Good luck to our friends on the East Coast!

lindasledgirl

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Hoboken New Jersey...that's a scary flood!

We have some damage, nothing serious but the worst is still on its way apparently.

One death in Toronto from flying debris.

Stay safe!

Lost power at 7pm. Running on generator. Looks like the 4 th of July with all the transformers blowing, wild to say the least! Winds are howling , my massive 200+ year old sugar maple 10 feet from the house is hanging in there scarey with these winds!

I just watched the news on New Jersey...the water is unreal...flowing in the streets and making waves against the buildings.

Stay safe Jack!

Montreal has no rain but the wind speed has risen to 50kph and is expected to go to 60 with gusts up to 90kph through the night, 2-3ft waves on the lake at supper time must be more now. Took the gazebo down yesterday and the neighbors were out tonight (in the dark) taking theirs down, they thought i was crazy telling them yesterday there was a hurricaine coming, some people.........

Back in '98 when Montreal was hit with the icestorm they say that 9 monthes later there was a baby boom. lol.

LOL Trailblazer...that's not what he meant! lol

Strong winds on the Maine coast all night. Rain and wind just starting to let up a bit. Lights flickered at the house, and work was w/o power for several hours.

Nearby hotel is stacked with power company trucks. No where near the trees down as in other storms.

But I suspect the sled trails will need a lot of cleaning up before winter.

mike

do some preseason prep on the sled, plug in an inverter to the 12v Power Port and plug it into your house!

2 birds, 1 stone!

Good to see you made it!

GutZ

Crazy is now living by candle light. Stay safe guys.

Are you doing OK?

GutZ

I am in CT and made it LOL

No Power at the house still, went out around noon yesterday but I have a hole house gen so I am fine. Was hard getting home last night though. had to re rout my trip 3 times!! then today when I came to my shop same thing trees down all over the place!! They got it much worce the more south ya go so i did OK.

Watched the news, we are nothing like the NJ area. But here in Sarnia the winds are unreal and lots of power outages. My son's brand new roof is 'off' and the rain is 'in'....he came home to that after working on the power lines all day, exhausted....I thought he was going to cry. Not something we can't fix.

Its still 100km winds here, very loud. I might try the beach again and get a few pictures.

Anyone heard from Crazysnow? Is he accounted for?

Linda

Hi Tom!

Thanks for the update on Crazy Snow!! Sounds like we have lots to be thankful for out here compared to NY and NJ!! Wow that is so sad to see.

Lets get cleaned up and ready for snow!

Cheers!

Linda