The Gaspe Snowfarmer,Lindasledgirl,Mcstar picture trip

snowfarmer

Thought i would start this thread and our group will add some pictures and some stories. I made a last minute decision to drive (735 miles) to Gaspe with my wife and hook up with Linda and do a partial trip with her crew. It was so worth it.We unloaded in Amqui and headed up the local trails to 5 and to Mount st pierre.All groomed to perfection.post-280-0-27227400-1394844026.jpgpost-280-0-50866000-1394844059.jpgpost-280-0-39005300-1394844077.jpgpost-280-0-28229300-1394844123.jpgpost-280-0-93519600-1394844099.jpgpost-280-0-80664000-1394844152.jpgpost-280-0-92516700-1394844213.jpg If you look closely at this picture overlooking Mount St Pierre some crazy person walked around on skis to find a spot to enter in and ski down. They did it! you guys know this spot and know what kind of vertical is there!post-280-0-94315700-1394844701.jpg post-280-0-02377300-1394844355.jpg We arrived and right behind us shows up Mcstar and Frank. We all leave the next day for Perce. Sunny and all groomed up again.post-280-0-97816800-1394844900.jpgpost-280-0-37230100-1394845004.jpgpost-280-0-02483500-1394845068.jpgpost-280-0-23894000-1394845104.jpgpost-280-0-40355300-1394845152.jpgThe next day we split up and Mcstar , Frank myself headed through the middle and Linda headed to the north. (no pictures except for groomer) Snowing gray and flat light.We made it to Carleton for the night. Had a mix of fresh groomed trails and about 4 inches of fresh snow. We headed the last day for Amqui. Trails were all great ! Groomers area was the best! We made it almost all the way home but about 2 km outside of Causapscal both rear wheels on Noras sled broke apart.Both bearings gone centres broke out. Going to put the extra two wheel kit on.I was glad for a short tow and a fast ride back to the truck to pick up the sled.I know Linda got a lot of great pictures to add and Mcstar too.Great trip and great people to hang with.

Edited by snowfarmer

Nice report and pics Dave glad to hear you had a good trip with only one minor hick up and so close to your starting point too....you got lucky

Boy that was some ride 735 miles for 3 days of sledding...you're a true die hard Dave....Gaspe is soooo worth it though

I hope to be out there last week of March, hope they're still grooming gotta

Round up some die hards now

Must say theres nothing like the Gaspie! We will also be out the last week of march, possibly the end of this coming week. The last 2 years the weather warmed up and cancelled the end of season trip. Looks like a go this year for sure!

Nice report and pics Dave glad to hear you had a good trip with only one minor hick up and so close to your starting point too....you got lucky

Boy that was some ride 735 miles for 3 days of sledding...you're a true die hard Dave....Gaspe is soooo worth it though

I hope to be out there last week of March, hope they're still grooming gotta

Round up some die hards now

I know I'm out of my mind to drive 1400 miles round trip to ride 800. I kept track of the fuel used too. I haven't added it up yet but I know I will never be considered a " green person". Love the area and I like the group I had a chance to ride with. I also had a plan of loading and heading towards Towings area to ride but with the breakdown /storm thing just didn't happen the way I planned it. Another time.

Must say theres nothing like the Gaspie! We will also be out the last week of march, possibly the end of this coming week. The last 2 years the weather warmed up and cancelled the end of season trip. Looks like a go this year for sure!

They have tons of snow and it looks like long range temps will hold out! Have fun!!

Great riding with everyone, nothing like hooking up with other QR's on the trail and riding together for a few days.

I am already thing about next year.....going to be a long summer!

Dave I had a relaxed ride being in the back and you leading the pack!

I am still on my way home. Left around11 am in tears.

Bad news! I left my grocceries at Groomers! I must go back!

See you soon!

Oh and yes i will have pics when i get home but Jean-Guy...i would love it if you could post some pics!

Xoxo

I am still on my way home. Left around11 am in tears.

Bad news! I left my grocceries at Groomers! I must go back!

See you soon!

Oh and yes i will have pics when i get home but Jean-Guy...i would love it if you could post some pics!

Xoxo

hi linda !!

i ll take care of that a bit later.....

just back from clubhouse!!!

jean-guy

linda's pics !!!

hoping that they ll be all on the right side !!

smclelan....i tried before supper...but got lost while posting...this is take 2 !!!

snowing lightly...fluffy snow !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Great riding with everyone, nothing like hooking up with other QR's on the trail and riding together for a few days.

I am already thing about next year.....going to be a long summer!

Dave I had a relaxed ride being in the back and you leading the pack!

Good seeing you and Frank! Look forward to crossing paths next year!!

My Trip March 6-16th

3000km of driving

1750km of riding

One day trail, mummies, camp and a little off trail to the camp with Jean-Guy!

One day, two nights at the Sled Den with Jack and Ryan Verretchia and Jack's wife Eva as well as Vince Champoux of Sled Crashers....amazing back country mountain excursion for trail riders. Best trip, food and beds in the Gaspesie!

We were 4 but added some famous QR riders along the way, Jean-guy, Snowfarmer and Nora (his wife), McStar and Frank, Eddie Skidoo and Dave. Met Rustygouche, Whaler and crew from New Brunswick.

Thanks for the recomendations! Roland was amazing in Perce!!

Various pictures to follow...sorry for the delay, swamped at work since I got home!

thanks,

Linda