Sledding in October?

Andyman

Nice early season pic , is that your new cat ?

Well it is A new cat... I love them and hope they work well. I am headed that way if all goes well with them. I believe that is the retro paint job. way cool...

How did the Cat work? Ordered a retro turbo for myself this year. Been on a new Doo every year since 2004 so hope I like it!

The new Cat is not mine,it is one of my local sledding buddies. He only put 10 miles on it so much too early to make predictions but from all accounts he loves the power!

Andy

Edited by Andyman

Guys, I have to Tell You, This Snowing in October, not always the greatest, I've only just had the Power, Heat and Cable fixed from the Oct30/31 storm. So if anyone is keeping track, this makes A Tornado (Started in my backyard), An Earthquake (Just Felt it, No Damage), A Hurricane (That Sucked) and now a Freak Blizzard (No Heat, Power, Cable, etc...).

Later

GutZ

post-24-0-33280100-1320626302_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-26672200-1320626326_thumb.jpg

Say it Andy, I know you want to! You just wish it was your Cat!!

:rofl:

I would love to be able to ride that beast but something tells me there would not be much wind protection running down the rail line heading to Chibougamau!!!

Andy

Guys, I have to Tell You, This Snowing in October, not always the greatest, I've only just had the Power, Heat and Cable fixed from the Oct30/31 storm. So if anyone is keeping track, this makes A Tornado (Started in my backyard), An Earthquake (Just Felt it, No Damage), A Hurricane (That Sucked) and now a Freak Blizzard (No Heat, Power, Cable, etc...).

Later

GutZ

Gutz what a mess! Hopefully things will get back to a more normal weather pattern for this winter for your neck of the woods.So you can come out and play!

Andy

Later

GutZ

nice clean up to do !!

reminds me, back in 1990 ,winter started on nov 13 th !!3 days storm,3 ' of snow !!hundred an hundred of trees down near my camp.awesome winter to remember !!friends of mine went sledding in mid may ,faribault area-trail 595 .

pic from december 6 th ,there was already 4 ' of snow !!

groomer !!!

Now that looks crazy!! I do like the 4' of snow idea!! Sweet pictures!!

ha!!ha!! i like when winter start early and with tons of snow !!

reminds me ,back in march 94 ,the 14 th .crazy adventure!!!went to a friend's camp about 20 miles east of town.truck logging stopped on the friday afternoon .since early morning, they were announcing a big storm .

did nt care much about that.arrived at the camp and if i remember well ,storm began right after supper.we started palying cards and we were checking outside time to time for the storm.

i was worried a bit ,so i told my friend we should go before it s too late !!he said to me ,don t worry ,will go home tomorrow morning !!

so around around 2 30 am ,i told my friend time to go !!left the camp at 2 50 am .2 pick up trucks.we took 11 hrs to do 4 miles.just crazy !!we shoveled ,pushed ,pulled for 11 hrs in a row .we were almost dead.

once we ''landed '' on the truck logging road,we still had 16 miles to do .the first 8 miles were nt plowed .my truck was on the low range and pedal to the metal for 8 miles.arrived home at 4 pm.

i ll remember that one for a loooooooong time !!

groomer !!!

Wow!! Now that should be in a book with some pictures!! I love adventures like that so long as in the end everyone is safe and sound.

In Southwestern Ontario last December, you may have seen the news we had people stranded for nearly 30 hours on the highway 402? I was the girl on the news doing rescue with the OPP. I lent them 2 sleds and I was 'deputy' for two days. I can't describe how strange a time that was. Very scared. One death. So many people out there that left too late, didn't take the warnings seriously and had nothing with them. One man didn't have a coat! He was just in a business suit!! I will try to post a couple of my pictures.

Wow!! Now that should be in a book with some pictures!! I love adventures like that so long as in the end everyone is safe and sound.

In Southwestern Ontario last December, you may have seen the news we had people stranded for nearly 30 hours on the highway 402? I was the girl on the news doing rescue with the OPP. I lent them 2 sleds and I was 'deputy' for two days. I can't describe how strange a time that was. Very scared. One death. So many people out there that left too late, didn't take the warnings seriously and had nothing with them. One man didn't have a coat! He was just in a business suit!! I will try to post a couple of my pictures.

i think i have only one pic of that adventure !!once on the truck logging road ,i was pedal to the metal and my friend had his head outside the passenger window to tell where to go!!

snow was ''flying ', everywhere ,could nt see where i was going !!

remember seeing that storm about s-w ontario on the news !!we always learn something from those experiences !!

groomer !!!

Later

GutZ

Ouff!!! what a mess.. sometimes mother nature really freak out!!!

It's for sure hard to pass throught but if nobody is hurt it's the more important... those time made us appreciate when things get back to normal B)

Take care :drinks:

Alain