Cains Quest 2012

Andyman

It was a beautiful day and a great start to the race. However we had a serious meltdown over night and 7 teams have scratched to this point. Here is a pic of Bobler at the line.

Andy

post-14-0-17089100-1332103811_thumb.jpg

Good Stuff!! Our very own QuebecRider reporter right at the starting line.

Keep us updated. Anything left from the Res?? :drinks:

The res supply is very low!!! We had a very close call today on the black ice highway!!! Very similar to the time outside Hebertville when I tried to TBONE that truck!!!

Andy

Pic is Manic 5 at 5 am!!! Unbelievable!!!

post-14-0-47174500-1332117545_thumb.jpg

andy did you ride up on your sled

i couldent make it this year but if all gos as planed we will ride in from quebec next season

No I did not Eric however the info I have gained makes next year very attainable.

Andy

post-14-0-00066500-1332119245_thumb.jpg

The res supply is very low!!! We had a very close call today on the black ice highway!!! Very similar to the time outside Hebertville when I tried to TBONE that truck!!!

Andy

hi andy !!

woow !!great pic !!

almost a pro !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Andy

I am glad to hear you concored the 389 without mishap, visiting Manic 5 has always been on my bucket list, those series of dams have always been interesting to me, especially the #5, so much history there.

Keep us posted on the race

JG

It was a beautiful day and a great start to the race. However we had a serious meltdown over night and 7 teams have scratched to this point. Here is a pic of Bobler at the line.

Andy

post-14-0-17089100-1332103811_thumb.jpg

Third place so far from what i can gather.

http://cainsquest.com/team_times.htm

Andy

Hi Andy

Did you make the concert? Didn't hear back from you on that one. Hope you took it as joke?

Bill

Edited by Saguenay Bill

Andy

Just think about the children when you go through the Res on the way home!!

:drinks:

Thanks Andy...

I did a Manic 5 search and got quite an education. Now I know the story of the circular lake...Good stuff.

Snowmobiling is making me smarter... :drinks:

Thanks Andy...

I did a Manic 5 search and got quite an education. Now I know the story of the circular lake...Good stuff.

Snowmobiling is making me smarter... :drinks:

Except when your the furthest from your trucks and after 3 in the afternoon! :lol:

Hi Andy

Did you make the concert? Didn't hear back from you on that one. Hope you took it as joke?

Bill

Hi Bill

The concert isn't until next Saturday. You know I took it as a joke Bill! LOL

Andy

ps: Any thought on a 2012 summer party in Franconia?

pic is Team 22 the first team off the line.

post-14-0-48827000-1332205546_thumb.jpg

Hi Bill

The concert isn't until next Saturday. You know I took it as a joke Bill! LOL

Andy

ps: Any thought on a 2012 summer party in Franconia?

pic is Team 22 the first team off the line.

You betcha we'll have a Summer Gatherin thid year. 3rd weekend in July. I will also have a proposal for a Winter Garhering. Good for 22.

Edited by Saguenay Bill

Andy

A few summer photos. My wife and I went after the summer gathering July 2009.

Quebec709405.jpg

Quebec709414.jpg

Manic 2

Quebec709376.jpg

You betcha we'll have a Summer Gatherin thid year. 3rd weekend in July. I will also have a proposal for a Winter Garhering. Good for 22.

Sounds great Bill confirm the weekend of July 20-22nd.

Andy

Ps: Lisa says to tell you it was 10 years ago today she had her cancer surgery! 10 years and counting I am very proud of her she is a survivor just like you Bill!

Pic is downtown Lab City lots of snow!!!

post-14-0-12393000-1332272787_thumb.jpg

Ps: Lisa says to tell you it was 10 years ago today she had her cancer surgery! 10 years and counting I am very proud of her she is a survivor just like you Bill!

That's really super to hear guys keep on counting, some are not so fortunate.....there can never be enough research.

JG

Team 22 arriving in second place at Kuujjuaq, anyone know what the yellow highlighting means?

That's really super to hear guys keep on counting, some are not so fortunate.....there can never be enough research.

JG

Team 22 arriving in second place at Kuujjuaq, anyone know what the yellow highlighting means?

Hi JG

The yellow shading indicates the teams that won the cash for the 1 2 3 places at the selected checkpoints.

Andy

Labrador City, NL – It is day 4 of Cain’s Quest Snowmobile Endurance Race and 12 teams have checked in to Kuujjuaq (Checkpoint #11) for their 16 hour layover. It was a good day for most teams today with only 1 team scratching this morning at Wedge Hills (Checkpoint #10) Edward Watkins and Simeon Berthe from Kuujjuaq ran into some bad luck this morning with a blown motor and could not continue.

This year for the first time, Cain’s Quest has cash prizes on the mandatory checkpoints for the first three teams into those checkpoints. So far the teams that placed in the money include:

Goose Bay, Checkpoint #4 (Prize Purse – $3000)

1st – Team #22 (Gardner/Milley) at an unofficial time of 03:04 ($1800)

2nd – Team #44 (Jones/Lemieux) at an unofficial time of 03:06 ($900)

3rd – Team #25 (AuCoin/Girard) at an unofficial time of 03:21 ($300)

Nain, Checkpoint #9 (Prize Purse – $5000)

1st – Team #29 (Nui/Nui) at an unofficial time of 02:22 ($3000)

2nd – Team #25 (AuCoin/Girard) at an unofficial time of 02:28 ($1500)

3rd – Team # 22 (Gardner/Milley) at an unofficial time of 03:04 ($500)

Kuujjuaq, Checkpoint # 11 (Prize Purse – ($7000)

1st – Team # 25 (AuCoin/Girard) at an unofficial time of 12:16 ($4200)

2nd – Team #22 (Gardner/Milley) at an unofficial time of 12:29 ($2100)

3rd – Team # 31 (Lessard/Hall) at an unofficial time of 12:46 ($700)

All official times will be confirmed prior to March 24th Awards Ceremony.

Following the Cain’s Quest tracking system it was apparent that at various times Spot Units were not transmitting. After reviewing the tracking patterns and discussing questionable interruptions along the route, the Cain’s Quest Race Marshall has issued Teams 22 (Gardner/Milley) and 25 (AuCoin/Girard) a time penalty of 45 minutes each for breaches of rule 4.4 section 15 “Any attempts to disconnect these locators or obstruct the signal will result in a penalty or disqualification”.

For more information on Cain’s Quest or to track the race via satellite visit www.cainsquest.com

Sounds great Bill confirm the weekend of July 20-22nd.

Andy

Pic is downtown Lab City lots of snow!!!

Andy

That is great, 10 years, You should and are proud of her, it shows. I'll be 22 years in June. I'll post more on the Summer Gatherin in about a month but in the meantime guys can plan. Yes it is the weekend of July 20-22.

Bill

lot of bs going on this years cains quest ;)

me and val will be stoping in for the summer gathering for sure this year im taking the season off from watercross

Sweet guys see you in July!!!

Andy

Pic is one of the SOS phones on the TLH.

post-14-0-65958200-1332289637_thumb.jpg