Where am I? Trail quiz.

rob

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is La Chapelle of course. I think everyone that rides Mt Valin goes there. I once rented a cottage 2 miles from the Chapelle for a week.
Of course!With out that place, it would be hard to doo any decent riding early season. It's a great club.A few years back, I was up there riding. Did quite a few miles one day and was headed back to the Le Valinouet parking area late in the evening, and for some reason I could not find my way back onto 93.Everything looked the same to me. :wacko: The guy who pumps the gas all day (can't remember his name?) he came riding by on the Scandic, The one parked in front of La Chapelle in smclelan picture. He led me back to La Chapelle and told me to come inside and warm up a bit and made sure I knew my way back, which I did.Its real nice in there late at night, cranking fire, music, all the guy's and girls that work there butts off all day are kicked back enjoying a cold one. :good: And the funny part about it, I was'nt even a 1/2 a mile away from the place :help: :wacko:

Desbiens (SP?)

Close enough. It is east of Desbiens on 383 just as it drops down onto Lac St Jean headed toward St Gédéon. There is a Relais just a bit further on where you come off the big lac that I can't remember the name of.

You guys were with NE Bob that day? Man, I forgot all about that. Who was I with?

I am not sure myself, we were all sitting down and everyone was talking to one another.

We were all like one big group.

I doo remember meeting and talking too a few different people there.

Not sure, was you with your wife? I remember talking to a couple that was from the states?

And another person (Maybe you) asked me how I liked the BV2S helmet that I had just got for tha trip.

I'm not sure who you were with, I was focused on the nice blonde...and it was only my second ride in PQ. It was Dec 29, 2004, early morning after a foot of fresh powder.

I guess Marty was a nice guy lolThat was our second day on the trails right Gary? then we ended up in Roberval.

Another thing I remember about that trip was I was having a hard time starting my sled when it was cold.

I get back to the states and I dropped it off at Garneau's for its 1st service, and I told Wayne I was having a hard time starting it up.

So he goes in my trailer and starts it, fires right up no problem.

What he did was flipped the choke up all the way, which I never knew it went up another click. :wacko: I had been using 1/2 choke the whole time.

My 01 Power Tech the choke was under the hood and I never needed to choke it no matter how cold it was.

Live and learn.

I thought that picture of the railroad tresstle looked familar. And meeting Rob, I had forgot all about that. That was Christmas week in 04. Great snow conditions compared to last year.
Too bad that new gps won't help you with your memory or keep you on the trail...
Heres an easy one....
Lac Edouard.