Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

I was told by the owner, guitar playing -singer @ Rolands Table in 1998 (after he has a few drinks @ nite :db:) . That once in about every 10 yr's the ice freezes enough to ride out + under the "Rock" on a sled. Nice pic

Edited by momojohnny

hi jg !!

no ...found those pics on the net !!even if i knew already how to ride a sled....i was too young !!

not sure if it s here on qr or on another site.....remember guys talking about going on the ice near the hole of rocher percé !!

pic...in the 50's !!

jean-guy

I guess if its all over out there....we ware going to have to settle for pictures off the net...since you aren't going to be bringing the groomer back this year?

Here is one from last year....to tide us all over!

Remember when? hehe

bonjour mlle !!!

sad..but no pics for the end of the season this year !!

sad too that my grooming season ended like a '' fish tail '' !!

pic you posted...march 24 th ...about 1 mile before '' school bus '' !!

hope to start riding my 4w in the third week of april or before !!

if you come back riding your 4w ...make sure the maintenance has been done on your winch !!...hahhahahhha!!! :tease: :tease:

happy easter !!!

jean-guy :drinks: <<<<<<<redwood !!!

just for fun !!!

pic of the stars last night !!!not long enough !!...about 5 to 7 mins !! hard to tell !!

very strange feeling to be on the lake and hearing the ice '''working '''...sorry ,can t find the right word...could hear very strange sounds coming from the ice !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Becareful on the ice. Once it starts "working" it won't be long until you have big holes.

We don't need you joining the Polar Bear Club!

Great Pics as always!

GutZ

hi gutz !!

hahahah!!

don t worry ,i won t be part of that club !!i m not a good swimmer...waaaay below average!!so, i stay away from open water!! i won t go rafting in the grand canyon !!!...hahaha!!

what i wanted to mean....because it was colder at night,could hear ice making strange noises and some of them were loud !!

mix of rain and snow here...+2c !!

thx !!

jean-guy

Some nice pictures there Groomer.

hi smclelan !!

thx !! pics with little fall behind...light was very poor...wanted to return at the end of afternoon...but saturday night has been rough!!!...hahhahaha !!

i was staying at jean's cottage .....but had supper at claudie + harold 's one !!

should return next week...jean will start tearing down his cottage and start building a new one in may !!

april 2th 08 !!

latest i groomed...april 5th 02 or 03 ....went up to ste marguerite !!

i had spent the day riding with 2 guys from hamilton,ontario

2'' of fresh snow here this morning !!

jean-guy

april 2th 08 !!

latest i groomed...april 5th 02 or 03 ....went up to ste marguerite !!

i had spent the day riding with 2 guys from hamilton,ontario

2'' of fresh snow here this morning !!

jean-guy

bonjour mlle !!!

sad..but no pics for the end of the season this year !!

sad too that my grooming season ended like a '' fish tail '' !!

pic you posted...march 24 th ...about 1 mile before '' school bus '' !!

hope to start riding my 4w in the third week of april or before !!

if you come back riding your 4w ...make sure the maintenance has been done on your winch !!...hahhahahhha!!! :tease: :tease:

happy easter !!!

jean-guy :drinks: <<<<<<<redwood !!!

Happy Easter to you too Jean-guy!!

It's not an 'if I return' its a 'when I return' and you must know I will have my service all up to date on my 4 wheeler and maybe even put a little extra special tow strap in for you so you won't get your feet wet putting my short one on your bike. I don't think you will want to get all wet like last year lol.

Miller Towing

PS...hopefully you will find some rain so we can have something more challenging like we do here in Ontario!

Hey JG.....you said...........jean will start tearing down his cottage and start building a new one in may !!

so......we can come back next year and check it out??

Say Hi to to everyone out there, was great meeting everyone !!

Happy Easter to you too Jean-guy!!

It's not an 'if I return' its a 'when I return' and you must know I will have my service all up to date on my 4 wheeler and maybe even put a little extra special tow strap in for you so you won't get your feet wet putting my short one on your bike. I don't think you will want to get all wet like last year lol.

Miller Towing

PS...hopefully you will find some rain so we can have something more challenging like we do here in Ontario!

hi linda !!

still have enough time to think about it !!

at the camp ..right at the brook on the left side...there s one there...need to cut a few downed trees...about 1.5 miles long ....we could ''land '' near that old beaver dam before arriving to the orange camp !!

if trail is nt challenging enough ...i let you ll work with chainsaw..i ll show you who's the '' BOSS '' at the camp !!

waaaaaay different than working with a pencil and a i-pad !!! hahhahah!!! :tease:

Hey JG.....you said...........jean will start tearing down his cottage and start building a new one in may !!

so......we can come back next year and check it out??

Say Hi to to everyone out there, was great meeting everyone !!

hi mcstar !!!

oh sure !! no problems with that !!

they ll both be happy to see you again !!

he already started a bit...the walls outside !!

he s off from work..because he worked too many hrs,...so ,he ll have all summer to build it !!

he was working at gouin dam..worked a few years in latuque and st joseph de mekinac..

hi to your wife + frank !!

i ll be there to help him..i was staying at his cottage when we built our camp!!

jean-guy

hi linda !!

still have enough time to think about it !!

at the camp ..right at the brook on the left side...there s one there...need to cut a few downed trees...about 1.5 miles long ....we could ''land '' near that old beaver dam before arriving to the orange camp !!

if trail is nt challenging enough ...i let you ll work with chainsaw..i ll show you who's the '' BOSS '' at the camp !!

waaaaaay different than working with a pencil and a i-pad !!! hahhahah!!! :tease:

WOWSA!! Boss? Pencil and Ipad? I will have to come back to this later....It won't be pretty if I reply right now.

And its not really fair as you are probably still sleeping and by the time I finish working this morning you will need your first nap!

I have some caution tape I will send you!

Linda :clapping:

WOWSA!! Boss? Pencil and Ipad? I will have to come back to this later....It won't be pretty if I reply right now.

And its not really fair as you are probably still sleeping and by the time I finish working this morning you will need your first nap!

I have some caution tape I will send you!

Linda :clapping:

hi linda !!

just teasing you !!

sorry if i m late to reply...been busy in the last few days !!

i know you work VERY HARD !!you re one of the very few hard working women i ever met !!

i won t make a long post ..because i know you re probably already busy.

few pics of your friends waiting for you at the camp !!

Edited by groomer

Dear Jean-Guy

These pictures really hit me...It will help me get over winter.

Lots of friends at the camp...and great coffee at the brook early in the morning!

On my way soon!

Linda

hi all !!!

back from riding with my snowshoes !!

went along causapscal river!!

close to a 4 miles ride !!

snowing here !!!...-2c !!

yaaaa..... great linda that night riding the 4w !!

Nice Pics Jean-Guy. Looks like winter is holding on.

hi crazysnow !!

oh ya !!....its not weather to help snow to melt !!

still snowing lightly....all white outside !!

first map 1 :

i started from '' pont kosap '' down to almost ''bateau pool .. turned around 400' before arriving there !!my pics begin at bateau pool and all the way back to the '' pont / bridge ''

map 2 :

we took pics with eddie and linda at the other bridge lower on the river ...'' bridge,kosap river ''.

where its written campion and stump...its the trail for the lake...the lake is 1 mile on the right side from the tower !!

tower is behind my friend jean's cottage ..on top of the mountain.

hope this will help your knowledges about my area !!!...hahhahha !!!

hi all !!!

back from riding with my snowshoes !!

went along causapscal river!!

close to a 4 miles ride !!

snowing here !!!...-2c !!

yaaaa..... great linda that night riding the 4w !!

Great pictures Jean-Guy!!

Where are the pictures of you and your snowshoes??

Looks like you have the same light as me right now.

Need a little bit of sunshine now.

Linda

Great pictures Jean-Guy!!

Where are the pictures of you and your snowshoes??

Looks like you have the same light as me right now.

Need a little bit of sunshine now.

Linda

good morning linda !!

sorry ,no pics !!

about 2'' of fresh snow here and still grey sky !!

on the other post...pic 1 and 3 ,bateau pool....where we had parked the 4w and where the canoe was.

pic 2 on this post, falls where we turned around !!

jean-guy