Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

I don't see a fishing rod on your Buggy?

Lakes seem still froze up in your pics but rivers look clear.

Good Trout fishing early around there?

I know you are in Salmon area during season based on your earlier pics.

Thanks

keep the pics coming

hi ext !!

ha!!ha!!...sorry ...im very late....

just saw your post last night.

no fishing rod for me.i don t have the patience to fish i guess.......and don t like much cleaning trouts !!don t even remember the last time i went fishing !!

samething for hunting...went hunting 3-4 years in a row and thats it!! rather help my friends instead.used to walk tons of miles in the woods...no clearcuts and no compass...

everytime i was using a compass...i was getting lost.ha!!ha!!

trouts season opened last week end on the z e c .only small trouts.

lakes are free of ice here...late april ...early may.

matapedia and causapscal rivers are 2 of the best for salmon fishing in the gaspesie.

pics: sister went fishing on causapscal river yesterday....according to my b i l ...guide....roughly 20 pounds.

jean-guy

pics: sister went fishing on causapscal river yesterday....according to my b i l ...guide....roughly 20 pounds.

WOW!!! That is some fish your sis caught JG :clapping: , has she been taking lessons from Linda LOL.

Boy have i gotta hook up with Linda and have her teach me how to fish the big ones. :hi:

WOW!!! That is some fish your sis caught JG :clapping: , has she been taking lessons from Linda LOL.

Boy have i gotta hook up with Linda and have her teach me how to fish the big ones. :hi:

hi jg !!!

she probably learned from my dad ,her husband and maybe from my brother .never tried salmon fishing.my dad has been a guide for close 35 years on the patapedia river !!

...but ,can t remember ,back in the 80's i guess.i had my fishing rod ,preparing myself to fish trouts at the lake.matapedia river is right behind the house.

so,took my rod and i was swinging my throll (sp ) as far as possible in the river ,just for fun .no worm ,just a hook.

so ,suddently got stuck.i was pulling hard trying to unhook the hook from the bottom of the river....after a few mins trying...

suddently ...salmon jumped whith my stuff in the mouth ...but when he landed back in the river ,everything unhooked.my first salmon and the last one !!!what a surprise !!

if you look at the map,can see '' bateau pool '' (top ) and we ve been on the bridge (to go to my camp )...bridge kosap river...at the bottom

jean-guy

hi jg !!!

she probably learned from my dad ,her husband and maybe from my brother .never tried salmon fishing.my dad has been a guide for close 35 years on the patapedia river !!

...but ,can t remember ,back in the 80's i guess.i had my fishing rod ,preparing myself to fish trouts at the lake.matapedia river is right behind the house.

so,took my rod and i was swinging my throll (sp ) as far as possible in the river ,just for fun .no worm ,just a hook.

so ,suddently got stuck.i was pulling hard trying to unhook the hook from the bottom of the river....after a few mins trying...

suddently ...salmon jumped whith my stuff in the mouth ...but when he landed back in the river ,everything unhooked.my first salmon and the last one !!!what a surprise !!

if you look at the map,can see '' bateau pool '' (top ) and we ve been on the bridge (to go to my camp )...bridge kosap river...at the bottom

jean-guy

Are there many people fishing the river during the salmon run, i heard when the season opens and it doesn't stay open for very long so i'm told, fisherman and women flood the rivers, pretty much one every 20' or 30'. Is that the case in your town. I would love to try catching a salmon one day.

JG

Are there many people fishing the river during the salmon run, i heard when the season opens and it doesn't stay open for very long so i'm told, fisherman and women flood the rivers, pretty much one every 20' or 30'. Is that the case in your town. I would love to try catching a salmon one day.

JG

http://www.cgrmp.com/river.html

well , i don t know enough about salmon fishing.some pools are more populars than others.

if too many anglers must take/wait for your turn on the matapedia river !!

causapscal river is different and more expensive.they accept only a few anglers per day with guide.....no ''traffic '' on that river compared to the matapedia one.

on matapedia river ,depending of the sectors...can be cheap to fish there !!

causapscal river can close very early somewhere in july ....water lever become way too low and no good for fishing....so,my b i l transfert on the matapedia river as a guide there too.

link should be in english !!!

jean-guy

Hi Groomer,

Make sure the club keeps the wings on the menu ,they were great !!!!! I'm a Big wing fan. lol !!!

looking thru some of last winters pics. great time !!!!!

Hi Groomer,

Make sure the club keeps the wings on the menu ,they were great !!!!! I'm a Big wing fan. lol !!!

looking thru some of last winters pics. great time !!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh !!!!

we serve this at my camp...anytime of the day !!! ha!!ha!!ha!!!ha!!ha!!ha!!! :tease:

jean-guy :drinks:

We should have a 'Quebec Rider Fishing Challenge" !!

I have done a little research....the fishing is expensive but fabulous!!! The 'Challenge' is getting Jean-Guy to go fishing! We will see how good I am...might be I have a few tricks in my tackle box!

Lindafishgirl!

HAHA!

We should have a 'Quebec Rider Fishing Challenge" !!

I have done a little research....the fishing is expensive but fabulous!!! The 'Challenge' is getting Jean-Guy to go fishing! We will see how good I am...might be I have a few tricks in my tackle box!

Lindafishgirl!

HAHA!

hi linda !!

best i can do with fish........taking pics...ha!!ha!!ha!!

at the falls,last july !!

jean-guy

I am very good at talking people into things Jean-Guy...I have a case of wine that says you will fish with me this summer!

I am very good at talking people into things Jean-Guy...I have a case of wine that says you will fish with me this summer!

even with wine ....ha!!ha!!...it might not work....i m a very person.......ha!!ha!!!

last run on tq 5 .april 2 ,2011...pic 3 ,where we talked with the 2 guys from maine.

jean-guy

Ya Ya Ya....I know this 50 year old guy that said he couldn't and wouldn't be frying an egg too! lol!

Pick a seat Jean-Guy, Lindasledgirl...taking you fishing!

Ya Ya Ya....I know this 50 year old guy that said he couldn't and wouldn't be frying an egg too! lol!

Pick a seat Jean-Guy, Lindasledgirl...taking you fishing!

you said it the wrong way....

you seat in the sleight and i ll take care of driving !!!

ps: don t forget to fasten your seatbelt !!!...ha!!ha!!

about 2-3 weeks ago ,member pm'ed me to have pics.so , hard time to find them !!

found them this morning before going to work.

while looking for pics ,found those 2 ......my last run on tq 5 ,bringing back the machine to albertville.

april 13 th ...2011 !!...this year was march 24 th i think !!

about 1.5 miles before clubhouse !!!

jean-guy

........x3 !!

hi gutz and gary !!!

few more for the week end won t hurt !!

tomorrow its friday...time to go to camp...don t waste much time at home after work !!

better post some now !!!...so you ll be ''fixed'' for a few days !!

must nt be shy to post a few bad ones too !!!...ha!!ha!!

hi jg !!

dont worry !!! it s like the credit card commercial.....never leave home without it !!!

hi smclelan !!

thx for mentionning it !!

many sledders don t see that side !!they think everythings goes well all the time !!

........and we work from 8 30 am til 5 pm.....ha!!ha!!ha!!

bit late for work !!time to go !!

jean-guy :drinks: <<<<<<<<<...friday !!!!....ha!!ha!!ha!!

you said it the wrong way....

you seat in the sleight and i ll take care of driving !!!

ps: don t forget to fasten your seatbelt !!!...ha!!ha!!

Hi Jean-Guy!

I will look forward to it! I won't mind letting you drive! You seem to know where you are going! lol

Linda

While visiting Jean-Guy at the camp this spring.....he shared some of the camp stories and showed me some pictures from his photo collection. I think the one picture is of the first 'Moose-Doo'!

Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers, Step Fathers and guys that have been 'Fatherly'!!!

Enjoy your day!

Linda