Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

There is one thing for sure, clubs in the Gaspesie can move snow. This area seems to get lots of extreme storms but the clubs know how to fix their trails quickly. I am sure by Friday it will be seamless. Hopefully the bearded man will keep on the trails till they are blue on the conditions map.

hi all !!!

blue sky day this morning !!-18c...

the friend i was talking about made it to msp last night !!!

i made a little mistake yesterday ,groomer that left la cache toward st paulin and not murdochville broke down..should be fixed today!!!

i saw a pic ,groomer around msp in 3' of snow struggling to climb hills !!!

jean-guy

Can you show us that pic JG?

hi jg !!!

here s the pic....did nt post it earlier thought quality was cheap a bit and not much contrasts...hard too see.....

awesome day for riding here.....great weather and -7c !!!

jean-guy

Thanks JG, i gues when snow is too much like that the groomer runs with no drag to pack first.

yaa...waaay faster ...especially climbing hills !!!

in 04 i think...we had about a foot of snow for the first run in town...but up the hills ,ste marguerite and further east..there s was 3' of snow..and i remember it was nt too cold !!! tq 5 + 1 local trail...20 hrs.....instead of 12-14 hrs...

so,tons of snow like that...(with sur trac ) could feel tracks looking for traction all the time,a lot worse climbing hills even if grade was nt too steep...super slow !!!

but same quantity of snow at -15c...-20c... waay different....

last february ...on tq 5 ...i unhooked drag about 5 miles east of ste marguerite to go down st fidele cb.....never did that before..only for a few hundred feet...it has been a very long day !!! 2' of snow on the trail..even 3' at some places

if you look at sur trac and gilbert rear axle...gilbert tracks goes further out...help a lot to keep machine '' straight '' (level)...don t feel machine sinking and way better for traction !!!

...but i noticed when trail is rough with gilbert...hmmm , feels like crossing st lawrence river on the camille-marcoux between matane and bc on a rough sea....feel the drag following more the back end of tractor compared to sur trac...

also ...i noticed there s more '' long waves '' ( not deep ) on my trails with gilbert drag...

if look at the second pic.....hate drag for that...carry a lot of ''dead snow '' in the back end...depending of the quality of snow....looks like sometimes snow freeze faster in the drag and stay there for a long time....pulling dead weight for nothing.....i had nt that problem with sur trac drag ....unless snow was very wet !!

........enough for grooming course today !!! haha

jean-guy :drinks:

attachicon.gifjgh12.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh13.jpg

yaa...waaay faster ...especially climbing hills !!!

in 04 i think...we had about a foot of snow for the first run in town...but up the hills ,ste marguerite and further east..there s was 3' of snow..and i remember it was nt too cold !!! tq 5 + 1 local trail...20 hrs.....instead of 12-14 hrs...

so,tons of snow like that...(with sur trac ) could feel tracks looking for traction all the time,a lot worse climbing hills even if grade was nt too steep...super slow !!!

but same quantity of snow at -15c...-20c... waay different....

last february ...on tq 5 ...i unhooked drag about 5 miles east of ste marguerite to go down st fidele cb.....never did that before..only for a few hundred feet...it has been a very long day !!! 2' of snow on the trail..even 3' at some places

if you look at sur trac and gilbert rear axle...gilbert tracks goes further out...help a lot to keep machine '' straight '' (level)...don t feel machine sinking and way better for traction !!!

...but i noticed when trail is rough with gilbert...hmmm , feels like crossing st lawrence river on the camille-marcoux between matane and bc on a rough sea....feel the drag following more the back end of tractor compared to sur trac...

also ...i noticed there s more '' long waves '' ( not deep ) on my trails with gilbert drag...

if look at the second pic.....hate drag for that...carry a lot of ''dead snow '' in the back end...depending of the quality of snow....looks like sometimes snow freeze faster in the drag and stay there for a long time....pulling dead weight for nothing.....i had nt that problem with sur trac drag ....unless snow was very wet !!

........enough for grooming course today !!! haha

Thanks for the lesson JG

Perhaps some day when I am done with riding I will donate the balance of my time to the club as a Groomer, whatta ya tink? I gotta chance?

Love to learn how to give back what I have enjoyed during my time on the trail.

JG

Thanks for the lesson JG

Perhaps some day when I am done with riding I will donate the balance of my time to the club as a Groomer, whatta ya tink? I gotta chance?

Love to learn how to give back what I have enjoyed during my time on the trail.

JG

sure ,why not !!!

could be a great hobby for your old days !!!

when i started, i took 2 12 hrs runs with ex operator !!!

if you have the chance...try it for a few hrs !!!

jean-guy

Wow. Nice pics of those drifts. Sexy curves for sure. And it looks like you made a "sidewalk" between passes to stop the drifting? Awesome, just awesome.

hi playhard !!!

thx !! yaaa...nice curves !!! and those 2 lights at the height of hood...bring nice smooth light..

sadly i made a newbie mistake...i started taking pics ..then turned my head a bit further away from machine and realized there was some more nice to take...thats why you see my foot prints !!

went grooming 4 local trails last ...back at 3 15 am...warm...snowing heavy to lightly...it ll make ''slippery '' trails.+2c right now in town...

snowing lightly...

on my way to groom tq 5 and local trail around 5 pm...

don t be surprised....from logging road....trail should have been plowed today or tomorrow....windmills...thx a lot !!!

so,yesterday 2 guys went to put signage ..so , ill be there tonight for first time..for a few miles !!

the sidewalk you re talking ..must be when i say ''channels '' in ste marguerite...cheap to do ...10 mins of my time on a 10 hrs run not much and work great !!!was windy there last sunday night..and trail was still clean at 80%...for a 1/4 mile +

met friends jean and linda...on their way to lake !!

some retards destroyed 70% of my trail on the way up to lake from jumping from one side to another and snapping throttle !!!

time to nap !!!

jean-guy

Edited by groomer

hi all !!!...thx !!

sorry ,not much imagination tonight..so mad at the trail...super rough ...then after 90' corner ...popire...not too bad..

slept only 5 hrs last night...back at 4 18 am tonight...started knocking nails climbing hills with antlers..very long night...groomed ste florence too ...+ did move trail at logging road..it ll be only a mini loop about 2 miles..

going east bound...once at logging ..turn hard right...on logging road for 200' ...then turn left ..start mini loop for about 1.5 miles to land on top of first hill after logging road...they are working on power line i thin k

yaaaa...same phazer jg....the girl lives in sherbrooke and let her sled at the lake..i don t think she do 500 miles a season

old ladies at grocery offered me big money to shave it linda...ahahahah

those newbies with foot prints ..forgot to tell them to stay on their sleds..

finally ....from 90' corner..only 1.5 miles plowed for hauling..

all pics...in the field with channel/ sidewalk in ste marguerite...before and after pics just to show you how well it work..

was there last time sunday night ..windy like hell and snowy...probably monday all day too,anyway always windy there!! ...look at the trail...still great !!!!

jean-guy

Now that is the Gaspe/Groomer pictures I remember, winter's finally here.

Keep it together JG we all appreciate your hard work, great job.

hi jg !!!

thx !!!looks more like real gaspesie !!!

i went packing the little loop last night.....probably 4' of snow there !!!

well, posting at 7 06 am.....you were late to cook my eggs and toasts this morning !!! ahahah

hi all !!!

went grooming tq 5 last night !!!warm week end !!! big mess from gas station to cb !!!all kaputt !!!

need cold temps...extra 4-5'' last friday !!!..snowing right now..very lightly....looks windy a bit !!!

-5c !!!

saw a moose for about a mile...started to run for a few hundred feet..then stopped ...made a quick u-turn ....ears low and ready to jump on the hood !!!

he entered woods about a 1/4 mile before arriving to hill with antlers...on my way down to cb..there s another one hanging just west of 90' corner !!!

jean-guy

good morning all !!!

back from grooming lake...st alexandre and lac saumon..

finally ...cold temps are back ,great night for grooming !!

i ll be on tq 5 tomorrow night + 1 local trail !!!

ps : im alone here.....looks like i ll have to milk the cows again this morning !!!

jean-guy