Team Iceman RDL

iceman

4 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

March will be the time to ride. Winters seems to start in late February! and run through late march

Love your thinking. I am all for it. We shall see. 

Alright, here I am!!! It was a much-needed get away as lots of my friends teachers are gone on sick leave and report cards to be done by Monday. I had to be in the nature for a bit. 

I don't know if we're lucky or what, but we got some great trails considering the kind of year that it is. Born and raised in Quebec all my life ... I have never seen it like that ever. Even I'm surpised. Never had to fully open my jacket in February... 😳

Love the new helmet, I get a better look when I cross the street, there is no air leaking through which will be great in colder temperature since my previous helmet had the air vents on my chin broken open. I also love the color/look  turquoise! It's also much lighter than my other one so I feel the difference after a couple of hours of riding. 

New radios are great too. My favorite? It's to hear other people talk when we're set in mesh... I like to spy and sometimes jump in the conversation!! ahahah like yesterday! I almost got free chips! 

Like lover said, was the first time passing people, i'm not the fastest but not the slowest either... I was getting bored behind them... I don't understand why they never let us pass them. When I see some people catching up to me I tell Don and we let them go by. I mean if you caught up, you should pass us, no? They had several occasions (road-crossing) and the leader of the pack never really looked back. Anyway, we got through, one of them got nervous a little. 

I thought I was back on an old trip in April in Matane at some spots like you can see on the pictures. BUt the rest was really good. I'm happy!!

It was the second time that I passed the bar of the 300 km in one day. Proud. Even though I was maybe too tired for that, and the boys never stop for lunch. 😒

First real riding in the pack with Snohorse cause I was the middle. I felt safe knowing he was behind me. 

I also got to lead most of today, calling out coming sleds, studying the turns on my own, basically reading the trails for myself, looking where  it goes and all. I also got to ride on my private groomed trail, you know, the one all the way on the right!! 👌 Best place to ride. Some turns were mushy so a little harder to deal with for me, but I managed. 

Even yesterday at the end of the day on the TQ5 coming to the hotel I still had my private trail even though hundreds of sleds had passed by.  Got to love it!  

To the next time, I truly believe we'll get more snow ... I mean it's QUebec here.
Otherwise I'll be shocked that that was the winter 2024. (But it would mean an early start of paddling season with a small spring flood. ) 🙂 

GOt to have more than one hobby. 

Til next time. 

IMG_2117.HEIC

Ice - thanks for the detailed write up and much thanks to Caro for lots of great pictures. You probably know I ride a lot in that area and have never seen it look like this in February. As you said, we can’t change it but hope for better days ahead!

Thanks for the write up an pics! Also interested in those helmets, my concern was if they were going to be warm enough for Quebec. Sounds like they will be? The good looked great and the bad is ugly.. I'd be pretty surprised if there wasn't lots of winter left up there.

33 minutes ago, P Hardy said:

Thanks for the write up an pics! Also interested in those helmets, my concern was if they were going to be warm enough for Quebec. Sounds like they will be? The good looked great and the bad is ugly.. I'd be pretty surprised if there wasn't lots of winter left up there.

I do not see extreme cold being an issue. Well built equipment. So far very happy. 

On 2/10/2024 at 7:44 PM, Mrs.Ice said:

I also got to ride on my private groomed trail, you know, the one all the way on the right!! 👌 Best place to ride...Even yesterday at the end of the day on the TQ5 coming to the hotel I still had my private trail even though hundreds of sleds had passed by.  Got to love it!  

Not just super-proud of your riding, but super-mega-proud that your English expression is better than most!

Words to live by.jpg