Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

8 hours ago, NSHM said:

That sure looks better than mud!

hi nshm !!!

of course at this time of the year !!!

missed my friend by 1 hr around noon...so ,instead of volunteering ...i went walking along the river !!!

temps are mild...0 c this afternoon...

jean-guy

DSC_6657.jpg

DSC_6662.jpg

DSC_6676.jpg

DSC_6686.jpg

DSC_6690.jpg

DSC_6700.jpg

DSC_6711.jpg

DSC_6715.jpg

DSC_6717.jpg

DSC_6724.jpg

DSC_6732.jpg

DSC_6743.jpg

DSC_6754.jpg

DSC_6763.jpg

DSC_6772.jpg

DSC_6779.jpg

DSC_6781.jpg

DSC_6794.jpg

DSC_6801.jpg

DSC_6808.jpg

DSC_6824.jpg

DSC_6845.jpg

DSC_6850.jpg

DSC_6860.jpg

DSC_6883.jpg

DSC_6888.jpg

Edited by groomer

1 hour ago, Trailblazer said:

Nice shots of the river JG, no signs of ice yet I can see.

Did your area get a part of that snow storm that blew in over by Quebec, Chalevoix and Saguenauy yesterday?

hi jg !!!

thx...no ice at all...mild temps here since a few days !!!

yaa...we got part of the storm ....but not much ,it started around 9 am and by supper time, storm was kaputt !!!

6 '' max where i was this afternoon ...20 mins outside town !!!

pics from last tuesday ,same river...just a few miles higher !!!

-5c right now !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6588.jpg

DSC_6593.jpg

DSC_6596.jpg

DSC_6597.jpg

DSC_6600.jpg

DSC_6601.jpg

DSC_6602.jpg

DSC_6605.jpg

2 hours ago, smclelan said:

Looks like a little snow everyday heading your way for the next week Jean Guy . Keep us up to date on when you expect to do your first day on the groomer. 

hi steven !!!

no problem...honestly , i don t check the forecast not too often..i was saying that to a friend before supper...i check by the window ...faster !!! hhaha

no accumulations of snow since last storm...sunday morning ,went a bit lower than lake casault ...6-7 '' of snow !!!

well ,last saturday ,my volunteering ended in a bad way ...lost traction with my new boots...lost my balance and lost control a bit  of the chainsaw...blade landed on my right boot, scratched my boot and there a hole the size of a pencil ...aaahhh...i was all smile !!!

-14c tonight !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

WOW, fortunately for you and the rest of us you are OK....

Looking forward to your '17 grooming photos. : ) 

Paddy O 

10 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

WOW, fortunately for you and the rest of us you are OK....

Looking forward to your '17 grooming photos. : ) 

Paddy O 

hi paddy o !!

only my boot and wallet are hurt !!! when stuff like that happen ,not much time to react...happen very fast !!!

still grey sky here ....-13 c right now !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

59 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

I feel your pain JG, earlier this summer I had a chainsaw accident myself, nicked my knee and had to get a few stitches. Didn't feel a thing just a warm sensation running down my leg. 

image.jpg

Holy S**t JG.  Glad you are OK.  

hi jg and saguenay bill !!!

not  funny  a chainsaw wound , happy for you that you did nt feel anything!!!... in 86 or 87 ...at work ...i was feeling that my leg was cold....i lifted my pant on left side...surprise !!!

without knowing ,i hit my leg twice...side by side cuts ...mid way between knee and foot...where there s no meat ..1 cut was 3 '' long and the other one 4 ''!!  missed the bone by 1 mm or 2 !!! all the skin was shredded !!

left all my stuff in the clear cut and went home....90 mph with my toyota...pedal to the metal...manifolds were red !!!

stopped home ,put clean clothes and went to hospital...once there..i asked the nurse...do you a special for a chainsaw wound...she said.. go directly to the emergency ...

still cloudy ...-9c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

Thanks for your concern Bill, all went well. Nurses couldn't believe how clean the cut was.

You're a tough guy JG and a gentleman too, drive home and change before going to the CLSC! I wasn't that tough! Hot'n sweaty with wood chip stuck to me and a ripped t-shirt as a tourniquet, direct a la CLSC, they took one look and said "Tirage tout suite."

On another note, just put the atv in storage, now it's time to pull out the sled. Trails will be open in 2 WEEKS I predict. Lol.

A la prochain chican 

JG

Edited by Trailblazer

13 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Thanks for your concern Bill, all went well. Nurses couldn't believe how clean the cut was.

You're a tough guy JG and a gentleman too, drive home and change before going to the CLSC! I wasn't that tough! Hot'n sweaty with wood chip stuck to me and a ripped t-shirt as a tourniquet, direct a la CLSC, they took one look and said "Tirage tout suite."

On another note, just put the atv in storage, now it's time to pull out the sled. Trails will be open in 2 WEEKS I predict. Lol.

A la prochain chican 

JG

the thing that hurt the most ....when nurse froze the wound.....she was using kind of a plastic brush to clean debris in the wound....she did nt wait long enough for the wound to freeze ...i could feel the brush directly on the bone i guess....just like she had a buffer !!! i was sitting on a bed ,so i could see everything '' live '' !!!

samething for me ,i guess my 4w season is over...a bit too much snow...slow me down too much !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

1 hour ago, Phil 1 said:

Almost "Sports car" time... :yahoo:

hi phil !!!

hahha !!!

getting closer !!! snowing lightly time to time.....-6c !!!

before posting i checked a few dates when i started grooming !!!

08...........dec 17 th ....first run on tq 5 !!!

07...........dec 2 th...brought machine back in town from albertville !!!

09...........dec 6 th....spent weekend at my camp riding my 4w...about 4''--6 '' of snow !!!

09...........started grooming dec 12 th !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

The last picture or two look like Routhierville from the red bridge???

hi smclelan !!!

right on !!! i went a bit lower....glen emma ...then assemetquagan river...walked almost a mile along river !!!

2 other pics...at the 17 miles on logging road...looking both ways...about 8 '' at the 18 !!! yesterday morning !!!

still snowing lightly...about 2 '' since this morning !!!....-12c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_7212.jpg

DSC_6969.jpg

DSC_6971.jpg

1 hour ago, Phil 1 said:

Beginning to look a lot like winter. How long before you fire up the sports car???

hi phil !!!

hahha !!!

should be very soon !!! about 12-13-14 '' of snow but not everywhere...on my way to '' school bus '' this morning ...one field still low ...need lots of snow to fill 2 deep ditch !!

i waiting ...im ready ...hope to have a phone call before weekend...saw president at clubhouse yesterday ...told me that cross point trails were groomed...can t find info about it !!!

new slides ,sprockets are fixed on my sport car ....i ll be faster in some corners...even if he puts his knee down ...'' king kenny '' will stay behind in  my snow dust !!!:spiteful:

pics..an  hr  ago !!!

jean-guy

DSC_7268.jpg

DSC_7272.jpg

DSC_7275.jpg

DSC_7276.jpg

DSC_7280.jpg

DSC_7285.jpg

DSC_7291.jpg

DSC_7294.jpg

DSC_7297.jpg

DSC_7299.jpg

DSC_7307.jpg

DSC_7312.jpg

DSC_7319.jpg

49 minutes ago, groomer said:

i ll be faster in some corners...even if he puts his knee down ...'' king kenny '' will stay behind in  my snow dust !!!:spiteful:

No doubt.

I'm getting very anxious to get out on the trail, especially the Gaspésie...

Nice photos with the sun playing tricks.

1 hour ago, Phil 1 said:

No doubt.

I'm getting very anxious to get out on the trail, especially the Gaspésie...

Nice photos with the sun playing tricks.

just too bad ,i was a few mins too late...colors were losing '' strenght ''...on the road for albertville !!!

always forget to mention ,many of you met him....bernard ,the cook ,won t work anymore at the clubhouse...just before the end of season ,back in march ,he had health problem.

young lady will be the cook now !!! she was helping him time to time  !!!

jean-guy

25 02 13 016.jpg

25 02 13 021.jpg

23 02 13 069.jpg

23 02 13 062.jpg

Bernard was a great guy, I will miss him. You could order whatever you wanted there for breakfast and he brought out what ever he wanted to cook. LOL

He worked and provided a great meal when the QR Gathering was held there   He was kept busy lugging wine to our table that night  

Be sure and tell him he will be missed if you see him Jean Guy. 

3 hours ago, smclelan said:

Bernard was a great guy, I will miss him. You could order whatever you wanted there for breakfast and he brought out what ever he wanted to cook. LOL

He worked and provided a great meal when the QR Gathering was held there   He was kept busy lugging wine to our table that night  

Be sure and tell him he will be missed if you see him Jean Guy. 

hi steven !!!

hhhaaa

i won t forget to tell him if i have the chance to meet him !!!

he s been honored / rewarded for his volunteering by an organisation in the valley back in october !!

very early at clubhouse...5-6 am ....and generous !!

for sure it ll be different not to see him there !!!

jean-guy

07 03 14 030.jpg

07 03 14 103.jpg