Barage Gouin?

doo4adoo

Cant seem to find it on the map and was planning on running up this weekend. I understand it's supposed to be near or north of Parent. 

Can anyone chime in as to where i willl find the trail to this and which map it might be on  

Thanks 

Mike

We are there now.

red dot is Parent 

green is Barrage Gouin

83 East and you will see trail to Gouin on Left 45 km up to Barrage Gouin from 83

map shows two trails up to Gouin. I believe only Eastern spur is open. Like shown on my map hereIMG_1133.PNG

14 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

Walleye for dinner?

Not for us. It was available. I'm not a fan. I come for the chicken wings. Very easy to please.

say hi to the Mrs. I was reminiscing in my helmet as i arrived here about being here with you guys when we finally met you in person. Years back.

Iceman    Question. Do they have a web site or could you relay a phone number for me. I am making plans for next week riding out of mont Lauier

with a new NY rider for  a out and back trip. I think going to a out post camp will either scare him from ever going to Quebec again or he will be hooked 

for the rest of his life. I think it will be the later of the two chooses. Thanks

3 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Nice ride! Tell them Mark and Randy from Vermont say hello, we will be there soon enough.  We plan to get our wings this Saturday night at Windigo!

I most certainly will. 

23 minutes ago, iceman said:

Not for us. It was available. I'm not a fan. I come for the chicken wings. Very easy to please.

say hi to the Mrs. I was reminiscing in my helmet as i arrived here about being here with you guys when we finally met you in person. Years back.

That was nice meeting you guys there. Then a week later in Val d'Or with a different group.

Mrs. GT say's hi.

Go Team Iceman.

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

An awesome place to stay, Iceman, how is the reservoir looking, that's a fun run across that to the Poirevoire Martin

Enjoy RR

I asked about Ice was told is safe bit is some water spots here and there they said. I'll leave that for you guys, have at it. 

4 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

That trail across the reservoir is a fast run to west if your heading to balbuzzard and onto Val d or from Gouin. Gas at PV Martin is nice too!  But you do want ice not slob lol!  Have a great ride Ice

20170112_082154.jpg

Thanks RR, headed east toward Wemo. 

Edited by iceman

Trail from Martins changed last year, she had to move it due to the tree damage and ice on her side trail out to Clova.

You have 50 miles from Barrage Gouin to Obdejiwan for gas if needed.

33 miles to Martins.

And what used to be 29 miles to Clova is now 43 miles.

Still all super fun.

Capture.JPG

Edited by markusvt

6 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Trail form Martins changed last year, she had to move it due to the tree damage and ice on her side trail out to Clova.

33 miles to Martins.

Still all super fun.

Capture.JPG

Any idea if this staked & marked?
I would consider running a loop instead of an up & down run this weekend.

Thanks

Mike

6 minutes ago, doo4adoo said:

Any idea if this staked & marked?
I would consider running a loop instead of an up & down run this weekend.

Thanks

Mike

I do not believe it is at all you need the GPS tracks at this point in the year. Has not been much traffic yet up here either so no tracks to follow from other sleds.

Edited by iceman

Ask Line at Martins if heading from that way on safety, and Jonny on the Barrage Gouin if entering from that way.  STAY ON the GPS tracks, the reservoir is not the place for too much exploring, places on it never freeze all year.  Tracks attached.

2016 to Pourvoirie Martin.gpx

2014 Gouin.gpx

48 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Trail from Martins changed last year, she had to move it due to the tree damage and ice on her side trail out to Clova.

33 miles to Martins.

Still all super fun.

Capture.JPG

Mark US ,We did this loop on Feb 7 last year, it must have been the revised trail out of Martin to Clova,  Still a great run, Gouin, Martins, Clova, Parent and back for Happy hour at Gouin was a fun 237 miles of "on and Off" trail riding.

20170112_090446.jpg

Edited by RoadRunner

8 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Iceman,

Was the 83 open heading west to Clova etc...?

Ride safe !

It's open just got a sh*t ton of snow tires on it. Once groomed out by this weekend probably it will be heavenly.

11 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

Snow tires on it??       Thanks 

Whoops i did not see that. No there was no Snow Tires, sorry my bad. But no shortage of snow a damn plethora of it. Beaucoup Neige. Incroyable.