Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi all !!!

thx !!!

first run to st fidele cb yesterday !! 10.5 hrs....looking great !!! tons of moose tracks !!! quantity of snow is very good !!!

right after i left ,about 4 miles outside town.....i spinned the tracks in a very steep short hill....because fuel tank was full ...a bit spilled ...spent the night with a headache !!!not much imagination for pics !! hahaha!!!

i learned yesterday that trail will be plowed roughly 1 mile on both directions at the 90' corner for a while !!!

in ste marguerite trail has been moved for about half a mile !!

slept only 4 hrs...still not much imagination this morning !! hahaha

great day for pics and riding !!!

jean-guy

Sniffing gas will not help out at all JG, sorry that happen and you had to deal with that all night.

Now let's talk about those Mooses messing up your trail,

Linda tells me you are the moose whisperer so you need to to tune into moose radio and send out a message to those guys.

JG west

not too funny trailblazer..make run a lot longer !!

just surprised me that i have nt seen a moose....

jackstraw....met 2 sleds in town and i think one in ste marguerite......there s was 2 tracks from ste marguerite to town....thats it for the night!!

talked with 3 persons from nouvelle at the clubhouse...they said trails were nice all the way up here !!

time for a nap i think !!!

second pic....looking at fields in heppel.....shortcut for albertville ,from left to right ....

can see landing strip for small airplanes...trail is just a bit before that !!

jean-guy

Fantastic night shots, JG. Like the last pic........overhead shot!

See you soon.

timbo

bonjour timbo !!!

merci !!! took the pic about half a mile behind first gas station in town coming from cross point !!

it was around 4 30 am this morning !!! hahha!!! had to climb a steep hill !!

back from ex-operator...took some pics on my way back...cold temps are coming !!

for you and the others...just in case....jan 15 th and 22 th ...i need to follow a course about security ...so , i won t be available....from 8 30 am to 4 30 pm....

bonne année a vous !!!

jean-guy :drinks: <<<<<<<<<<<ROUGE !!!

Welcome back to the grooming saddle Groomer!!! Great job as always.

Have a great new year!

hi sled dog !!!

thx !!!

whole new world grooming with the gilbert !!! .. i save a lot of time without abusing speed !!!

great to be back !!!

-25 c right now !!

bonne année to you too !!!

jean-guy

JG

Thanks for the info on when you will be taking your Security Courses.

Bonne Annee a vous, mon ami. I have a couple of bottles of "special rouge" that I will be bringing

along :-) I'll PM you to let you know when we'll be there, when we finally get that figured out. lol

timbo

JG

Thanks for the info on when you will be taking your Security Courses.

Bonne Annee a vous, mon ami. I have a couple of bottles of "special rouge" that I will be bringing

along :-) I'll PM you to let you know when we'll be there, when we finally get that figured out. lol

timbo

bonjour timbo !!!

merci!!!

cest froid a matin !!!.....cold this morning !!......- 33 c and sunny !!!

no problem...if possible ,pm 1 or 2 days in advance..i ll be able to organize my grooming !!

posted those 2 pics of challenge -kanada back in 97 in val dor...

first pic is lake de montigny..if memory still good...right on the other side of bridge....

on the second pic...clubhouse is not too far from there !!!

i had returned on the lake to use my compass for direction ,then went to forestel...next morning on our way up to senneterre ,we had stopped on a lake for info on a lake....elderly person told us that it was -50c...

jean-guy

can t remember when river has been frozen early like that !!!

back in the 70 's ,on the first pic,my dad had a trail for sleds on right side of river !!

warming up , -15c...

ps : no ferry today in matane today, captain can t handle that much ice on the st lawrence river !!!

jean-guy

just to say big thx to that qr member who stopped at clubhouse and offered me a free '' beverage ''...

went to clubhouse and waitress told me that !!!

-12 c here and grey sky...

was supposed to go grooming tonight..but looks like weather will be '' rock'n roll '' starting tonight and tomorrow !!

few old 35 mm pics from mount logan back in the early 90's !!

thx again !!!!

jean-guy :drinks:

bonsoir john et linda !!!

merci !!!

hope to groom tq 5 + 1 local trail tomorrow....if cold enough.....must watch myself for some '' water spots '' under the trail in town...at least 3-4 places..

rain stopped around 8 30 pm ...my street looks like '' jello ''...very slushy !!!

i ve been cut maybe 8-10 years ago ...post 3506.....last pic ...about where the machine is on the trail .....made a big mess and i ve been lucky not to ''sink ''

brought machine home ,took my 4w and put stick on the trail

first 2 pics...old tq 5 about 4-5 miles east of ste marguerite....very loooooooooooong hills...

after a windy day in march..from 2 to 6' of snow for about 300'....

jean-guy

Just needs a little Groomer magic

hi jg !!!

i ll fix that tomorrow !!!

i guess there will be a few icy spots in town..... i better be careful....

-20c right and blue sky !!!

on the pic, '' school bus '' / shortcut for clubhouse , half a mile up !!

jean-guy

hi jg and artsled !!!

yaa...saw that quickly yesterday ...+ 8 c for us next sunday i think.....just woke up ....slept 3.5 hrs...still on the ''radar ''.....hahaha !!

well ,one of the strangest run......lots of ice in town ...because of geography of town...i must use some streets to get across town...very scary to ride groomer on icy spots...just glad that i came back home with clean short !!!

very stressing !!hard times to come back at the gas station.....

caught with a moose from mid way up the hill with antlers til the last half mile going down long hill before st fidele cb...going very slowly ...i could have walked by the side of machine !!

stopped many times ,waited to give him a chance...he was eating on the side of trail...but too shy to get off because of crusty snow !!the last pic facing me...completlly confused....put throttle at the lowest ....i was expecting him to pass by the side of machine...changed his mind and went down the hill a few feet...

i stopped the engine,no lights and waited close to 10 mins...once back grooming ...followed his tracks ,but looks like i missed the spots where he went off trail !!!

-24c last night , lots of ''rabbit trail racing ''.....

jean-guy