1x a week !!!

1 groomed 16 weeks last season !!!

if in a good mood...no coffee...no pics....no stops...can groom tq 5 in 8.5 ...9 hrs !!!

jean-guy

hi artsled and phil !!!

sorry for late reply ....last week has been tough with the heat and forgot to reply before going to camp !!!

nice wake up .....planes came to spray at my camp....but at 6 am and went to bed at 2 am...hhaha!!!

great to hear the sound of engines when they turn around !!!

3x along the brook and then behind camp toward the road....they were turning right over the road and i guess ,then toward ste marguerite !!!

they were coming every 6-7 mins...i was still in bed and could see them by the window...went to brook ...but too late ....they started spraying from behind camp ,then 1 mile up the road....too asleep to take 4w to go and take pics !!!

they left around 6 45 am ...wind started to blow!!!

what a surprise...went for a load of firewood yesterday morning ...did nt notice at all before....wooowww...tip of branches all red....very bad...

then last night ,before supper...went on the old road for camp ...about a mile....road is very narrow....look at the bud worms on the fender of my 4w.....i had some on my shirt too !!

very quiet with moose....see them just before darkness when colder !!!

33 c here today....

jean-guy

artsled...

yaaa...for bud worms....i ll try to take better pics next weekend !!!

pic .1 mile from camp !!!

wooowww phil....many 1 in a million chances pics in there...super nice !!! thx for sharing !!!

jg....that rabbit cost me more in carrots than redwood ...ahhaha...i gave him the bad opened.....self service !!!

tough at work ...the heat and humidity ....tons of black flies...mosquitoes and those 747 ...deer flies !!!

avoid albertville during summer ...ahahhaha

few t-storms today ...not enough to cool temps !!!

jean-guy

Wow!! There is a lot of Budworm damage starting to show up.

hi smclelan !!!

yaaa....big mess !!! my pics don t give justice to what i saw !!!

this one....from a friend....must be at the 16 miles.......4-5 miles off logging road !!!

as soon you go up a mountain and look far away ...just red...brown...rusty !!!

tons of deer flies...crazy !!!!

two ladies showed up in a brown bikini at lunch time !!! 200' in front of me !!!

jean-guy

That is terrible, it is going to change the look of some areas big time. Are they cutting wood hard in the infected areas?

for sure it ll change the scenery !!!

when i started working in the woods in 86 for my brother....dad ex wood lots...i was cutting trees that have been attacked by bud worms.

huge mess....trees were grey and mostly '' dead ''...rotten....80-85 % of trees were kaputt !!!

just too bad ,met one of the groomer operator in albertville at grocery yesterday...just can t tell if they started harvesting bad areas yet!!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh11.jpg

Need those bikini pics JG!!!:)

hi smclelan !!!

this one....from a friend....must be at the 16 miles.......4-5 miles off logging road !!!

two ladies showed up in a brown bikini at lunch time !!! 200' in front of me !!!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh11.jpg

Need those bikini pics JG!!! :)

hi smclelan !!!

jean-guy

very seldom i bring camera to work !!!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh11.jpg

Wow! Very bad bugs!

hi smclelan !!!

jean-guy

• 2 weeks later...

Seen this I'm Maine. Bug sprayer

hi artsled !!!

nice...old model helicopter !!!

before they were using the little airport 5 miles from here.....but i think they had problems taking off early morning...too foggy !!

quiet at the camp...2 moose last weekend , in the darkness !!!

jean-guy