Changes for Winter Gathering

Saguenay Bill

With the weather forecast I am canceling my reservations in RDL. If the rest of you want to continue to have it there go for it. If enough people want to change I can set something up here at the Delta. Conditions here are very good. Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Bill. We are going to wait a few more days and watch the forecast. We may be going up for a short weekend ride March 4th thru March 7th if there is enough snow south of the river. We will post the conditions if we go.

Jack & Sandi

Hi Bill,

We canceled our reservations at RDL the other day and booked the Delta for the week of March 6-13.

See you then! Thanks for your hard work Bill.

Probably a safe decision to move it, based on snow and future forecasts.

Sorry that Bill did all that work lining things up for RDL.

I too will try to make reservations at the Delta, coming in the weekend before and doing day rides all week.

mike

Just booked two rooms for Friday & Sat night, the 11th & 12th at the Delta. Probably going to leave from St Zenon area on Thurs morning. Not sure if we'll head east on 360, and then north, or take 345 north towards Parent, and then northeast? Any suggestions on best food/lodging options for either way on Thursday night? Wife will be one of the riders, so I want her dinner and bed to make her happy!

Thanks,

Terry

Just booked two rooms for Friday & Sat night, the 11th & 12th at the Delta. Probably going to leave from St Zenon area on Thurs morning. Not sure if we'll head east on 360, and then north, or take 345 north towards Parent, and then northeast? Any suggestions on best food/lodging options for either way on Thursday night? Wife will be one of the riders, so I want her dinner and bed to make her happy!

Thanks,

Terry

If you want to make your wife happy, drive to the Saguenay. We are suppose to have rain south of here tonight. Trails here are good. People riding from the south say not too good.

Thanks,

Terry

If you are going up through Kanawata and the 369 to 83 you could stay at Windigo Thursday night. No need to drive to Saguenay they have lots of snow around SMDS and are getting minimal rain from this storm

Will Bill have the 'moose juice' at reception again...I was warned by Jean-Guy NOT to try that stuff...holy smokes!

The joys of saddlebagging also require keeping your eye on the weather and adjust accordingly.

Kinda hard to adjust when you need to be in point B tomorrow and it's 200 miles from where you are today and it's raining. Also ran into a guy yesterday who is 2 days from his truck and it can't be fixed. I have had enough stress in my life and don't need anymore. I love to saddlebag but I don't like the issues that come with it. To each his own.

Kinda hard to adjust when you need to be in point B tomorrow and it's 200 miles from where you are today and it's raining. Also ran into a guy yesterday who is 2 days from his truck and it can't be fixed. I have had enough stress in my life and don't need anymore. I love to saddlebag but I don't like the issues that come with it. To each his own.

You are correct Bill. Saddlebagging is an adventure. With us no 2 strokes on our rides anymore only 4s. At least if something breaks it's usually not catastrophic. Also we have the luxury of not having to be somewhere tomorrow. And that is key!

Will Bill have the 'moose juice' at reception again...I was warned by Jean-Guy NOT to try that stuff...holy smokes!

hi linda !!!

ahhahha...no '' moose juice '''.......CARIBOU !!!

don t try that in pq ...you won t see ontario for a while !!!...ahhaha

jean-guy

hi linda !!!

ahhahha...no '' moose juice '''.......CARIBOU !!!

don t try that in pq ...you won t see ontario for a while !!!...ahhaha

jean-guy

post-875-0-54452500-1456410170_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a party Jean-guy! When should I come...get Eddie to bring some Caribou!

Linda

attachicon.gif362.JPG

Sounds like a party Jean-guy! When should I come...get Eddie to bring some Caribou!

Linda

hahhah....

well ,caribou is way stronger than your glass of redwood....only a sip or 2 ....it ll be good night for you !!!

and if memory still good, caribou ,its homemade !!!

jean-guy

You are correct Bill. Saddlebagging is an adventure. With us no 2 strokes on our rides anymore only 4s. At least if something breaks it's usually not catastrophic. Also we have the luxury of not having to be somewhere tomorrow. And that is key!

I hear ya Jim, 2 smokes are downers

Not having to be somewhere is what the last 5 days was like on my ride, we heard about the weather coming in Monday morning and scheduled our ride around it, made it back to the trucks on Wednesday at lunch just when it was starting to stick to the visor.

• 2 weeks later...

I am guessing a lot of people cancelled at Riviere du Loup for the gathering next weekend due to recent snow conditions, which miraculously have returned to very good in recent days.

Just to let you know, I am headed up to RDL tomorrow and will be there all week thru next Sunday. So if you did not change your plans and are still coming up, look me up if you still want to get together next weekend for meals, rides etc.

I will post conditions this week on the Bas St. Laurent forum section.

Only glitch I see is the warm up/small rain event midweek could send me packing early if it gets bad, or a bad travel day next Sunday sends me packing a day early as I must be at work that Sunday night.

mike