ICEMAN & PLAYHARD Mid-Season Gentlemen-of-Leisure Tour

PLAYHARD

12 hours ago, NSHM said:

Oh, up there they have the Easter Squirrel, and nice mohawk your sporting!  Or is that something in the background?

Being an ADHD survivor/thriver, people who know me yell SQUIRREL to get me back on point (from some cartoon movie?)

Those same folks can confirm that my CBGB days are far behind me. Speaking of behind me, that's a frickin funny photo-bomb!

1 hour ago, towing said:

rushing to close this damn week...So as now, I am on vacation! it's my turn to enjoy the white gold and I am taking black trail tomorrow to Mont-Joli for a week sledding in Gaspesia!

happy trail!

Oh yes!  Now there's some fine inspiration to get some work done, or at least appear done!

1 hour ago, towing said:

You guys were really just in my backyard! Trailside meeting would have been really great

Better planning next time!

1 hour ago, towing said:

...enjoy seeing you guys having fun in my neck of the woods, thanks for taking us with you along with the pics and writing(love your pics PLAYHARD!)

Thanks for the thanks!  That's YUGE coming rom the Jedi of trail reporting!

After our blue-sky all-groomed Day-4, we welcomed today's light snow "for effect". Just wish somehow it didn't pile up at home.

Visibility was still decent. And knowing the 360 over Mastigouche pretty well, in all kinds of conditions, didn't hurt.

Also as expected the Friday traffic was mostly westbound, and as hoped for was mostly well-behaved. 

Been playing with the footnotes feature here to better ID certain pics: https://www.relive.cc/view/vYvEABW8Zwv

#SpaLife Auberge Drakkar Style!  Sorry, I couldn't take pics outside with the fire pits around the hot tubs.  Nancy and Reggie and Pascal really did an amazing job setting up this amazing space. It just works.

But there was a young family out back, and the little kids were a bit freaked out. Something about an old dude with a robe looking like some kinda monk clansman being anywhere nearby.

20220225_185136.jpg

8 hours ago, towing said:

You guys were really just in my backyard! Trailside meeting would have been really great but I unfortunately was at work on job, rushing to close this damn week. I had enjoy seeing you guys having fun in my neck of the woods, thanks for taking us with you along with the pics and writing(love your pics PLAYHARD!)

So as now, I am on vacation! it's my turn to enjoy the white gold and I am taking black trail tomorrow to Mont-Joli for a week sledding in Gaspesia!

happy trail!

I can’t wait to see your reports and pics of the Gaspe Alain. 

I can already envision the beautiful pics and videos 

Sunday 2/27

These gentlemen are at it again. After the down day to regroup back at HQ. We decided to take it to the Lac. LSJ it is. We really wanted to get up North. With the go around last week it just had to be. Playhard arrived at 8am. His sled was resting in my barn. We bagged them sleds up, Sent the tracking links and sent em out the driveway before 8:30 am.  I know what your thinking, 8:30 is far from a leisurely departure by comparison with last week.

Don’t get used to it. 

It was Sunday and while we understood full well that with our earlier start we stood a chance of getting up to Lac Edouard at a decent hour and being well on our way. We realized we would be faced with everyone who stayed in La Tuque last night now heading down for the end to their weekend rides. Dodging bullets. 

TQ3 from home beautiful freshly surfaced. I love the combination of diesel powered hydraulics along with a skilled operator. Grooming is good. It’s early but it’s the time to get it. Peeled off 3 onto local to sectaur St Goerge. Just before river in Grand Mere grabbed the gas. 

Onto the River. I for one have never been a big fan of this run up to St Roc de Mekinac on the river. I get it, its gets you there. For me to have come down it Friday and go back up it Monday tells you something. It’s in surprisingly great shape not whooped out at all. That said it’s mindless following sticks but the KM are free. 

Off the river and oh the memories of great times at Auberge Mekinac one of these days gonna just stop and knock on the door. 

Local up to 360 is big and fast. Nice conditions here. We run up to join 360 take a break and two sleds behind us come up. Damn I hate following anyone. Well its ok they are headed toward Mattawin. C-ya.

Up to 360/355 the 360 was nice, a bit cream cheesy  but i will take it. 355 from jct with 360. I have seen much worse but was the worst section of trail all day. The trail all the way to to jct with 351 was rough. Used and abused. At the warming hut can see groomer came down from La Tuque and turned here to go back up. Love that hydraulic machinery. Traffic light so far but as we cruise on up toward the train trestle, business is picking up. All well behaved so far. At trestle 2 big groups. All stopped and southbound. 

We move on it’s a gray day with sun peeking out slightly followed by big snow squalls then repeat. Not cold. Got jacket vents zipped open. 

More and more southbounders but we knew it was to be. This part of 355 is in great shape. To the LT1 and its stellar as well. Only 2 sleds headed down from this side as we arrive at TQ73. Its flat but roto tilled like loose sugar with a soft shoulder. 

Very nice all the way back to 355 and beautiful run staying on the trail and not taking the Lake to the Co-Op for gas and Candybars. 

Lots of locals gassing up two big groups. We take a small break then hit it. We continue past post office and take the shortcut (not groomed) up to rejoin 355. 

Beautiful ride all the way to Lac Bouchette. We pass on this gas stop and zero in on the target, Roberval. I am shocked how well this whole trail has held up for a Sunday. Great ride all the way from Auberge Eva right to the door at Roberval. Some drifts in a few fields near hotel. That’s life up here. 

BTW front door is now temporarily the back door at Chateau Roberval as they are renovating the lobby and pool/hot tub area. Bistro pub is closed for renovations as well but restaurant is open. 

Spectacular day. 

Lots and Lots of snow up here. It’s deep.

Also on a side note. Today my mother is 87 years old. Happy Birthday Mom.

Born on 2/27

so maybe it’s coincidence maybe not. David and I check into hotel just after hanging up from singing happy birthday to Mom and front desk hands me my room card. Room #?  ......227