New York City Still Standing

crazysnow

This is something that I am very proud of so i went an took this pic today a little tear came to my eye, today because my wife is still here with me i'm one of the lucky ones, she worked on the 85 floor of the towers and on that day she never made it too work.

Thanks too all my friends from QR

CrazySnow !!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is something that I am very proud of so i went an took this pic today a little tear came to my eye, today because my wife is still here with me i'm one of the lucky ones, she worked on the 85 floor of the towers and on that day she never made it too work.

Thanks too all my friends from QR

CrazySnow !!!!!

That is the new Freedom Tower going up in the background !!!

Hi John!

I am so happy that your wife didn't make it to work!! And great picture! Thanks for sharing !!

Linda

I visited ground zero in march of 2002, while travelling through out the city you could hear city noises cars, horns, sirens etc..but at the site you could hear a pin drop, absolutey eary. Glad they got the bastard.

JG

Thanks all. It's a day I'll never forget. I am very lucky !!!! Don't take anything for granted because you never know. I'm glad to see it going back up, they can't keep us down !!!!

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first & the lesson afterwards" Thanks for sharing CrazySnow. WOW . I also work in NYC & remember that day like it was yesterday. You are truly a lucky man to have you wife still by your side. We need to meet. I have a summer home in PA at Lake Wallenpaupack. Let's meet there this summer.

Tom

Hi Tom ,

That's so funny it's a small world out there. Once in a while I go to lake Wallenpapack with my boat ,there are a couple of another QR that go there as well. we'll Definitely make plans to meet up this summer :good: sounds great !!!!! maybe a mini Gathering lol !!!! On the Water :drinks:

Thanks John

Edited by crazysnow

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first & the lesson afterwards" Thanks for sharing CrazySnow. WOW . I also work in NYC & remember that day like it was yesterday. You are truly a lucky man to have you wife still by your side. We need to meet. I have a summer home in PA at Lake Wallenpaupack. Let's meet there this summer.

Tom

Small world, We have a house on the lake also for 33 years. We should do a mini QR gathering :drinks:

Gutz thank you so much for the reply. I will definitely keep everybody posted.

I should be doing a tour in a couple of weeks. I was offered a job as the assistant chief engineer of the tower I said no thanks

That job will consume your life and it's not always about the money. !!!! I Love my family and I alreadly work too much as it is. 32 hours O T this week already. Congrats on being a uncle.

John

God was looking after you and your wife that day. In Oct 2002 we went to Ground Zero. Parked in Staten Island, took ferry across and walked up. When we turned the corner off Broadway you could still smell the fire. It was very moving experience to be there that day, God bless the USA.

Bill

Edited by Saguenay Bill

Hey

Glad she is still with us.

Nice Pic, Keep them coming as they make progress with the Tower.

Don't make them too good, Groomer may get jealous!

Later

GutZ

hi gutz !!!

can t stop laughing !!!

always nice to look at the pics of other members !!different from mine !!

don t worry crazysnow ,you won t see me in nyc taking pics !!i ll get lost very quickly....rather be here in the woods...more familiar with it !!

ha!!ha!!ha!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Tom

John...Also glad your wife did not make work that day...

We also keep a boat on Wallenpaupack I'm in for a meeting on the water... :drinks:

Edited by Phil 1

X2 Bill God bless the USA !!!!

John...Also glad your wife did not make work that day... Thanks Phil

We also keep a boat on Wallenpaupack I'm in for a meeting on the water... :drinks:

How about we try and set something up in July ? Edited by crazysnow

Unreal what a small world it is!! I'm in for a summer gathering at LAKE WALLENPAUPACK. We've had a house on the lake for 24 years. Time flies! Lets get a group email going.

Im up there almost every weekend june thru august.

Tom Rohlman

tom@pinemanagement.com

917-217-1500 cell

I'm up for a day trip. Any ATV trails for a ride? I'm NY trail legal.

Someone told me a 'gathering' is not official without a ride. Luckily, it wasn't on this forum!

John, glad to hear your wife didn't make it to work that day.

I was planning on heading down with a friend to meet one of the engineers for channel 11 and get a tour of the transmitting equipment in the RF room of tower 1. Luckily, the trip was canceled the night before...

Edited by hparaptor

Glad your tour was canceled Hparaptor! I would like to ATV, but I think I am going to Quebec to ride.

What's up Guys maybe we can do these Dates July 6,7 or 8 I'm ok with any one or a different weekend.

This a vip party or open to crashers? I will be at my cabin those dates in western pa Driftwood. Daughters 12th bday is the 4th woulnt mind making a side trip

Glad your tour was canceled Hparaptor! I would like to ATV, but I think I am going to Quebec to ride.

Now dont show off. Safe trip young lady