Shawinigan

Renegade700

27 minutes ago, Renegade700 said:

Has anybody any experience staying at the Comfort inn Shawinigan?Looking to ride somewhere different for a couple days . Thanks in advance. 

No can not say I have any experience with Comfort Inn. If I were you I would go to Auberge Drakkar, advertiser on this site and better hosts you will not find in Shawingan..

http://www.aubergemoteldrakkar.com/en/

I stayed there a few years back. No issues and trail close by. I would have stayed at Drakkar as I used to go when Bernard was there. Haven't been there since reopened but they are likely more sled friendly and helpful being a family operation. Support the forums and small business!

1 hour ago, Renegade700 said:

We were planning on stopping by Le Trou du Diable.Thats kind of why I was looking at the Comfort Inn.

I don't usually ride that area but the time I was there The Comfort Inn had the nicest bed I've ever slept in!!!

50 minutes ago, Bluegrass said:

Where is this place on the map.what was the old name I am also looking for a place two stay other than the governor 

Was the old Motel Safari 

is the green pin here....

IMG_1206.thumb.PNG.5aa7ff71108cd164b9dce2fb48c7d30d.PNG

Haven't been back yet but having a continental breakfast on site is a great idea.  Of course Bernard would load you up in his smoke chamber er' mini van and shuttle you over to the breakfast place and translate with the serveuse if needed.

Drakkar is hot breakfast every day. Not the Fairmont buffet, but totally what you want & need. With full doses of sled-friendly hospitality. Unhitch your rigs & drive to the Devil's Hole, or taxi if you're having the 9%'ers!