Question about being able to ride my snowmobile.

Shore1066

Hello all. We, as in my son and I just got back from our yearly ride in Quebec. 1500 miles and it was wonderful.

I recently found out that I am going to get a hip replacement and my question is has anyone that is riding had this

happen to them. Is there going to be a problem in the future? Is my 1500 mile rides over with? I do have 1 more ride

in early March and if it is going to be my last I want to know so I can make the best of it. Good or bad any experiences

by others would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Well that makes my day. Have been kinda scared to ask. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure we ran into you and your son at the sawmill on 93? You guys were on your way up from St, Felicien. Clayton, right? We were the group of 6 that came in after getting gas that were talking with you. Sounds like you had a good ride as we did. You'll be right back at it next year. Good luck with your surgery.

sounds like an excuse to buy a new sled with the latest suspension, even if the one you have is already comfortable.

I believe gizz has hit the nail on the head. Tell your bride the doctor said yes, you could continue to ride, but only on a 2016 model suspension or newer. You can tell her you got a second opinion from a group a professional snowmobile consultants that agreed with the doctors recommendations.

I believe gizz has hit the nail on the head. Tell your bride the doctor said yes, you could continue to ride, but only on a 2016 model suspension or newer. You can tell her you got a second opinion from a group a professional snowmobile consultants that agreed with the doctors recommendations.

Might also want to extend that last ride in March to 2 weeks just in case. I'm sure your other half will understand. No sense in taking any chances!

Want to thank all of you for the great support and ideas of new suspensions and taking advantage of a longer trip n March. LOL. To GSX 800 that was us at the saw mill you talk to. I'm sure it was my son you did most of the talking to as he is the talker of the two of us. He is, as most snowmobiler's have , my best companion to ride with who truly takes care of his dad. We have did this ride for many years and I am so thankful I have him.

I do like the 2016 model idea and I never thought of it so thank you. I think some thing air ride would work. Again thanks for the thoughts and ideas. Still alot of winter left. So go melt some snow. Thanks

George

Yupper! Up & at 'em! Use it for leverage for new rides if you wanna, but there's no problemo.

Had the hip replaced in '88, thanks to my '86 two-wheeler enduro chicken fight with a big ol' sedan (which they had to tow away, I'm proud to say!)

Internal rotation is a no-no. Did that Goeland in Lac Edouard, Gotta buy me a Jack or 3 for that story.

But hey, as long as there's a gas tank between your knees YOU CAN'T INTERNALLY ROTATE! VOILA!

Seriously, there's zero issue with riding post-op. You'll be up and around in no time.

I email my surgeon thank-you pics from the trail!