2012-13 Trail Changes

scorpionbowl

The new trail maps are coming in, and it's always interesting to see the trail changes for the new year. Two jump out so far, what else do you see?

1. TQ93 through Normandin and 373 over Lac a Jim have been swapped.

2. The Gaspe map has a Sentiers du circuit Chic-Chocs/Forillon thats doesn't make sense.

Hello,

What is a good source to get the latest trail maps for Quebec? I was not able to attend the snow shows to pick up the latest sets of maps. I am most interested in the Gaspe region. Thanks!

Jim

Jim,

I am at the Toronto show this weekend...pm me your mailing address and what you are looking for and i will mail them to you.

Linda

Hello,

What is a good source to get the latest trail maps for Quebec? I was not able to attend the snow shows to pick up the latest sets of maps. I am most interested in the Gaspe region. Thanks!

Jim

Buy your pass from Greg du Vermont soon .... His post says he has a limited supply of 2013 maps

The new trail maps are coming in, and it's always interesting to see the trail changes for the new year. Two jump out so far, what else do you see?

1. TQ93 through Normandin and 373 over Lac a Jim have been swapped.

2. The Gaspe map has a Sentiers du circuit Chic-Chocs/Forillon thats doesn't make sense.

Interesting changes in Lenaudiere in the St-Donat - St-Michelle des Saints area. Shows 33 both "in" and "out" of Tremblant Parc. Shows the Caribou Parc gate still open this year.

I have not been over in the St. Agathe - Labelle region since 2002. Curious if the railway trail was ever reopened? I used to stay at Allan Robertaille's hotel in St. Agathe and loved the rail trail. It was a great trail to get to long distance destinations. We used to like to stoop at all the former train stations and admire the pictures of the former railway operations. Thanks!

Jim

I have not been over in the St. Agathe - Labelle region since 2002. Curious if the railway trail was ever reopened? I used to stay at Allan Robertaille's hotel in St. Agathe and loved the rail trail. It was a great trail to get to long distance destinations. We used to like to stoop at all the former train stations and admire the pictures of the former railway operations. Thanks!

Jim

There is still a section closed north of St. Agathe, and they just finished a re route south of the area (43) which is much, much longer to get around and re join RR bed to Mont Laurier, This area has suffered since this trail was closed and Allan sold the hotel, the local club membership is down, very low. .

Interesting changes in Lenaudiere in the St-Donat - St-Michelle des Saints area. Shows 33 both "in" and "out" of Tremblant Parc. Shows the Caribou Parc gate still open this year.

Yes Timbo, I have been told that the Tremblant Park should still be open like last last season from gates Caribou near st-Donat,St-Michel and St-Côme near Coin Lavigne, but the bypass trail just east from the park shown dashed on the 2013 map should not be opened if the park is opened. I will comeback in a couple week with more details...

:drinks:

Alain

Edited by towing

• 1 month later...

Speaking of Faillon outfitter.....according to the map this place is no longer on TQ 83 path but off of it. Beside fueling up at Balbuzard Sauvage there is no other places between Clova and Senneterre.Also there is quite a detour now between Senneterre and lac faillon. 83 runs toward Matchi-manitou lake.

That sucks! Balbuzard is not always willing to give gas at least not a fill up and expect $2.00 a liter there. If I recall last year Peter had a detour marked on the 83 to get to him (Fallion) directly then back onto the 83 after another few miles?? Oh well seems every few years a different outfitter gets their turn...

I am confident it will be much like last year, with Lac Fallon. Going west 83 goes to the right a few miles before Lac Fallon. You continue straight to Fallon then from there you can still return to the 83 by the detour.

Change is always good, this leaves us the option of riding into Louvicourt or Senneterre pending on the amount fuel your sled burns, carrying extra gas may be necessary to make the stetch omitting the stop at Balbuzard. Change is always good, this new stretch of trail maybe tripple digit trail. we'll have to wait for a report.

JG