Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi articf7ext !!

back from grooming 2 local trails .took a look at the weather channel ,we might have up to 6 '' thursday , so i should be on tq 5 friday morning, instead of thursday ,just in case you have the chance to read this .hope to meet you somewhere !!

btw ,looking at your profile ,i used to know a guy from your town when i was going to mx races back in the late 80 ' s and early 90 ' s .his name was chris ????????????????.i have a pics of him at home .

thanks !!

groomer !!!

hi 800steve !!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! best news of the day !!! just back from grooming .started at 8 am ,tq 5 + a local trail.was suppose to groom yesterday ,but waited for the storm to end .i don t know the best expression in english ,but it has been a bad or bs day .

first time this season trail was rough like that .was nt too happy and i m honest .about 5-6 '' of fresh snow ,snowed all day (lightly ) and temps are mild .did nt help much .to make matters worse ,saw about 75 sleds ,95 % of them going west .i was almost discouraged on the way back !!!better not say that in quebecois !!! ha !! ha !! very bad day for grooming .took only 4 pics .

saw 5-6 tourists at 9 30pm ,just before arriving in town ,they were very late.

thanks again !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Hi Groomer: Again we had a trip planned to visit your Gaspe. Unfortunately I have a problem, see pix, BUT we will be there one of these years. In the mean time I am enjoying your pictures. This year's pictures are better than ever. I like the ones that have dark skies and spots of sunlight shining thru.

Phil

hi phil !!

wow !! just too bad for you !! i ve been lucky with that ,i ride sleds since the age of 4 and motorcycles since the age of 6 .never broke an arm or leg and i have thousand and thousand of miles of riding here in the woods .

the pic you are talking about ,the 7 th one on post 326 .tq 5 is about a little higher than the middle of the pic.took the pic from one side of the valley and you re looking at the other side .clubhouse is 6-7 miles on the left side .

here s a ''special gaspesie park pics '' when i went there with smclelan last april 18 .

pic 1 : mount logan

2 and 4 : mount albert

3 : mount hog ' s back ,the one we climbed ..................almost on top !!!!

7 : looking toward gite du mont albert .

mount hog ' s back is roughly 40-45 miles south of ste anne des monts .

10: smclelan and i .im on the right .now you know who ' s doing all the drinking on the forum !!ha !!! ha !! ha !!! i ll probably have a nice reply about that one !! ha !! ha !!

thanks for enjoying my pics and hope to see you one day in the gaspesie !!!

windy here today !!

Groomer you will for sure see me one day.

I have ridden & raced motorcycles since 9 yrs old. I have ridden sleds since late 60's. This is my first break...sooner or later I guess it might catch up. I hope for your sake it does not.

I love the hiking pix, I hike New Hampshire Presidential Mts. I did not know others here enjoyed hiking. I have done 22 of the 45, 4,000 footers in NH., including Mt. Washington :) You gotta love a guy that packs beer to the top... smclelan gets a 10 for that...

Thanks for taking the time to reply & show your hiking pix...

I promise to buy you dinner when I come.

Phil

first of all ,i had forgotten to tell you that i had brought a few cans up mount hog ' s back for myself too !!! ha !! ha !!

gaspesie park (gite du mont albert ) is 100 miles east from home by the truck logging road .i ride alone in the woods here since the age of 12-13 and like i said in the other post i have many thousand miles.i started looking at mooses in 00 ,lots of rides again in the woods .

i probably rode way too much ,that s why now i enjoy being at my camp during summer .with a few beers and bottles of wine !! great life !!

i should go more often in the gaspesie park because i like hiking .i m always afraid to miss something at the camp .

about racing ,met miguel duhamel here back in 80 .he was racing mx bikes at the time ,80 cc class .he was around 10/12 y/o

met jim ellis in matane back in 86 maybe ?? first year with honda i think ???that guy was AWESOME !!

groomer !!!

started grooming at 4 am.it was still windy ,but died around 2 pm while in ste marguerite .i don t know if some are stuck in the gaspesie ,saw only 9 sleds today ,5 west and 4 east.

came back at 4 30 pm.no big drifts yet !! :sad:

groomer !!!

saguenay bill ,if you don t mind i ll reply to the lady first !!! ha !! ha !!

mustang !!

i call that place '' andyman ' s bld '' .see other posts .like to do that place .it must be close to 1 mile long .i do 3 ''cuts '' .it take about 20 mins .i like when it s clean and there s no potholes !!

in 9 years of grooming ,it s the only place i unhooked the drag on tq 5 ,last march. i ve been caught between 2 runs .wind came from both side ,north and south .so last march i did nt take the chance to keep the drag .there was too much snow on the right side ,up to 3-4-5 ' .

it s not interesting getting stuck during daylight , while there s tourists on tq 5 !!ha !! ha !!

saguenay bill !!

merci beaucoup !! looks like this year it has been tougher to take pics .''light '' was nt on my side too often.i always groom the same trails ,so it s getting tougher on the ''imagination '' to take pics .

most of the time i groomed this season , '' light '' was more dirty than clean.compared to last year ,i took less pics this year ,but winter is not over yet !!

thanks to both of you !!

ps :i m awake since 2 30 am and my eyes are getting smaller !! ha !! ha !!

smclelan and longriderss !!

went grooming 2 locals trails today.here s a few pics at the '' stump '' on the way up to the lake .i have nt been there since the last 2 weeks .it has been very slow going up hill ,too much snow .machine was sinking in the trail all the time .2-3 storms since 2 weeks ??????

did nt want to unhook the drag ,it has been slow ,but i made it in the drift.always try with the drag first .i almost got stuck at the '' 22 km '' sign.

for those who don t know ,road is about 6 ' + under the snow on the left side of the machine .tons of snow there.

Great pictures Groomer. The snow was a little bit deeper last winter, you had said the stump was just under the snow. That being said as I remember from the summer the top of the stump is at least 6' high. There is lots of snow there. The pic on the bridge is taken from where we worked on your tire isn't it?

smclelan !!

about the stump ,don t forget we still in february !!! ya ,the pic with the bridge ,the camp is right in front of the machine .

longriderss !!

i ll probably spend the afternoon on the couch ,ha !! ha !! to be early on tq 5 ,between midnight and 3 am i guess ,then up up to the lake with a sled for the week end .

lots of my friends will be there ,so i might :drinks::drinks::drinks: friday and saturday night . ill stay at the same camp were we went .

thanks !!

groomer !!!

groomer

I know it has been said many times before........ Great pictures and reports! Your trails are on my list to ride, but this year isn't looking good for me.

But at least I don't have a (Pink?) cast on..........yet. Phil I hope you get better soon. :drinks:

Keep up the great work!!!

Bob

hi bob !!

thanks !! just back .went to the other end of town to bring the machine home .i save roughly 1hr 15 mins when i do that .i ll be ready for later tonight.

gaspesie is a must do once in your life ,nice scenery ,nice mountains and.............................. nice wowen !!! ha !! ha !!

temps are still warm ,should be + 6c tomorrow :wacko: but colder for the week end .

groomer !!!

hi bob !!

thanks !! just back .went to the other end of town to bring the machine home .i save roughly 1hr 15 mins when i do that .i ll be ready for later tonight.

gaspesie is a must do once in your life ,nice scenery ,nice mountains and.............................. nice wowen !!! ha !! ha !!

temps are still warm ,should be + 6c tomorrow :wacko: but colder for the week end .

groomer !!!

I KNEW there was another "nice reason" I liked riding in Canada! ha!! ha!!

ha !! ha !! for sure !!

loooooooooong day !!!went to bed last night at 10 pm ,unable to sleep ,woke up at 00.30 am.started grooming around 2 15 am.arrived at the st fidele cb around 7 hrs am .blew a bearing on one of the front wheel,broke the axel .let the machine in ste marguerite around 10 am.

one of the br guy came to help me tear down the track ,wheel ,etc .went back in town around noon.waited for the br guy to come back with new parts.back in ste marguerite around 3 30 pm.fixed the machine .around 5 pm went to the hotel for 2 coffee to wake me up a bit and came back at home at 7 30 pm.

rain started around 4 45 pm, lightly .big gust of wind .should be colder tomorrow .

time to relax ,no party tonight !! ha !! ha !!! :sad:

groomer !!!