Joliette/Grand-Mère #3 and #23 trails 11-2-2012

towing

Yesterday( Saturday) cloudy -15C, Krikri, Snowcruiser and I started our ride from home near Joliette. We wanted to ride the south trails of our regions a bit so we tried this itinerary:

plan-2.jpg

The fields trails were all freshly groomed and with the cold night were also really hard and fast.

DSC01286.jpg

Light pressure on the throttle produced indecent speeds and it is the cold that moderated somewhat our ardor. Trails were 10/10

DSC01287.jpg

The #3 trail in Mastinongé/Louiseville area have slightly less snow with a little sand mixed with snow just in a few curves but still very good overall. We passed by St- Paulin on Trail # 63, by the legendary Cabane à Gerry

DSC01291.jpg

And here, the famous Magnan Falls near Charette

DSC01300.jpg

DSC01304.jpg

DSC01305.jpg

We then continued to St-Etienne des Gres ...

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01323.jpg

To cross the St-Maurice River near Gabelle Dam

DSC01326.jpg

And we continued onto the #3

DSC01333.jpg

DSC01334.jpg

And bifurcated on the M3 to our dinner destination: the Pizzeria du Lac

DSC01337.jpg

After a good meal and refueling, we left to cross the St-Maurice in Grand-Mère

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01346.jpg

We then traveled up west on # 23 trail. Here the ski center in St-Mathieu

DSC01357.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

And the legendary Cabane à Hill

DSC01362.jpg

We continued on the #23

DSC01368.jpg

DSC01366.jpg

Edited by towing

Mastigouche Wildlife Reserve

DSC01388.jpg

and went down south to #350 and Koubec

DSC01397.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

We took then trail #345 to Mandeville and joined St-Gabriel de Brandon passing over Maskinongé Lake

DSC01427.jpg

and rode to our starting point via #63 and #3 trails

DSC01431.jpg

for a total of the 212 miles on the dreammeter

In summary it is very simple: great snow conditions throughout. It is in the best of the season and trails are great everywhere you will go... is the time to enjoy it!

:drinks:

Alain

Nice pictures as usual. We have not been able to ride south the last couple of years due to poor snow condition while I was there. But I have been to a few of the places in your pictures. Thanks for the good report.

Edited by 600IQHO

Thanks again Alain, heading up in the AM for 3 1/2 days at Real Masse', everything looks good ! I have a first timer with Me, looks like He's going to get spoiled on His first trip to Quebec.

The legendary Chez Hill, our first years led us that way, old Bernard, rest his soul, showed us that place. How was Mastigouche? I brought Shannon through there last fall, we liked the area but I have not been back to Shawinigan in a few years, Sweet baby St Ray seems to be a more likely starting place for us. If I recall correctly somewhere near the Mastigouche there is a place that has a mini stadium carved out of stone with a cool entrance, have any idea what I mean?

As per usual great pics, I am partial to the ones just before dusk, they are camera friendly.

Thank you very much for the good words guys :good:

I'm with you on this forum since 2009 and this season is the best one as for ride/trips report. Not only there are many but also the quality of them, some with detailed route some with many pics some others with the story of an incident or adventure and many with a mix of all that... I raise my hat to you QCriders for sharing :good: you can search on the net but you won't find any other snowmobile forums with so much quality report, even on the french side. I not always write comments but had enjoy reading all of them :)

The legendary Chez Hill, our first years led us that way, old Bernard, rest his soul, showed us that place. How was Mastigouche? I brought Shannon through there last fall, we liked the area but I have not been back to Shawinigan in a few years, Sweet baby St Ray seems to be a more likely starting place for us. If I recall correctly somewhere near the Mastigouche there is a place that has a mini stadium carved out of stone with a cool entrance, have any idea what I mean?

As per usual great pics, I am partial to the ones just before dusk, they are camera friendly.

The #23 trail near Chez Hill was a bit narrow but west from the #349 junction and in the Mastigouche reserve was wide and crazy good.

PLAYHARD, you rock !!! you're spot on, with great pics :good:

:drinks:

Alain

Hello Pipemaster,How was it at Real Masse'? Are the trails holding up? Heading up Sunday. Thanks

Trails north were still good.We went to St Raymond overnight 23 to 73 and came back on Friday on 73 to 23 to 351 N to 355 South and had lunch in St Joe. Then 360 to damn down to Real"s and still good snow but was getting warm.