YAMAHA DEMO RIDE

There will be no Demo ride by Yamaha in ile bizzard..Someone trashed an APEX....Oh well..lol..So yamaha canada has wimped out..They say the trails are too icy..Not here.I checked them and they have 2-3 inches of lose snow from the groomer..And no bare spots.

Moto Newmen is going to bring 3 yammies and an Assault to try..Hats off to Sirgeo for stepping up where yamaha failed AGAIN..You mean they have no insurance.??.Or they just dont care.??.What they dont make enough to throw a sled away.??So if I test drive a care and its snowing they dont say its snowing you cant drive..lol...Just another thing Yamaha has failed on as far as Im concerned. Starting to believe they dont care about us. jack

Maybe they can come back when theres some grass and dirt ..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SORRY about yamaha cutting the demo's short but it was icey but a little care and all was good , they did have TRIC ice scratchers on all the sleds but no studs .. cheap insurance , in hind site , JG and myself got to meet mike ( D00 4 ) and try out about 3 sleds each. I tried the NITRO XTX 1.75 and was impressed with the giddy up with that track , good power and handling was good , no ski lift in corners ,just on the straights ,, hehe.... VECTOR with power steering good ...comfy with good power . very relaxed . smooth . and light feel . great alround trail machine. PHAZER MTN. was a fun machine to play with.. needed more power and powder to explore but had super wide skies and would need 2 sets of ice scratchers in low snow conditions It had a track vibration caused from the hard trails i think . so i would like to try in deep soft stuff.. ALL WAS A GREAT DAY UNTIL THE APEX CRASH , and it was bad ! driver lucky he escaped injury because he flew over the bars and just missed hiting some trees with his body but the sled is close to a write off , never seen a brake caliper get broken clean off ,rad , suspenion . all hood and sidepanels gone , probably chassis damage and 10.000 $ est. trails were full snow covered and no bare spots even the rigaud mtn was great with hard base and some ice, But alot better than most of quebec , tommorrow off to st justine to see the antique sleds. have a good weekend ALL. PS. TRAILBLAZER WILL POST PICS later on tonite..

Edited by grumpysanta

long store . and we could dicuss it over a beer if we hook up sometime , It happened right behind me so i am glad i did not get any skis in my back but the tailgunner from the dealer got the whole show ,, took 6 of us to drag it back on the trail .. DEMO RIDE OVER its miller time....lol

Here is a pic of the apex. Drove it befoere he took over. I did like the power stering a lot. I hope they can now come out with a better chasis for next year. Demoing a doo gsx se next weekend for 2 days in val dor. Not sure if its the 800 or 1200 but should be fun all the same.

I did find the Hill Top and was well received!

Mike

post-393-0-07762100-1359767437.jpg

There will be no Demo ride by Yamaha in ile bizzard..Someone trashed an APEX....Oh well..lol..

Sorry about that Jack, was looking forward to meeting up with you again at the club house tomorrow.

OMG that guy on the Apex got real lucky today, head first between the trees, was not his calling today.

Grumpy Santa, doo4adoo and i amongst others went for the first demo ride of the day from Seguin Sport in Rigaud and it was the last, we headed up Rigaud mountain over to the otherside and from there we all switched sleds for the ride back. The accident happened once cresting the mountain and heading down the other side, it was a real bugger getting it out from the trees, took a few of us heeing 'n hawing. After scowering through all the storage areas on all the sleds for demo we managed to find a single tow rope and towed her to the nearest road where the dealer Seguin Sport came to recupe the write off sled with his truck'n trailer.

Personnally i got to try 4 sleds today, the Vector w/PS, Venture, Nitro XTX and the Mountain Phazer, my favorite i felt the most comfortable on was the Vector and all around most fun sled was the Phazer mountain 144".

Nice to have met up with you doo4adoo, perhaps some day we'll ride together.

Grumpy and myself

Myself,Grumpy and doo4adoo on the far right

My favorite...notice the Apex is still in one piece in the background

The big accident, man this guy is so lucky.

Recovery vehicle

This is how hard the trails are guys, this truck'n trailer didn't even make a dent in the trail with it's tires.

YES ALL HE SEEMED TO HAVE WAS A SORE LEG probably more pain today , hope he went to get checked out ..DOO4 .glad to see you made it to hilltop. next time i will give you my cell # so you could invite us ,, j.g. and myself had a good lunch together and shot the shit for quite a while .. Florida snowman i believe there will be 3 yamahas and polaris at the club house supplied by newman for your test...

I have a question on the Yammi designs

What is the design benifit of running the exhaust to the rear of the sled?

Schooter

Hi Schooter,

I probably shouldn't guess at this because I'm not a Yami person but I'll stick my head out and say it gives more room under the hood. It may have something to do with designing and tuning the exhaust more like a motorcycle since that is where Yami has a lot of experience. It would also remove some of the heat out from under the hood.

What do the Yami riders have to say? Am I close?

Jack

IN TAKE IS IN THE FRONT WHERE CARBS OR INJECTION IS SO SAVES PLUMBING AIR INTO THE BACK OF THE MOTOR AND ALLOWS THE MOTOR TO BE MOVED TO CENTER THE MASS. but it does have its problems ,, burnt out exhaust donuts .. hard to remove pipes with rusty clamps , and very expensive pipes to replace.

OK I have a question for the yamaha owners. I will start by saying that I have never ridden a Yamaha, so everything is word of mouth from other people.

I love the reliability of these sleds but have been scared away by reports of extremely poor handling, horrible ride and the lack of rider forward position, and I do like riding rider foward. I also hear of a lot of blown belts.

So what is true and what is not!

I run 14 psi on my yammie and the belts go after 3500-4000ks in the deep powder..My wifes attak 6000ks and still on the same belt..lol..shes no racer.Not aware of belts on yammies burning.Put trackers on my wifes and it goes straight.The 2013s have new ski design. BUT I DIDNT GET TO TRY ONE..lol..jack

The Nytro is rider forward,most have Apex or vector which is not.

OK I have a question for the yamaha owners. I will start by saying that I have never ridden a Yamaha, so everything is word of mouth from other people.

I love the reliability of these sleds but have been scared away by reports of extremely poor handling, horrible ride and the lack of rider forward position, and I do like riding rider foward. I also hear of a lot of blown belts.

So what is true and what is not!

Reliability has its limits, around 15k these sleds begin to need attention, handling and horrible ride reports are guys who buy them and ride them, the ones that know absolutely dick all about setting up a sled.

Rider forward position.....my '08 Apex can be ridden this way but the '13 has a better seating position for rider forward. I know 'cause i rented an Apex XTX '13 and put 300k on it 2 weeks ago. As for belts, the stories you are hearing must be from another OEM name 'cause in my experience i put 12000k on my first belt and on my RX1 i got 14000k before i changed them not blew them!!!!

From riding with other Yammi owners they all say the same thing about the Yamaha belts, can't believe how long they last, of course if you start fiddling with the clutches you'll be exploring new territory and are likely to shorten the life of the belt.

Hope this helps

They do have to be set-up properly for handling. Snowtrackers on the skis and it handles great with light steering. Best mod I did to the sled. Mono suspension on Apex/Vectors is a plush ride. Not made to bash 2-3 ft moguls if that is what you want. They go forever on belts. On my 3rd belt with almost 22,000 miles on it. Change them for maintenance not because they blow.

IN TAKE IS IN THE FRONT WHERE CARBS OR INJECTION IS SO SAVES PLUMBING AIR INTO THE BACK OF THE MOTOR AND ALLOWS THE MOTOR TO BE MOVED TO CENTER THE MASS. but it does have its problems ,, burnt out exhaust donuts .. hard to remove pipes with rusty clamps , and very expensive pipes to replace.

Thank for the info.

I guess they all have their pros and cons

Schooter

yamaha is the most reliable sled out there but there are things that wear out with the big milage , as for belts you buy a spare when you buy the machine and it is very possible to let it go when you sell it or keep it for the next machine , i have owned 8 yamahas , 2 ...1000 4 strokes and have never blown a belt on any , as for handling , you have to adjust , poss change skis and for shure throw the carbides in the garage before you use them and put back on when you sell. THE nitro is there most centered sled and the xtx 1.75 is sweet with new skis and new track. ...IN MY OPINION... PS . the belts don't cost $ 250. either

yamaha is the most reliable sled out there but there are things that wear out with the big milage , as for belts you buy a spare when you buy the machine and it is very possible to let it go when you sell it or keep it for the next machine , i have owned 8 yamahas , 2 ...1000 4 strokes and have never blown a belt on any , as for handling , you have to adjust , poss change skis and for shure throw the carbides in the garage before you use them and put back on when you sell. THE nitro is there most centered sled and the xtx 1.75 is sweet with new skis and new track. ...IN MY OPINION... PS . the belts don't cost $ 250. either

X2 Brion!!