Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Was thinking of the same, when I read this post last week.

Nice shots. Need more stories, ride reports... Thanks for sharing the highlights.

Well there are 3000 pictures (not exaggerating) and my laptop is in a garbage bag! Just setting up the new one I bought on the way home. Jean-Guys is still not right. Seems he needs to spend another pile of money on his. So...we are getting there but I am still working on downloading all the pictures and sorting through them.

I can tell you that the 'best' trails aren't trails (just like sledding there in the ZEC and you would be foolish to go there without a guide) and we had a ball! The moose right at the camp window was a big highlight for me. The night sky, the mountain views, the river crossings and waterfalls, animals and plants, the marsh and all the colours there, the Gaspesie National Park, the hikes, the trees and well...the photographer!! And sometimes fast logging roads, tough terrain and just seeing what these bikes are capable of. Follow it up with a course in "Red Wine" (which I have tried maybe 3 times in my life prior to the Gaspesie), living with no running water, no hair blower, tv, computer, phone, printer or internet.

And for JG....well, he can speak for himself...but a woman for 2 weeks in the camp and all her truck load (and i mean loaded to the rafters!), who talks all the time, has opinions about everything and doesn't drink.....well lets just say he passed with flying colours!

Amazing! To say the least!

Linda

Ha Ha Ha JG.........in town we call that a hangover :bad: :bad: :bad:

hi jg !!

ha!!ha!!ha!! maybe a bit ,but i had a cold or fever for sure.

it was 34 c sunday afternoon and i was freezing in the house !!ha!!ha!!

causapscal river,where my b i l work.at the falls and a bit lower at ''bateau pool ''.

btw,he gave linda a nice moose rack !!

jean-guy :drinks:

We had a great time at the camp too!! I don't recall any dancing the night we were there and the Redwood wine was consumed!! LOL

Thanks for the great tour, hospitality, and the incredible steaks!! Next time we will bring more wine! Thanks Linda for cutting the bushes back for the nice truck to get into the camp. You two missed a good hike in Park Matane Sunday, perfect weather and awesome waterfalls. Over 200 feet high!!

:drinks:

post-5-0-70731100-1337728196_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-50863500-1337728221_thumb.jpg

hi steven !!

for sure we missed a nice hike.....but i was nt in shape to do that on sunday.went to show linda a bit of the swamp.walked about 1500'....it has been enough for me for the day !!..ha!!ha!!

JG I haven't downloaded a program to re-size the pictures yet...but will you please post that plant in the swamp that I liked! I think you did some amazing pictures in there!!

Thanks!!

Linda

PS...those picutures you posted ^^^^^^^^^ I think I took those ones didn't I? You were driving!

JG I haven't downloaded a program to re-size the pictures yet...but will you please post that plant in the swamp that I liked! I think you did some amazing pictures in there!!

Thanks!!

Linda

PS...those picutures you posted ^^^^^^^^^ I think I took those ones didn't I? You were driving!

here's a few !!!

pics in the swamp in front of the camp !!

ps:.....ya.....pics....^^^^^^^^^^....... you have taken while i was driving !!!

jean-guy

here's a few !!!

pics in the swamp in front of the camp !!

ps:.....ya.....pics....^^^^^^^^^^....... you have taken while i was driving !!!

jean-guy

Ahhh yes!! If anyone knows the name of those plants...let me know. They looked like pineapple plants or something.

And driving...yes...you were doing a great job too! So I guess we have to share the credit! Haha!!

Linda

There was only one occassion where Jean-Guy drove right past a moose. I had no choice but to take her picture all by myself haha!! I should tell you however that I was screaming so loud for Jean-Guy, he heard me off in the distance, over his 4 wheeler motor and did manage to come back in time to see her run off. The moose was big, I was alone, she looked at me in horror when I was screaming and I don't have a camera like his...just a little point and shoot. But hey...it worked.

Here she is!

Linda

There was only one occassion where Jean-Guy drove right past a moose. I had no choice but to take her picture all by myself haha!! I should tell you however that I was screaming so loud for Jean-Guy, he heard me off in the distance, over his 4 wheeler motor and did manage to come back in time to see her run off. The moose was big, I was alone, she looked at me in horror when I was screaming and I don't have a camera like his...just a little point and shoot. But hey...it worked.

Here she is!

Linda

Nice pics linda :friends:

Nice pics linda :friends:

Thanks Crazysnow!! I am trying!! And might have to get one of those 'good' cameras. I have to say Jean-Guy's camera is much better quality but what a pile of work! It's like carting a baby around!

Thanks Crazysnow!! I am trying!! And might have to get one of those 'good' cameras. I have to say Jean-Guy's camera is much better quality but what a pile of work! It's like carting a baby around!

Ha Ha baby !!!! I know. it's not practical for saddlebagging.

Jean - Guy looks like linda got some good pics of you !!! So How dose it feel to be the subject. !!! lol

I have some really good ones of him!! He is at the camp this weekend. Without me!! :nea:

Jean - Guy looks like linda got some good pics of you !!! So How dose it feel to be the subject. !!! lol

hi crazysnow !!

i think i rather be on the other side !!!ha!!ha!!ha!!...much easier !!!

......but she took some great ones !!!

back from the camp few hrs ago !!strong winds since friday afternoon ...forgot to bring a few things from home ....almost a disaster week end.

saw only 2 mooses.took a quick run last friday night.stopped at the lake to talk a few mins with friends !!

last night ,stayed at the camp ,way too windy !!!

last pic,went toward the lake yesterday afternoon,to cut a few branches and trees...there was a little bull on the left side of the pic,

still a bit of snow on mount white ,park matane !!

Hi Jean-Guy ,

Cut the lawn today ,can't keep up with it the rain is out of control. Nice pics.

Later buddy CrazySnow !!!!!!

hi crazysnow !!

frost this morning !!just under 0c !!

blue sky !!

Hi Jean-Guy ,

Cut the lawn today ,can't keep up with it the rain is out of control. Nice pics.

Later buddy CrazySnow !!!!!!

I cut mine the first time 2 weeks ago, she'll need another mowing soon. 8)

hi crazysnow !!

frost this morning !!just under 0c !!

blue sky !!

Heh JG :hi: ....are the fiddleheads up yet at your place?

I cut mine the first time 2 weeks ago, she'll need another mowing soon. 8)

Heh JG :hi: ....are the fiddleheads up yet at your place?

hi jg !!

im not 100% sure ,but i think saw a few with linda at the camp or along the causapscal river !!

just can t remember exactly where ?????????

Hi JG and Jean-Guy!

We saw them at the 'Beer' stop on the hill with Steven and Gerri, but they were already done! Otherwise they would have gone well with the steaks!

Linda

hi jg !!

im not 100% sure ,but i think saw a few with linda at the camp or along the causapscal river !!

Hi JG and Jean-Guy!

We saw them at the 'Beer' stop on the hill with Steven and Gerri, but they were already done! Otherwise they would have gone well with the steaks!

Linda

They were done 3rd week of April around here, i got about 10 lbs with the hopes of freezing some later, yeah right, with 4 kids in the house and are all vegetable monsters we have about a cereal bowl full left. Got lots a wild garlic this year, came out early. This keeps in the house. LOL

hi jg !!

That's the partridge that said 'where is Linda' isn't it?

lol

Linda

What's a fiddlehead

It's a fern before it opens, edible, very good for you, high in omega 3 and 6 iron, lots of good things, expensive to buy, pretty short season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiddlehead_fern