Long-Awaited Season Opener 2022!

Florida Snowman

8 hours ago, chuck427 said:

Hi,

Our group is one day behind you. Great reporting. We had a day of moguls coming thru Auberge 31 on the way to the Delta. Big warm up around here for sure. 
Tomorrow the plan was to run counter clockwise around St Jean and stay in Roberval. Any suggestions on the loop and what club trails were good? 
The 50 miles of big bumps from today remind me too much of Maine. Lol

Thank you & safe travels. 
Chuck

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_02/A1048AEC-1C75-4BEB-95E5-21DBD7121B14.thumb.jpeg.bb2f8f1aa8948c72dc3521802932544c.jpeg

Take the 373 

Sweet run

74EDBFFE-476A-48FD-B0E3-E1A0FE949E1B.png

Day 9: Friday Feb 11

Woke up to 5°F and light flurries. Today was a change of plans day. Jim was having problems with his sled intermittently yesterday at higher RPMs as it was surging. Jim & Rob thought it might be a defective fuel pump. We decided it was prudent to head down to Chambord this morning to have it checked out by a Yamaha mechanic. Last nights dinner and today’s breakfast was outstanding! They completely renovated the entire dining room and hired two new chefs. I always liked this stop and it is now better than ever. I know Gary (Scorpionbowl) misses the Chinese buffet dinners here! LOL 

After breakfast we saddled up the sleds and pulled out at 8:30 AM. Trails are hard packed, smooth and fast. Just like I like them! Got to the Yamaha dealer  around 10:30 AM and they pulled Jim’s sled into the shop within 10 minutes! The mechanic thought that it might be water in one of the pressure tubes for the turbo system. He said he had seen it before. And that is exactly what the problem was. There was water in the line that would freeze up and affect the pressure between the relays for the turbo. 90 minutes later we were out of there and decided to take the lake trail shortcut back to the Roberval ice village. After spending a while at the village we continued back north and went to Relais Buttes for a nice lunch. Definitely one of the better relais in all of Quebec. After lunch we cruised around and got gas in La Dore. Got back to Hotel Du Jardin at 4 PM. 

146 miles

just AWESOME !!! Glad you had a great riding day, a quick (cheap) fix at the dealer and most of all GREAT FOOD !!!!

Are those little bldgs on the water called "stabin cabins" ??

Edited by snowmaster2112