FCMQ says no to $$$

iceman

This is not sounding great.

From club de motoneige des plaines

To all our members,

In full transparency.....

Report on last night's regional meeting with the FCMQ.

No financial assistance for the entire Chaudière-Appalaches region.  Whether in infrastructure, resurfacer replacement, major repair etc.

⁉️ The FCMQ refused to provide financial assistance for a project worth close to $1 million.  Project for a bridge over a Trans-Québec (TQ75).... the American gateway.

The club in charge of this project had obtained $500,000 from the MTQ.

The FCMQ did not support the project in any way $.

The bridge will not be built this year if the club does not find the missing funding.

️ Project funding requests for some clubs have been lost ...

And yes! p e r d u e s !🤔

️ She asked us to think about closing trails to reduce expenses and sees this as an advantage...

Etc

To sum up, your money went to other regions of Quebec.... 💸💸💸

The Chaudières-Appalaches region is the second-largest in terms of sales of access rights, and it will get NO return in any form (requests for financial assistance).

👉🏼 Make your own observation....👈🏼

What will our findings be for 2023-2024? ....

We have the distinct impression that we will once again be ignored by your federation!

You'll understand that our opinion of this organization is very negative.

Some clubs in the region, including Club des Plaines, voiced their dissatisfaction at the meeting.

We wish you a wonderful 2023-2024 season, and rest assured that Club des Plaines will do everything in its power to provide you with the best possible trails ........with the funding we will find, which will not come from the FCMQ !!!!

Original text

À tous nos membres, 

En toute transparence…..
Bilan de la rencontre régionale avec la FCMQ qui a eu lieu hier soir.

Aucune aide financière pour toute la région de Chaudière-Appalaches.  Que ce soit en infrastructure, remplacement de surfaceuse, réparation majeur etc.

⁉️ La FCMQ a refusé de donner une aide financière pour un projet de près d'un million $ .  Projet pour un pont sur une Trans-Québec (TQ75)…. la porte d'entrée des américains.  
Le club en charge de ce projet avait pourtant obtenu 500 000 $ du MTQ.
La FCMQ n’a pas appuyé le projet d’aucune manière $.  
Le pont ne se fera pas cette année si ce club ne trouve pas le financement manquant. 

️ Des demandes de financement de projet pour certains clubs ont été perdues … 
Et oui !  p e r d u e s !🤔 

️ Elle nous a demandé de faire une réflexion de pouvoir fermer des sentiers pour diminuer les dépenses et y voit un avantage...

- Etc

Pour faire un résumé, votre argent à servi aux autres régions du Québec.... 💸💸💸

La région de Chaudières-Appalaches est la deuxième plus grosse région en vente de droits d'accès et elle n’obtiendra AUCUN retour sous toutes ses formes ( demandes d'aide financière) 

👉🏼 Faites votre propre constat....👈🏼

Que sera notre constat pour 2023-2024 ? …. 
Nous avons la nette impression que nous serons boudé encore une fois par votre fédération !

Vous comprendrez que notre opinion de cette organisation est très négative.
Certains clubs de la région, dont le Club des Plaines ont émis leur mécontentement lors de cette rencontre.

❄️ Nous vous souhaitons une magnifique saison 2023-2024 et soyez assurés que le Club des Plaines  mettra tous les moyens à notre disposition pour vous donner les meilleures sentiers possible ……..avec le financement que nous trouverons et qui ne proviendra pas de la FCMQ !!!!

WOW! Sad. Agreed, I do not see anything good in this post for those of us who may consider traversing the Chaudiere Appalaches region.

I'm planning 2 trips to the Manoir du Lac William in February.  Does this mean that if a groomer breaks down the area will not be groomed?  I would change my plans if this is the case.

Sounds to me like they are not getting funding for special projects. Bridges etc.

in my next life I will work with the FCMQ so I can understand all this better. 

for sure there is only so much money to go around for the FCMQ to decide who gets what. For what. 

8 hours ago, iceman said:

for sure there is only so much money to go around for the FCMQ to decide who gets what. For what. 

You are 100% right, you have shown pictures recently of  new bridges being built, Andyman showed pics of a new section of the TQ3 under construction, and there were pictures recently of a new groomer posted.   The FCMQ funds a lot of projects every year....but can not fund them all.

Its amazing how much money is spent on the trail system in Quebec to me. But my concern is the trails that are being or talking about being closed due to riders misuse of land owners property.  I believe the riders doing this are the younger generation who think the trail system will always be there. Just look at this year.  A section of 10 miles can cut off getting to the rest of your trip.

I do believe that a lot aren't aware of the possibility of more trails will be closed and they may be the cause. It just happened that last night I purchased our trail permits and I think seeing how easy it is to purchase the permit that why couldn't a addendum be added to the invoice of the purchase a letter letting people know of their misuse of trails and disrespect to landowners they may be the cause of closures of trails.

I think the letter should be blunt and be strong enough that people will think before they destroy the trails and disrespect the land owners. 

These our my thoughts and feel something must be done. 

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

Its amazing how much money is spent on the trail system in Quebec to me. But my concern is the trails that are being or talking about being closed due to riders misuse of land owners property.  I believe the riders doing this are the younger generation who think the trail system will always be there. Just look at this year.  A section of 10 miles can cut off getting to the rest of your trip.

I do believe that a lot aren't aware of the possibility of more trails will be closed and they may be the cause. It just happened that last night I purchased our trail permits and I think seeing how easy it is to purchase the permit that why couldn't a addendum be added to the invoice of the purchase a letter letting people know of their misuse of trails and disrespect to landowners they may be the cause of closures of trails.

I think the letter should be blunt and be strong enough that people will think before they destroy the trails and disrespect the land owners. 

These our my thoughts and feel something must be done. 

Ontario has the same issue. In lieu of a letter the OFSC chose to insert a video regarding off trail riding and trespassing on the permit purchasing website. You are forced to watch the video in its entirety before you are able to continue with your permit purchase. This years video was different than last years and focused on landowners talking about giving their permission for trails to be installed. its a well done video but I really believe that most of the culprits unfortunately don't give a damn and believe they are entitled to ride where they want.

5 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I really believe that most of the culprits unfortunately don't give a damn and believe they are entitled to ride where they want.

Sadly I believe you are spot on 

FCMQ did the video before trail pass purchase. Last year? Not sure exactly. That does nothing a video. 

needs to be consequences for actions. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/19/2023 at 9:35 AM, iceman said:

needs to be consequences for actions. 

Yup. Exactly. Just as for everything in life. Society seems to be moving in the opposite direction...Anyhow, it's just something else going against the sport we love.