TQ3 blocked near St Foy?

actionjack

Apparently a land owner who grants permission for TQ3 somewhere near St Foy was written a no helmet ticket by Popo on Skidoos while working on his own land and as retribution is not granting permission to use the part of the trail on his land.

Anyone here familiar with this issue? What the outlook is? Alternate routes or planned route?

Damn, I looked there just not in the right place. Got it now.

Not sounding too promising there.

Sorry to hear.

Thank you Police. Job well done.

Can you pinpoint it on a map? Will there be alternate routes to get to points east on 3 - La Malbaie Toudoussac etc??

Way I figure it its near where if you are coming from Qc city and going west. You leave the powerlines (TQ3 used to go straight on powerlines but they lost the section there a few years back) now you go dow through the woods and come to a Relais/clubhouse where there is usually a groomer parked. Its somewhere near there.

Coming to Qc. City from trois riveres its after the airport.

Not sure what will happen.

That's the spot.

Evidently its 4 landowners there, that have denied passage.

Probably all related to their neighbor getting the ticket for no Helmet on his private land.

No choice if this is not resolved it will mean going thru St. Raymond to Le Etape on 23 then down 369 to get back to TQ 3. To go east.

Man i feel for those in Qc city area because essentially they are cut off from going west. (without going thru Le Etape)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's totally nucking futs that they'd get popped on their own private land. But at least the law would also keep the trails safe from brainless yahoos?

Maybe we can rally an e-hug to those dudes? Perhaps if they knew that they had lots of good peeps rooting for them they'd be less bitter about the cops? How could we get a warm-fuzzy message campaign to them?

Seems Club Jaques Cartier is closer to Solution for TQ3. I guess they have the landowner permission needed for new trail but are awaiting permission from Quebec City gov't for a right away along a road I think to complete the new connection.

Stay Tuned.

Seems Club Jaques Cartier is closer to Solution for TQ3. I guess they have the landowner permission needed for new trail but are awaiting permission from Quebec City gov't for a right away along a road I think to complete the new connection.

Stay Tuned.

Thanks for keeping us posted Ice

Stay Tuned.

Thanks for the update, planning on being in that area in Feb. That looks like a BIG detour if no trail in St Foy !

Club has meeting Monday with Ville de Quebec. To discuss right away needed for trail 3. There will be representation there from FCMQ and Tourism for QC city along with Club. Lets hope they hammer out an agreement.

Seems they have worked out a solution. The TQ3 will be open. They need to cut some trees to finish connection from what I understand but they have the new right of ways in hand.

Everything is finished and the TQ3 is open thru QC city. The new right of way is a very fragile one and tgey are asking everyone to stay on the trail and respect the section speed limit there which is 15kmph. This is the last chance they say so please respect the passage.

Surfaced there today the new part.