Where am I?

Trailblazer

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure of the name of it, I think we drove down the driveway to look at it and left. Is that just outside La Tuque a few miles heading west?

You must be thinking of Odanak, nice try but is no where near La Tuque.

Trailblazer

That is Auberge Couleurs de France in Duhamel.

Where the trails are lined with Deer.

Spoken like a true veteran, you must've seen alot with 35k on that Yammy of yours.

Place is swamped with deer.

JG

Fabulous place to stay if anyone is in the neighborhood.

I get around. lol. For sure. Been there done that. It is a nice stay there and food was great.

10-4 on the food. It is truly exceptional. I also like the way the bedrooms on the second floor come out on the balcony that wraps around and looks down on the dining and fireplace area below. My wife's favorite spot in Quebec.

The trail from Lac des Plages to Duhammel must have more whitetail's per sq. klick than anywhere else I've seen in Quebec. Years ago (this is no shit), we were staying at Lac des Plages with the Schmidt family and I must have tweaked my tripple piped 650 Indy a little too much when I re-jetted that afternoon, and when we were out on the lake at the end of the day i cooked one. I called the poo dealer in Duhamel and he told me to bring it right over (it was 6:30 PM). We left right a way for Duhammel, my buddy towing me on a real long tow rope. (ok, maybee it was a tad too long). When we got into that big deer ravage in the thick conifers just outside of Duhammel, my towing buddy slowed down because there were a whole bunch of deer in, and right beside the trail. We must have been going 10 mph. A big deer that was standing right beside the trail waited till he passed then jumped right out on the trail and banged into the tow rope, then caressed off the bumper of my indy. I assume it was a buck, but that late in the season they had dropped their racks???) Obvioulsy I had no head light on and really did not have much opportunity to stop :nea: . I brushed a little deer hair off my suit when we pulled into the dealer. I can't remember that well but I may have had to shake out my trousers :acute: .

Not sure of the name of it, I think we drove down the driveway to look at it and left. Is that just outside La Tuque a few miles heading west?

The Odanak looks a lot like Colours de France from a distance Steven, but it is in nowhere near the the condition that the Colours is. You were not mistaken, it is (air miles) a few miles west of LaTuque. Years ago when it was just built, it was real popular and was often booked full (and it's a large facility). Huge tour groups used to stay there as well. Then something went very wrong.

The trail from there to La Tuque used to be groomed well and you could ride there after you crossed the Maurice at La Tuque in about 20 minutes on nice trail. From what a guy in the La Tuque club told me a few years ago, the owners got into a pissing match with the local club. Not only did they stop grooming entirely, but they later re-routed the trail so that it did not come anywhere near the Odanak. The Odanak was then taken over by the Cree and maitenance pretty well stopped and the place deteriorated badly. The last time I stayed there was 5 or 6 years ago. Richie (Chopper), Fluffy, Marko and I had just been busted by the man (actually it was a lady cop) from Surietee du Quebec. She took our picture for speeding along the fence at the LaTuque airport. Till she got finished writing us all up, it was a chineese jug screw, it was late afternoon. We had been planning on riding on to Pourvoirie Lac Blanc that nite but decided that we would stay in/near La Tuque as we were in dire need of cocktail lotion at that juncture. A guy at the gas station near the Canada Tire place told me that the Odanak was open but that the trail had not been groomed. It took us an hour from La Tuque to get there. I was breaking trail the whole way. When we got there we found two indian ladies and the gentleman who told us he was the new owner.

The menu selection was three items. We were the only "guests" in that whole place. The state of repair was bad. But it was a place to stay.

Since then I understand there are new owners. I noted on the Maurice trail map last year that the trail now passes directly by the Odanak again. Some guys we ran into in St-Michel des Saints last year told us the local club is grooming again. Maybe it's back on its feet. Sure would be nice cuz it could be a really nice place again.

I will take a stab at your 2 182ray

Water Picture..... Saint Simeon on TQ 3 near gas and Resto with motel next door.? On the way to or from Ferry?

Powerline picture.........Orange trail to/from Matagami and Amos connects with 396 at the top to Matagami?

Just guessing not 100% for sure.

Don't drink the Grape Juice so got no clue on that.

Edited by iceman

I will take a stab at your 2 182ray

Water Picture..... Saint Simeon on TQ 3 near gas and Resto with motel next door.? On the way to or from Ferry? Powerline picture.........Orange trail to/from Matagami and Amos connects with 396 at the top to Matagami?

Just guessing not 100% for sure.

Don't drink the Grape Juice so got no clue on that.

Yes

No

100 Lacs

Between Baie Comeau and Forest Ville

St Simoen on the TQ 3

No

No

YES!!!

Edited by 182ray

The Odanak looks a lot like Colours de France from a distance Steven, but it is in nowhere near the the condition that the Colours is. You were not mistaken, it is (air miles) a few miles west of LaTuque. Years ago when it was just built, it was real popular and was often booked full (and it's a large facility). Huge tour groups used to stay there as well. Then something went very wrong.

The trail from there to La Tuque used to be groomed well and you could ride there after you crossed the Maurice at La Tuque in about 20 minutes on nice trail. From what a guy in the La Tuque club told me a few years ago, the owners got into a pissing match with the local club. Not only did they stop grooming entirely, but they later re-routed the trail so that it did not come anywhere near the Odanak. The Odanak was then taken over by the Cree and maitenance pretty well stopped and the place deteriorated badly. The last time I stayed there was 5 or 6 years ago. Richie (Chopper), Fluffy, Marko and I had just been busted by the man (actually it was a lady cop) from Surietee du Quebec. She took our picture for speeding along the fence at the LaTuque airport. Till she got finished writing us all up, it was a chineese jug screw, it was late afternoon. We had been planning on riding on to Pourvoirie Lac Blanc that nite but decided that we would stay in/near La Tuque as we were in dire need of cocktail lotion at that juncture. A guy at the gas station near the Canada Tire place told me that the Odanak was open but that the trail had not been groomed. It took us an hour from La Tuque to get there. I was breaking trail the whole way. When we got there we found two indian ladies and the gentleman who told us he was the new owner.

The menu selection was three items. We were the only "guests" in that whole place. The state of repair was bad. But it was a place to stay.

Since then I understand there are new owners. I noted on the Maurice trail map last year that the trail now passes directly by the Odanak again. Some guys we ran into in St-Michel des Saints last year told us the local club is grooming again. Maybe it's back on its feet. Sure would be nice cuz it could be a really nice place again.

I guess that's a popular speed trap. We also got ticketed by the airport in la Tuque. They where hiding in the trees.