I'm hooked

ODog

After losing my riding buddies to middle age, the couch and college tuition payments I responded to an on-line ad looking for riding partners on a trip to Quebec this past February. An extended saddlebagging trip I always wanted to do. 7 days with 4 people you never met? (and none had ever met each other?) My wife thought I was loosing it. I told her if my friends won't ride Quebec, I'll find new friends (or actually 'additional' friends :) .

Well, needless to say, I'm hooked. It was one of the best trips -snowmobile or otherwise- I've ever done. Le Windigo - Clova - Val-Dor - La Domaine - Maniwaki -Le Windigo. 890ish miles of beautiful scenery, well-maintained trails, friendly lodges and great company (and did I say cold beer at day's end)?. This is NOT a bucket list, because by definition, I would check it off and move onto the next list item. I hope to do this many times.

Thank you for the beautiful country and being so welcoming.

I'm already scouting out advertisements looking for riding partners for next year!

If you care to look at the pictures, I'm sure you'll recognize a lot of the locations.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54460328@N06/sets/72157632844023947/

Welcome to QuebecRider ODog.

Glad to hear you had a great ride. The pics are good.

We have tried to convince friends to ride with us in Quebec with very little response. Once you have tried it, you wonder why you didn't go sooner. It is great.

Jack & Sandi

Welcome ODog

I'm iceman and I am a sledaholic. Welcome to the group.

Once you experience the trails and riding here in Quebec, nothing else will be worth it. Especially for saddlebag trips.

Sure you can go anywhere and get in some riding.

But Quebec is where its at.

For all those trying to convince others to come up and ride QC. Just don't waste your breath if they do not take your word on how great it is, then they just aint worth bringing up. Their loss.

Nice to find someone else looking for people to ride with....I have not quit for the season yet but you're welcome to ride with me anytime. I make a number of trips to Quebec, a few in Ontario and a couple in Michigan.

Great post and welcome to the best site for Quebec riding!

Lindasledgirl

Welcome, I'm just up the road on Squam Lake. I grew up in Newbury (summers) as a little kid on Lake Sunappe. There is a QR summer gathering in Franconia (which I have not been able to attend due to my Biz + kids) put on by Sauganey Bill. I hope to make it this yr for sure 2 meet new folks that have PQ addiction. I have a lot of miles in PQ over 20 yrs. My normal riding partners kids are racing East Coast Snow cross now. So, I'm a free agent also, tired of excuses .....Stay in Touch, Michael

I ve been trying 2 get 2 co workers to go up. I think I have one of them convinced the other I am not so sure. I told them ride free week end. I drive we split fuel and hotel and ride. If they dont like it at least they can say they tried it and they never have to go again. We will see. We have not rode south of the border in 4 years now and really have no reason too.

Nice report and slide show. I will have to figure out how that works. I put out a post this year to find a riding partner to go with my wife and myself and found one. We had a good time a made a new friend.

Welcome aboard ODog. I had a friend ask me to go sledding in Quebec with him 13 years ago, he said it is a trip of a life time. Well 13 years later I have made easily 30 trips to Quebec snowmobiling and likely 10 times going up on car drives, snowshoeing, or hiking. I am a Quebec Addict. Quebec is every bit as beautiful in the other three seasons as it is in winter.

Midrange: Chateau Logue thanks for pointing that out, I had stayed there back in '06, just don't remember the Pub sign.

ODog......you have logged onto the best website for Quebec snowmobiling information and meeting new people to ride with,

Welcome to QuebecRider.

Thanks for all the offers to ride. Don't forget you offered 9 months from now!

Hoping to do the Gaspe winter '14. If someone is planning a trip this fall and looking for another rider, let me know!

Happy summer and thanks again.

Owen

Thanks for all the offers to ride. Don't forget you offered 9 months from now!

Hoping to do the Gaspe winter '14. If someone is planning a trip this fall and looking for another rider, let me know!

Happy summer and thanks again.

Owen

I will be there in May 4 wheeling, then in the fall 4 wheeling and then in winter snowmobiling. We have a trip already in the works for the 2nd Annual 'Groomers Spring Break' which will be held beginning of March. This years is in the forum if you want to see the pictures under 'Spring Break' started by Crazy Snow.

Have to run...I leave in the morning to ride! There is still snow!

Linda

Hi ODog ... You want to have a great time Head to the Gathering next Winter 2014 ... You wil meet nothing but great people and make lots of new friends " I highly recommend "

I know you and I had discussed a Gaspe trip but as things turned out, this was not a good snow year for that. I am glad you mapped another route and enjoyed yourself. There are allot of amazing places to explore and everyone here will help you plan many great trips.

Your slide show was great!

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54