Looking for an additional riding partner

600IQHO

My wife and myself are doing a 5 day saddlebag trip and would feel more comfortable if we had a 3rd or 4th person to ride with. We both ride 2012 Polaris Swithback's and usually ride between 200 to 300 miles per day. We will be leaving from St, Zenon on Sunday 2/9/13. Here is our itinarary.

We will depart St Zenon on the 9th(reservations already made) and take trail 345 up to Kanawata and on to trail 83. We will head west to Clova(Tamarak, already made reservations).

Day 2 - We will head west on 83 looks to be a short day to Seneterre so we will probaly loop over towards Val D-Or and then back east and stay at the Senabi or Belvilla.

Day 3 - Trail 93 to Lebel Sur Quevillon and up to Chibugamu(Probably stay at the Nordic).

Day 4 - 93 to La Dore and then 373 to Roberville, 83 west and stay at Windigo(made reservations there also but no deposit required. So if we cant make just call and give them a heads up)

Day 5 - Cross the resevoir and take 73 to La tuque and the 355 to 360 to 345 back to St Zenon.

If anyone is interested PM me.

My wife and myself are doing a 5 day saddlebag trip and would feel more comfortable if we had a 3rd or 4th person to ride with. We both ride 2012 Polaris Swithback's and usually ride between 200 to 300 miles per day. We will be leaving from St, Zenon on Sunday 2/9/13. Here is our itinarary.

We will depart St Zenon on the 9th(reservations already made) and take trail 345 up to Kanawata and on to trail 83. We will head west to Clova(Tamarak, already made reservations).

Day 2 - We will head west on 83 looks to be a short day to Seneterre so we will probaly loop over towards Val D-Or and then back east and stay at the Senabi or Belvilla.

Day 3 - Trail 93 to Lebel Sur Quevillon and up to Chibugamu(Probably stay at the Nordic).

Day 4 - 93 to La Dore and then 373 to Roberville, 83 west and stay at Windigo(made reservations there also but no deposit required. So if we cant make just call and give them a heads up)

Day 5 - Cross the resevoir and take 73 to La tuque and the 355 to 360 to 345 back to St Zenon.

If anyone is interested PM me.

Dave just got back,big reroute on 93 above Desmairaisville about 10 miles past there you leave the railroad bed pretty much for good not a bad trail but will take longer, can still easily be done from Senneterre. Make sure you call ahead to Nordic we could not get a room there and it had nothing to do with snowmobilers alot of workers from out of town taking rooms there and Lebel sur Quevillon.Also watch weather 83 from Balbuzard to Lac Fallion was nice but very windblown and thin (I mean like a few inches of snow on trail) if they get a warm-up or rain it may be impassable. Also pay attn. in the burn area couple of tight blind corners and also only the lower trail (83) on the map open to Lac Fallion

Dave just got back,big reroute on 93 above Desmairaisville about 10 miles past there you leave the railroad bed pretty much for good not a bad trail but will take longer, can still easily be done from Senneterre. Make sure you call ahead to Nordic we could not get a room there and it had nothing to do with snowmobilers alot of workers from out of town taking rooms there and Lebel sur Quevillon.Also watch weather 83 from Balbuzard to Lac Fallion was nice but very windblown and thin (I mean like a few inches of snow on trail) if they get a warm-up or rain it may be impassable. Also pay attn. in the burn area couple of tight blind corners and also only the lower trail (83) on the map open to Lac Fallion

Where did you get a room at Chibugamu? Thanks for the tip on the burn zone! It was ugly last year when we went through it. I will look forward to reading your trip report.

first Linda now you the week before I come up. wish i could change my airline tickets I'm even landing near you to pick up the new rig at Faulkner

I am not booking till I see what this next 'thaw/rain' does. Then I will figure out what I am doing. I saw 60 mm of rain and I am depressed. I will work for a few days, regroup and see what I am going to do. I work on trips for 10 months...I am getting irritated! It's almost February!

See the red area that says 'get big rubber boots and forget about what ever snow you think you have linda...' !!

That's where I live.

I feel like we have been here 3 times this year already....a little bit, a little bit more...nearly enough then wait...a thaw and RAIN! Not just a little to help pack a trail or two so that I don't have to drive 1000 km to ride, but 60MM or rain!

Yes, very frustrated...Very depressing!

That's me under the big cloud between London and Windsor!

Edited by lindasledgirl

Where did you get a room at Chibugamu? Thanks for the tip on the burn zone! It was ugly last year when we went through it. I will look forward to reading your trip report.

We stayed at the Hotel Chibougamau which is not the easiest to get to. You may get a room at the Hurricana also. If you go to the Hotel Chibougamau follow the signs in and don't cross the main street until you get all the way down to the end of town. There is a big building up on the hill it may be a Hospital? Cross the street there and go in the first alley back and make a left this is the snowmobile route. It will take you in behind the hotel it's about 4 blocks look for huge iron gate that is the courtyard where you park the sleds.

Edited by viper2

I am not booking till I see what this next 'thaw/rain' does. Then I will figure out what I am doing. I saw 60 mm of rain and I am depressed. I will work for a few days, regroup and see what I am going to do. I work on trips for 10 months...I am getting irritated! It's almost February!

Ya I see that as well. I have a closing I need to make first house has been under construction for over 2 years. Thank god it Has been a t&m job. I have a cabin blocked for the week of the 16th at the Rabaska Martin is out of town now but back on Wends. If the snow is bad I will drive to Saint Raymond and do a bag tour around the lake. It could be cut down to help your group 4 days I think you said. Plan c was to go see groomer but the could be touch and go if the rain hits him. Plan d watch the fire

If you are leaving on 2/10/13 I would be interested on making this trip I will be leaving from Maryland 0n 2/09/13 and will be in that area sat afternoon. I have a 2013 Yamaha apex with 0 miles will have to stop somewhere along the way and get oil changed if possible

If you are leaving on 2/10/13 I would be interested on making this trip I will be leaving from Maryland 0n 2/09/13 and will be in that area sat afternoon. I have a 2013 Yamaha apex with 0 miles will have to stop somewhere along the way and get oil changed if possible

Sounds like we could make this work. I will be arriving at Le Cabanon sometime late on Saturday. 7 or 8 pm, We are getting a late start, have to put the dogs in the kennel before we leave.

Looks like we could swing over to Val d-or, Yamaha dealer there that should get you close to your 500 miles or wait an extra day, I believe there is a dealer in Chibugamu also.

I am still waiting on reports for Lodore to Roberville to Relay 22 to see if we will be able to do the whole loop.

If you do not have Ice scratchers you may want to pick some up this week. I am going to try and find some on Monday.

Around La tuque icy , or take the 23 west to Matawin, Cabanon, Repos, and west no problem

Alain (Towing) ride today, wait for is report .

Si tu parle francais, ont a une hiver assez fucké tout ce qui est au sud du St-Laurent c'est la misere noir.

Check les condition sur FCMQ http://www.motoneige...age=sen&cid=181

A+

Edited by Coyote

Forgot on my earlier post. Welcome to quebecrider!

Welcome to forum from another Maryland rider.

Probably gonna get alot of backlash for this but here goes. I wouldn't worry too much about getting your oil changed mid trip. I have been on Yamahas since 1980 with the same dealer. When I got my '09 Apex new the first trip was to Quebec and I questioned them about that. They said not to worry just to check the chain tension in the chaincase at about 500 miles. I put 1300 miles on that week and currently have around 8000 miles and have never had any issues oil consumption or otherwise. It is more important in my opinion to take it easy on the throttle the first day or two than anything. Oh and don't be surprised if your reverse needs to be adj. after the first couple days. Hope they change their reverse setup soon.

Probably gonna get alot of backlash for this but here goes. I wouldn't worry too much about getting your oil changed mid trip. I have been on Yamahas since 1980 with the same dealer. When I got my '09 Apex new the first trip was to Quebec and I questioned them about that. They said not to worry just to check the chain tension in the chaincase at about 500 miles. I put 1300 miles on that week and currently have around 8000 miles and have never had any issues oil consumption or otherwise. It is more important in my opinion to take it easy on the throttle the first day or two than anything. Oh and don't be surprised if your reverse needs to be adj. after the first couple days. Hope they change their reverse setup soon.

I agree Viper, 600, 900 or 1500 miles isn't gonna make much difference on first oil change.

OK, I'll step up and be first to disagree. I have a long history with Yamaha as well and can tell you that the "500 mile oil change" - done by a good dealer - is more than an oil and filter change. Track adj + alignment, chaincase oil check (some change it), chaincase chain tension check, overall check of the sled for loose or missing fasteners . . . I could go on. Again, allot is done by the good + great dealers where others may 'just do the oil + filter change'. I personally know of things like plugged filter screens in the oil tank, incorrect antifreeze mixtures, and incorrectly filled chaincases have been 'discovered' at the 500mi service. Plus, good luck with warranty claims when you don't follow Yamaha's specific recommendations.

Not out to scare you more but probably not wise to take a machine with '0' miles from the States to Quebec before break-in. The riding style will test/tempt you to 'stretch' the break-in RPM recommendations. BTW, your warranty won't be honored in Quebec. Yamaha Canada is for all intents and purposes, a separate company than Yamaha Motors-USA. Many of us have found this out before and I am just passing it along so you are aware. You will have to pay out-of-pocket and file (and wait) for reimbursement when you return. (this also includes Y.E.S.)They may ultimately deny coverage because you have technically not followed your warranty terms and returned the unit to a US dealer as stated in the warranty.

Sorry to lay all this bad news out but may be better than learning the hard way -

Thanks for the welcome guys and your feed back. 600IQ I am still interested in riding but I called le cabanon and they are booked Saturday night so I will most likely stay at le glacier and meet up with you first thing Sunday morning so let me know what time you are planning on heading out