83 Parent to Wemo

iceman

Update 

Hello snowmobilers. Here are the explanations for the closed section of the TQ-83 linking Parent and Wemotaci. We are currently working on the construction of a permanent bridge linking the 2 banks of the Descelle, 12 km from Parent. The work will be completed on 24 January. The resurfacers will be in operation as soon as the work is completed so that we can open as soon as possible. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We would have liked to have everything ready for the start of the season, but delays in obtaining permits and funding sometimes hold up the execution and planning of work of this magnitude. We'll be happy to keep you updated on the progress of the project as the days go by.

The information I have from Casey to Gouin or to Wemo is people have been through on sleds. Not sure if it has been groomed nor am condoning it. Would love to hear if anyone else has first hand reports. 

We are looking at running it next week pending any new information. 

Depends on how adventurous you want to get crossing the decelles river.  😇 if approaching from 83 westbound from Haltaparche.

Option 2 is via Lac Dandurand via Ti Rouge.  You would have to get some local intel at Kanawata in order to make sure it’s DOOable.

Option 3.  If there has been recent snow and you beat the plow, you could road ride from Casey west into town 

Kanawata supposed to groom to 83 past Casey I think tomorrow. They’re trying to get the Parent groomer to help with the 83 stretch between Weymo and Parent getting ready for the opening of the bridge.

You’re not getting across the bridge into Parent unless you can tread water, until it’s done.  We actually did go from Parent to Barrage Gouin because we are a bit adventurous, I really don’t think most people would want to try it. I would wait till the bridge is done. They say in a week, but I’ll let you decide😏

IMG_7871.jpeg

IMG_7873.jpeg

IMG_7874.jpeg

IMG_7875.jpeg

IMG_7876.jpeg

IMG_7877.jpeg

IMG_7878.jpeg

IMG_7879.jpeg

IMG_7884.jpeg

IMG_7882.jpeg