Good luck to our friends on the East Coast!

lindasledgirl

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/28/hurrican-sandy-new-york-city-frankenstor/

Evacuations, subway closers, sand bags, school closures!!

In Sarnia, (Southwestern Ontario) we are being asked to make sure we have gas, water, food and cash! I had thought of all that with the exception of the cash. I guess if there is no power the machines won't work! Cash is still KING!!

The weather report here says there will be over a million trees lost in this storm....Keep some gas in your chainsaw Jean-guy!

Good luck everyone!!

Linda

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I got the last generator @ Home Depot in Pittsfiled Mass (there were none further south by NYC).

So at least I can keep the blender cranking!

This looks like it's gonna be a doosey. Finaly something the left & right can agree on!

Thanks! I got the last generator @ Home Depot in Pittsfiled Mass (there were none further south by NYC).

So at least I can keep the blender cranking!

This looks like it's gonna be a doosey. Finaly something the left & right can agree on!

I hope you won't have too much damage and will have some good times with family all snuggled in till its gone by.

Make sure you charge your batteries for the camera and cell phones!

Here its so windy...but I am on Lake Huron, its big and bad tonight. I think I feel the house moving lol

I was in Lebanon PA for the PA Snowmobile show over the wekend. Decided to drive straight home after the show yesterday. Left Lebanon at 3:45 P and got home at 12:15A, 500+ miles. Pasted alot of electric company trucks headed east and the Asplundh trucks headed just west of Hartford on I-84..

http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/saguenay-lac/2012/10/27/001-sandy-emerald-princess-saguenay.shtml

just too bad,we re too far !!it won t be ''rock and roll '' i guess here !!awesome weather since last friday ,bit more cloudy today !!

that ship left quebec city saturday,because of the bad weather coming ,captain decided to put the flasher (left) once at the height of the saguenay and landed in chicoutimi.

5000 persons in one shot...crew + tourists !!

was supoosed to follow east coast,next stop newfoundland !!

jean-guy

Well the winds are starting to pickup, here in central New Jersey, the storm is so wide that it's still 350 miles out and it is already bad out!

Stay safe everyone nearby, ray182, Jackstraw, and other fellow sledders in the path of this storm....i'm not gonna lie, I'm a little scared!

Here in Easton, PA just rain & minor wind so far. I believe the worst is yet to come, gonna be a restless night.

I own an insurance agency expect it to be busy after the power comes back on, if we lose it.

Pray that everyone stays safe.

Phil

Wind started picking up around 9 this morning and the rain began around 1 this afternoon. Too bad this isn't snow.

Work closed their offices and I'm home working on a couple of projects in the shop.

Think I'll throw a 6 pack in the fridge. Hey Jean Guy, is that trailer fixed yet? Need to get rid of a couple of bottles!

Edited by hparaptor

Right now no rain at my place just west of Allentown Pa

But the wind is picking up

It's driving the dogs crazy

I just saw a trampoline in Connecticut on the power lines

The New York Stock Exchange announced it would close stock trading for a second day Tuesday because of a once-in-a-century storm. Once in a 124-year storm is more apt. The last time trading was halted for two consecutive days because of weather was in 1888.

Read more: http://live.nydailynews.com/Event/Tracking_Hurricane_Sandy_2#ixzz2AjkSCFRb