Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

few pics from last week end .i had the camera of my brother ,a canon powershotwith a 12x zoom.need more pratice ,forgot to close the shutter on the sunset pics.

pics with the bull ,friday afternoon about 5 miles before arriving to the camp.saturday at 8 pm ,i had 3 mooses in front of me ,2 bulls and 1 female . ''shook '' all the pics .pics are all blurred .ha!! ha !!

groomer !!!

hi ckf !!

thank you very much.coming from another photograh ,always a pleasure.have nt decided which camera i m going to buy yet.

btw ,i check almost daily your thread on slednh,those pics of the fireworks ,wooooow !!! awesome colors !! and great scenery pics too !! :good:

thanks again !!

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi ckf !!

thank you very much.coming from another photograh ,always a pleasure.have nt decided which camera i m going to buy yet.

btw ,i check almost daily your thread on slednh,those pics of the fireworks ,wooooow !!! awesome colors !! and great scenery pics too !! :good:

thanks again !!

Thanks Groomer :drinks: Feel free to post some of your photos in the thread on SledNH. You might even lure some of the New Hampshire guys up to Quebec with your photos.

Thanks Groomer :drinks: Feel free to post some of your photos in the thread on SledNH. You might even lure some of the New Hampshire guys up to Quebec with your photos.

could be a great idea !! don t want to blow up rob's server !!!ha !! ha !!

i tried to post pics during supper time on fs ,looks like i have a problem somewhere ,can t post pics anymore!! :angry:

groomer !!!

my first official pics with a dslr.went to rimouski yesterday morning and bought a dslr.well ,i wanted that canon ,but the price for a 300 mm lens (L series )was a bit too expensive for my budget.1800.00$$ + taxes.here in pq ,sales taxes is 16 %.thanks to both of our governments :angry: :angry: ha !! ha !!

so , ive been in a hurry all day.wanted to be at the camp around 4 pm.arrived close to 5 pm.time to put the strap,filters on lens,load the batteries etc ,etc ,i was late for supper.hurried up to drink my bottle of wine ,ha !! ha !!so , i left for my moose run at 7 30 pm.already 45 mins late.

did nt even read the instructions for the camera .when i left, forgot to put more iso on the camera .so when i saw that female with 2 calves ,i knew right at the beginning i was way too low .spent 15-20 mins with them.mom was 30 ' in front of me.just too bad ,don t see that everyday 2 calves.then , i saw another female a few mile later.

so i bought ,a nikon d-90 with a 300 mm lens and the small one is 18 /105 mm.i have a very good base with my 2 old 35 mm.i just need to study all those butttons and functions.

btw ,when i arrived at the camp ,surprise!!! since a few weeks i had left a cartoon box(empty) on the porch.so that cartoon box was on the lawn ,all destroyed !! so, checked that a little bit closer.a bear went on the porch and ''scratched '' both patio doors.can see the trace of the nails on the window.even scratched the paint on the frame of the patio door a bit.

better not come back in the yard of the camp if i m there ,it s going to be '''booooooooom''.we don t like bears and coyotes here.

decided to come back in town late last night ,huge party :drinks: this week end.saw 4 more mooses on the way back .3 females + 1 bull .

groomer !!!

ha !! ha !! ha !! don t worry about that !! :p i noticed that the nikon is way heavier than the sony.like i said on the other post ,i knew i was way too low (iso ).so , it s not time to look at the instructions manual when you have 3 mooses in front you !!! :lol::lol:

ps :you should nt laugh at newbie .....................with a dslr !!! :lol::lol::lol::drinks::drinks:

last night went to party and met a friend of mine(co-owner at the camp) .he works in port -cartier .he told me that the guys on the north shore use a 2 x 4 or 2 x 6 and put a lot of nails on them .they install that under the windows to avoid bears breaking into their camp.tough for their feet.

the ''ship '' just over the ''forks ''(salmon pool) ,causapscal river .

groomer !!!

Great photo's as usual groomer, even with a new camera and too much wine !!! I will get Snowmouse (the wife) to post her photo of the black bear we saw when we were having breakfast at Wendells with some of the other QR's after the QR meet last week and I will give you $100 if you can actually spot the bear!!!!

Gary <_<

hi snomogary !!

thank you very much !! it ll probably take a while to get use to that new camera .so many options.

to tell you the truth ( :lol: ) ,all my pics of mooses and sunsets i have posted ,always drink a bottle of wine during supper ,few beers before and a few more during my moose run.i m alone there and the closest camp to mine is 9 miles away.so there's no traffic .

but i ll have to watch myself ,nikon is heavier ,so i don t want all my pics blurred .ha !! ha !!

i ll wait for the bear pic of your wife !!thanks !!

the best time to see bears here ,in may and early june .then ,it just like they dissapear!!

don t worry if i have the chance to see that bear , i ll do my best to take pics .thanks for the offer !!!ha !! ha !!

first pic,famous salmon pool ,the ''forks ''.right at the meeting of the causapscal and matapedia rivers.

strange peoples in town ,hey ???? :lol:

jean-guy

hi coldsmoke !!

no ,the ship has been built only for the week end .guys from my town did it .there was a game on that ship during the week end.last week end ,it was ''fort causap ''.its a week end of games .all kind of games with water,mud ,quizz,etc ,etc .

there was 20 teams competing on saturday and for sunday they took the 14 best for the finals.

for the teams ,you need to have a kid under 15 y/o ,then a guy or girl over 20y/o ,then one in the 30 's - 40s and 50 s +.can t remember exactly ,it s a team of 7 or 8 .fun week end but rough to party at night if you like beers .too many :drinks: .there s bands playing music from the thursday til sunday night .all the teams have a sponsor.

when i came back from work ,they were removing the ship from the causapscal river with an excavator.

on monday, you can see who went to party during the week end .ha !! ha !!

few old pics from 07.

groomer !!

hi gary !!

great time for sure !! but if you do both ,competitions and partying at night ,not too funny going back to work on monday morning !!...............i know about that !! :lol:

could be a great idea to have a qr team ,but i m getting to old too do that kind of stuff .

rather take pics during the day and take a few cold ones at night .great week end ,but a tough one at the same time.i did nt want to go this year ,because last year on the saturday night it has been a greaaaaaaaaaaaat one!! :drinks::drinks::drinks: ..ha !! ha !!

happened a few years ,going back to work at 6 am on the monday and there was still peoples partying there !!

don t know if it s an honor or dishonor (sp maybe )in 76 a woman came here for a few days .journalist from a newspaper in quebec city .she had made a few articles everyday in that new papers talking about salmon fishing and both rivers here in town.

don t know at all where she took those stats ,she had written that our town was the town in pq where they were selling the most beers per capita !!!!....and i believe that . :lol:

jean-guy :drinks:

[quote name='groomer' date='29 July 2010 - 06:50 PM' rs talking about

don t know at all where she took those stats ,she had written that our town was the town in pq where they were selling the most beers per capita !!!!....and i believe that . :lol:

jean-guy :drinks:

Can well believe it, looking at the pics! :drinks:

ha !! ha !!

by 2 30 hrs pm ,i ll be on my way to the camp.if i see that bear ,i ll let you know .i think my chances are going to be low .i have an old rifle at the camp ,but i m going to bring a better one with a scope .

he better not show up close to the camp ,he won t have a nice welcome !!! =@

have an nice week end !!! :drinks:

groomer !!!

• 3 weeks later...

last night.mom with 2 calves.saw the 2 calves crossing the road ,but the ''hay '' was too high to see them.can see a bit of the ears.

forgot on the other post ,friday night, at 8 22 hrs on my way back from my moose run ,saw the black bear for about 2 '', 3 quarter of a mile before arriving at the camp.he was way too far ,at least 800 ' and slightly off the road.few minutes before darkness.

friday ,after work, went to see my sister ,talked with my b-i-l and he said that his dad saw a cougar at the ''mail box '' ,at the 14 miles on the truck logging road last week .

groomer !!!

Are these the falls you, Bob and I walked into??

oui,les meme chutes !! ha !! ha !! ya ,same water falls.

when i arrived there , i was trying to remember if we had started walking from near causapscal river or we had stopped about a quarter mile before arriving to the river and went down the mountain.

i started from near the river and took near half an hr to go there.did nt want to get my boots too wet.about mid way up ,there was a land slide mixed with trees across the brook.had to jump over those trees .on the way back , i walked all the way down in the brook to save time and to avoid branches off the brook.i had left my keys in the switch of my 4 w and i had my chainsaw on the front carrier.

pic 4 ,don t like that sunny spot on the upper left side.

pic 5 .not enough constrat , imo !! too much white!!!

groomer !!!

Groomer, looks like you are getting the hang of your new camera....................thanks for the reminders of why we love Gaspe :bc:

hi s pump !!

thanks !! not too bad , but i need more practice.like i said before ,i have a good base with my 2 old 35 mm .have nt read the instructions manual yet :lol: , i m waiting for a rainy saturday at the camp to read it or part of it.

still not familiar yet with all those buttons and functions !!