attachicon.gifjgh3.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh4.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh5.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh6.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh7.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh8.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh9.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh10.jpg

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif jgh11.jpg

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif jgh12.jpg

guy brought his f-4 last thursday ..he ll start next monday !!!

i ll spend i guess 2 more weeks there...done with commercial thinning...must make the road wider...need to cut trees !!!

took a few mushrooms pics before coming back home yesterday !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

The little F 4 looks to be in pretty fair condition, how much will it haul 1.5cord??

hi all !!!

no , not at all artsled..im a peaky eater...sp maybe ????

too much imagination jackstraw ( ahahhaha )...but i like the way you think !!!!..ahhahahha

according to height of the ''sticks ''/ posts ???.....max 1.5 cords...i ll ask him next monday...

hi all !!

for you big city people who don t have much chances to see that kind of traffic !!!

guy started to haul my wood this morning !!!

smclelan....talked with the guy ..

its a 73 !!! made a big maintenance at 25 000 hrs..everything... including motor..

change wheel...clutch and transmission bearing at least once a year to prevent bad luck while working ..etc..

look closely between front wheel / idler and frame...he extended the width by 5'' on both side..

the handling is way better...don t '' swing '' as much !! more stable..

the clam open up to 68 '' !!!

better oil pump ...instead of 14 gallons a min up to 32 gallons now...full throttle !!!

the big arm ....modified it and welded it with t-1 ..lot stronger....

1.5 cords average and if trail is nice and flat ....2 cords !!!

and many more modifications,....work very fast !!!

Edited by groomer

hi smclelan and phil !!!

took a few pics today...

great little machine...very low pressure on ground and not much damages...

nice little office...operator said it was 32 000.00 $ back in 77 ....now, roughly 125 000.00 $$ diesel engine !!!

still great weather...colder...9 c at 5 am ...very windy in the pm...

first time i see a f-4 closely since 86....

ps : if you want to get in shape before your first saddle bag trip ...time to come and volunteer a bit ...nice log to bunch !!!...hahhaa !!!

tomorrow...camp day ...

No frost yet jg ?

hi artsled !!!

no frost yet ...coldest up to now...5-6c early morning...last night at the camp ..around midnight..it was 10c....

saw only 1 moose....on the plowed road we used to go at my camp during gathering ...it was darkness..

not too happy with waterfalls pics...passed by that place yesterday morning to go down to river...then went to take a look at falls...decided to go back at night for more pics..once i arrived at camp..put tripod on 4w to make sure not to forget...

ready to go at night...park my 4w on the road and walk roughly 600' in the woods to go to falls...once there.....t?k !!realized that i had forgotten my tripod on 4w..mad at myself....'' window '' to take pics was way too short....so ,i took all my pics without tripod....i can see that they are ''shaken ''...blurred a bit ...

still great weather here...almost no rain...brook at camp is low..but ive seen lower by a few inches !!!

Nice waterfall pics. You ran out of light with the last couple. LOL

hi smclelan !!!

thx !!!.....next time i ll return with tripod !!!

stopped at the lake on my way back for a few refreshment....then nice to see moon on my way back to camp ....

problem with 550 today...my afternoon ended like a '' fish tail ''' !!!

still great weather here !!!

Hi jg do you fish there? Looks like it could be good!

hi artsled !!!

no fishing on that part of river...roughly 5 miles lower...there s a fence across the river to keep all salmons in the same pool ( marsh )...by doing that ..they avoid poaching....

without that fence i could eat salmon every week end i guess...tons of road to go to river...but i don t fish ...

salmon fishing begin roughly 7 miles lower...part of river ...300.00$ a day with guide.. if my memory still good...then... lower...cheaper...

finally ..7 moose this week end..but all within a few mins of darkness...

jean-guy

JG, 7 Moose, find me a "SET" like these :pardon:

hi momo and mike !!!

hahaha...big one !! very nice !!

i was too lazy to look for the pic...too tired.....but the last big one i saw ...back in sept 00, on the duniere reserve...over 60'' easily ...

an another one near camp early 00...

my worse of the worse summer for me to see moose....just a bad one...weather has been no help at all!!!

about 15 years ago ...my boss shot one...62'' spread...

pic...i had won a photo contest with that pic for the z e c back in 92...

amateurs.........only !!..ahahhahah!!

camp day tomorrow...hope to see a few !!!colder at night and morning !!!

no frost yet !!!

hi phil and jg !!!

yaa..they are in great shape..running and jumping everywhere!!!

lets start with moose pic...saturday morning ..left camp...half a mile further..calf on the road...time to realize...he moved...the other one there stayed there...

i was walking toward him slowly ....on my way to take a pic...i had a bee on my leg..started to fight with bee...moose crossed road ...missed pics...mom was with the other one waiting for him...

half a mile further ...coyote on top of hill...then 2 miles later...another one next to bridge..

after supper, while looking for moose...1.5 miles from camp ..coyote on pic 2 and 5 were together...saw 2 more close by ...and 2 more about 1 mile later...

great day for coyotes....

meep meep ...funny looking at your avatar jg !!!

still sunny and hot here !!!..

second pic...under bridge next to camp...on my way back from north branch saturday morning...camp is on south branch !!!

there s a beaver dam...right on the bridge...

hi all !!!

last thursday morning ,i cut a tree and got slightly stuck in the branches of another one..

instead of pushing on that tree...i cut another one to knock him down...last pic,can see the stump in the middle right side of pic...

while looking at both trees falling down...something caught my eyes on left side...black cloud...

nest of black and white bees...

so, friday i brought my camera and took pics early morning ...they were frozen !!!

yellow and black ones are mostly underground..saw a few nests 20-28' up a tree !!!

was at camp since last friday....lots of rain ,started saturday afternoon...

great for pics last night with fog !!!

found the bird saturday around noon....landing gear problems...low hydraulic oil pressure...not much trust ...could nt take off !!!

4 moose friday night...at the last minutes....

saw 2 coyotes again...

attachicon.gifjgh1.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh2.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh3.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh4.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh5.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh6.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh7.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh8.jpg

hi all !!!

last thursday morning ,i cut a tree and got slightly stuck in the branches of another one..

instead of pushing on that tree...i cut another one to knock him down...last pic,can see the stump in the middle right side of pic...

while looking at both trees falling down...something caught my eyes on left side...black cloud...

nest of black and white bees...

so, friday i brought my camera and took pics early morning ...they were frozen !!!

yellow and black ones are mostly underground..saw a few nests 20-28' up a tree !!!

Good thing it was cold, those white and black ones tend to have a bad disposition!!