Pics of the Rock

RoadRunner

The rock in Perce is an awesome sight to see in the winter or the summer, thought we might post some good pics for everyone to enjoy.

Here is a photo on a perfect winter , blue sky day, from the hills above Perce village taken last february

The next three shots I took in feb 1995, it was the last time that we were in Perce that we could safely ride the ice out to the rock!

Another shot from Motel table a Rolands in 2006

If you have some good angles of the rock please post them, its a WOW factor on the Gaspe Trip

Enjoy RR

Of all the times I have been there in the winter I can't find a single digital winter picture of the rock. Here are a couple from my trip around the Gaspesie last summer.

From one of the tour boats.

Cool! It looks like a prehistoric beast walking in the water.

This was taken from our Hotel room. I basically opened the window and stuck my arm out, pointed towards the rock and took a shot. This was around 3:30 - 4:00 in the morning. The second picture was taken at the bird colony on the rear side of Bonaventure Island. My wife and I hiked across to see what it was all about. At the time she was 7 months pregnant Real trooper! The sanctuary was well You have to see it to believe it. UNREAL, oh and of course the stench of bird poop does wonders for a pregnant woman's senses.. If you ever visit this area in the summer, take the cruise around the rock and the island, pack a lunch and have a picnic on the Island. It's breath taking. And take the hike across to see the birds. It's a good workout getting there but worth it. Coming back is much easier as it's mostly downhill.

Great pics!

I've never been able to ride out to the rock, always wanted to.

Here's my favorite pic of the rock, taken from the dock at sunrise:

This is from the road that goes up to the lookout:

and this is from the dock looking back at the village and lookout:

Great pics!

I've never been able to ride out to the rock, always wanted to.

Here's my favorite pic of the rock, taken from the dock at sunrise:

This is from the road that goes up to the lookout:

and this is from the dock looking back at the village and lookout:

Rob, I have never been up the look out trail, where do you access that from? is it right in the village or below town

Everyone has addes some really great pictures of this area

RR

Rob, I have never been up the look out trail, where do you access that from? is it right in the village or below town

RR

when you come into town, and turn right into table a roland, there will be a track straight ahead at that point. Take that trail (not groomed, and just a path really). Follow it across a meadow, and you pick up a road going uphill to the left. Go up that road and the lookout is on left. The road goes further to a higher lookout closer to the top of the "table", (that's where table a roland gets its name), but it is not always broke out and can be an adventure. All of this is less than a mile from the village.

Here's what I can add regarding the "upper" lookout...

The road/trail is behind the church, here's a pic in the summer looking from the road...

It may be hard to see, but the upper lookout and fence are in the middle left of the cliff...

Once you get to the top, there's a little outdoor church/shrine...

Here's a rock pic from the top...

Here's an island pic that may give some perspective on the cliff...

when you come into town, and turn right into table a roland, there will be a track straight ahead at that point. Take that trail (not groomed, and just a path really). Follow it across a meadow, and you pick up a road going uphill to the left. Go up that road and the lookout is on left. The road goes further to a higher lookout closer to the top of the "table", (that's where table a roland gets its name), but it is not always broke out and can be an adventure. All of this is less than a mile from the village.
I remember the single trail/path that kept going, thought it just went into town further towards the dock, thank you for the directions, I will do that detour on the next trip to PerceRRScorpion Bowl, those pics are great! and the trail behind the church, looks like you have many photo archives!!!RR

• 3 months later...

RR

When I was there I went to the right and followed the sign for the Grotto. There is a very cool waterfall there.

Wow those are some great pictures, are there places to stay up there or how far do you need to ride from (the rock).

I really would like to ride up and see that.

Thanks

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...