Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Jean-Guy you do an awesome job but I know what you must be feeling like at the end of the season. I plow snow commercially on a small scale and have close to 220 man hours this winter in the tractor .You would have two to three times that!Like anything there is great solitude in going out in a storm , lights shining and taking on the elements something I enjoy and I'm sure you do also . We look forward to those first snows but by the end of March I'm sick of the stuff. I raise a glass to you for all those long hours of hard work and concentration you do for our enjoyment! Cheers!!!!

hi snowfarmer !!!

great thx for comments ...and very appreciated !!!

great resumé !!!

right ....must like solitude to do a job like that !!!..less population ..so less traffic and often alone on trails !!glad i have my camera !!!

season 14 / 15 have been very rough and tough between the 2 ears ...not much snow january and february....no big storms...except for the wind storm last week end....i can get bored always grooming always same snow for 10-11hrs in a row !!

windmills workers using tq 5 to go to work with trucks with tracks...then they plowed part of tq 5 ..discouraging....

january and february very cold to do maintenance on machine..many little problems this winter

.........but meeting friends on trails ..clubhouse or here in town keep me going !!!..gathering etc !!!

also reading comments..always interesting !!!

i calculated roughly ...i ll be close to 550 hrs of grooming at the end of season !!!

tourist season almost done...very quiet on trails...more sunshine...warmer and end of season getting closer !!!

great thx again !!!

cheers to you and nora !!!

jean-guy :drinks: <<<<<<<<<<<rouge !!!!

Very kind words all.

Linda I wouldn't be opposed to trying to make the next "gathering."

Jean-Guy thanks for the response referencing the deer and additional photos.

Paddy O'Reilly

hi nyskidooerinnewhampshire !!!

bienvenue !!!

ain t cost much to help !!!

jean-guy

Bacon pizza in NY. Definitely not bad. But definitely not as good as scarfing it down with Groomer trailside in Causapscal...

hi playhard !!!

haaa...thx !!!

maybe i should jump the border and go try it !!

...but im afraid i could get lost at the first '' stop '' sign in nyc !!! hahhaha

jean-guy :drinks:

hi all !!!

went to meet shane...phil...scranton 1...gerry and very sorry ,i have a memory blank ..last one is john...not sure at all !!!

very accurate...right on time 10 am...i was late by a few mins !!!

great to meet you all again....and i guess you ve been the last qr members at clubhouse for this season !!!

thx for stopping and say hello !!!!

looks like sunshine want to show his nose !!!

jean-guy

Jean Guy,

Great to see you!

All back to berniers safe and sound. Just enough snow....

Tx

BJ and Crew

hi bj !!!

great !!!..it has a been a pleasure to meet you all again !!!

great weather for riding ...blue sky day !!!

jean-guy

Hey JG

A group of us are considering coming up again this year.

Thinking about a few days around April 16th?

We have been pounded with snow here in Southern NB and we need a trip!

Just wondered what the conditions are like in your area.

Cheers

The Whaler

JG always a pleasure to visit with you. Thanks for the great pix of our group.

bienvenue phil !!!

ditto !!!always a pleasure to see you + friends !!...don t have too many options taking pics at clubhouse...but great for you to have a few pics of the group !!!

sorry ,not much pics...woke up at 2 am...completely kaputtt !!!!...hahhaaha..just woke up !!!

saw only 3 sleds....around 10 30 am....on long straight ste marguerite !!!

snowing now !!!....-3c !!!

Hey JG

A group of us are considering coming up again this year.

Thinking about a few days around April 16th?

We have been pounded with snow here in Southern NB and we need a trip!

Just wondered what the conditions are like in your area.

Cheers

The Whaler

hi whaler !!!

not to discourage you ...but i think it ll be too late !!! snow is melting slowly even with no sunshine !!!

we have lost 2 fields last autumn...right of way.....must use a road for about 1.5 miles....not much snow left on that road...

don t see much sleds at gas station now...all dirt or asphalt...

it could be very risky !!!

i expect one more ...2 max... runs on tq 5 !!!

jean-guy

Thanks JG.

Not surprised really.

We may try anyway. Hate to see the end of such a great year sledding.

hi whaler !!!

in town last night between my house and gas station where i park the machine !!!

btw....i guess i was still grooming ..but around 6 30 pm last night ...some people heard a big boooom ...looks like a meteorite flew or fell from the sky over st donat ...s-e of rimouski ...forgot to check for info !!!

jean-guy

Love the deer pics. They are on the move - here in Vermont too!

Uh oh. When the "red bush" starts to appear (pic 9 + 11) Spring is very close.

hi vt blu !!!

great thx !!!

spent maybe 10 mins taking pics...2 monday ago..early morning ...bottom of hill....next to corner ...saw a coyote there....still too dark for pics !!

pic of coyote...not mine...from what i know..taken about half a mile from my house...few weeks back !!!

i guess spring is very close...lately , i noticed an increase...more women walking on my street .......hahhahaha

i might be on local trail for ste marguerite tomorrow for the last time....

jean-guy

Great pictures Jean-guy!! Wish I was on my way to the school bus!

Have fun!

Linda

bonsoir linda !!!

merci !!! well ... if you re too busy this week ...there ll be still enough snow next week !!!

went to check the road......lots of dirt !!!

might call president if i groom tq 5 one more time !!! traffic is kaputtt !!!

-12c right now...at 7 20 pm ..there was a deer in front of the house !!!!

jean-guy

Greetings Groomer. Hope you had a great Easter and plenty of Rouge! Looking to see if your done grooming and what the real world outlook for this weekend is for potential riding areas in the Gaspe.

When you have a moment please give us a post and pic's. Thanks

Mike

Greetings Groomer. Hope you had a great Easter and plenty of Rouge! Looking to see if your done grooming and what the real world outlook for this weekend is for potential riding areas in the Gaspe.

When you have a moment please give us a post and pic's. Thanks

Mike

hi mike !!!

great thx !!!

sure there was rouge !!!...sad part...i was alone to drink the whole bottle...i hate that !!!hahhahha !!!

well....-20c at 5 am......+1 c at 6 30 pm.....melting !!!

up the hills... no problem yet ....in my towm where it s narrow.....not much base left ..bit of snow on top of ice..but rideable !!!

went to ste florence..local trail around 3 pm...going down the valley to road 132 ....whoopsss...snow was sticking in the drag !!!

back at 7 pm in my town....snow was ok ..i guess it was between 5 and 10 c today !!!

i checked forecast this morning ...should warm up later this week ...

when i came back in town...few slushy spots..

if you know your gaspesie very well ...as long you stay in the woods ...you ll be ok ...just getting to gas station or motel ...the problem will be there !!!

and i guess..today has been my last run on tq 5 ....too much dirt on the road for '' school bus '''

jean-guy

Thanks Groomer for all the updates this winter. I know we will see & hear from you over the summer.

Mike

bienvenue mike !!!

sure , ill post a few during summer !!!

another great day here.....sunny with strong winds...

jean-guy

hi all !!!

well...grooming season 14 / 15 ...kaputtt !!!

brought back machine to chief office this morning !!!

still great conditions....-17c at 6 am !!!

great thx to those who stopped at clubhouse for a mini visit !!!...very appreciated !!!

road for '' school bus '' is all dirt now....no traffic on that side !!!

have a great and safe summer !!!