Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

groomer

I know it has been said many times before........ Great pictures and reports! Your trails are on my list to ride, but this year isn't looking good for me.

But at least I don't have a (Pink?) cast on..........yet. Phil I hope you get better soon. :drinks:

Keep up the great work!!!

Bob

Bob:

Thank you for the well wishes...The pink cast was only on for a week, my daughter had her 7th B-day last week so I did that 4 her...Got a blue one put on Wednesday. I am done for the winter but it could always be worse.

I will live the rest of the winter thru Groomeer's posts & pictures. They are the best. Thanks Groomer...

:db:

here s a few more from this morning phil !!

went to a lake about 12 miles from town yesterday pm .it was party time last night .this morning we went to my camp and rode in a few trails and clearcuts.awesome conditions off the trail.

smclelan and longriderss for sure you ll recognize the scenery on a few pics .

1 and 2 at the little dam at lake frenette .

4- mount white park matane ,6- mount albert ,parc de la gaspesie ,taken from the clearcut where the bulldozer was .

7 and 8 ,twin brothers (the momo 's ) doing a few jumps .

groomer !!

ya !!

tried it this morning and liked it .i m an agressive rider and like bumpy narrow roads and trails .the sled is very agile ,handling is sharp .just like i had a mx bike .

groomer !!!

hi mustang !!

fun to play ,but tougher than grooming .saturday we played guitar hero for hrs and hrs and i was the drummer with 2 guitarists !!lots of fun .

3 th pic ,this is where i play .took the pic from the zec ,park matane on the left ,duniere reserve somewhere in the middle and park de la gaspesie ,from left to right at the back of the pic.

i know tons of roads in that area .camp is about one mile on the right .you can even see the road in the first ''third '' of the pic .

first pic,lake frenette ,little dam is right behind me.

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi longriderss!!

i tried both yesterday morning ,the phazer and the apex .i liked more the phazer in tight trails .with the riding style i have ,i can ''bulldoze '' the phazer a lot more .feel very light and i can ''swing it '' where i want .

if you remember the little brook at the camp ,there s a tight trail there for about 1 miles on the other side of the brook .very deep whoops .so i tried the apex from the camp to the lake and some clearcuts ,feel very heavy in those whoops .the riding is very different than the phazer .my arms were ''pumping '' a lot more !!

both great sleds .....................even if they re yamaha .........ha !! ha ! ha !!! :D

groomer !!!

hi longriderss!!

i tried both yesterday morning ,the phazer and the apex .i liked more the phazer in tight trails .with the riding style i have ,i can ''bulldoze '' the phazer a lot more .feel very light and i can ''swing it '' where i want .

if you remember the little brook at the camp ,there s a tight trail there for about 1 miles on the other side of the brook .very deep whoops .so i tried the apex from the camp to the lake and some clearcuts ,feel very heavy in those whoops .the riding is very different than the phazer .my arms were ''pumping '' a lot more !!

both great sleds .....................even if they re yamaha .........ha !! ha ! ha !!! :D

groomer !!!

Hi groomer,

If you really want to feel your arms pump try burying an Apex in deep snow, that one has a 136" track. That was the gaspe last year Easter weekend!Hope to run into you in Mid march if the weather holds! :drinks:

hi jackstraw !!

ha !! ha !! my friend always carry a little shovel just in case .must be not interesting when the sled is buried deeply .

without swelling my head up ,im very wise in deep snow !!i have a lots of experience in ''off the trail '' riding !!

let me know if you come in my area .about 4 '' of snow today .few more inches for tomorrow .

a miracle happened today !! for the first time in 9 years of grooming ,met the groomer guy from the cross point side .talked for about .5 hr

then about 2 hrs later on my way back home , talked with guys from , new jersey ,staten island and new york on andyman ' s bld for a few mins .

saw about 20-25 sleds today.

groomer !!!

Bob:

Thank you for the well wishes...The pink cast was only on for a week, my daughter had her 7th B-day last week so I did that 4 her...Got a blue one put on Wednesday. I am done for the winter but it could always be worse.

I will live the rest of the winter thru Groomeer's posts & pictures. They are the best. Thanks Groomer...

:db:

I had a cast on my arm a while back, I explained to my 5 y/0 daughter that she could draw on it with a marker :yahoo:

So she got her marker then twisted my arm :wacko: til she found the right spot for her art. At least it was funny to her.

Phil, I'm here in VA just outside of Wash. D.C. and Groomers posts & pictures help me forget that I'm 7 hrs. away from my sleds. :good:

Hope you get back up and running soon Phil.

Bob

Edited by rfm

thanks bob !!

i m on my way to groom 2 local trails ,machine is running idle .

pics . last april 18 th ,climbing mount hog ' s back with smclelan in the gaspesie park .

groomer !!!

few pics from today ,taken on tq 5 .- 23 c at 2 am when i woke up ,then - 8c at 4 pm when i came back.traffic was low .trail was still a 9 .

started snowing around 9 30 am ,about 3 '' and it has been windy.

groomer !!!

hey you guys from new jersey !! here s the pics !!

on my way back from the st fidele c b this morning ,met those two funny guys from new jersey.they slowed down ,so i thought maybe they know me .so i stopped and they came by the machine .

they recognized the machine and asked if i was groomer ???

they come here on qr ,but they re nt registred .

came back home at 4 pm .snowing heavily right now .

thanks for stopping guys !!

thanks bob !!

i m on my way to groom 2 local trails ,machine is running idle .

pics . last april 18 th ,climbing mount hog ' s back with smclelan in the gaspesie park .

groomer !!!

groomer,

I remember that post and picture of your climb with smclean, What is the elevation ?. It looked like a hard trail. I do a little hiking but nothing as nice as those views you have.

Bob

hi bob !!

im not sure ,maybe i should ask smclelan ,i think it s between 21 and 23 ,000 ft !!! ha !! ha !!! we had to hurry up ,beers was freezing on the way up !! ha !! ha !!

seriously ,it s 830 meters .at the beginning the wooden part is going up hill ,95 % of the time i guess ,then once over the trees line ,part of it was off-camber for a while ,then flat ,but going up hill.

because we were nt too much in shape ,we took 3 hrs if i remember well to go up there ,average is 2 hrs.

in the wooden part there was a few steep hills ,but not for long.

winter time i don t do much ,i m always seated in the groomer ,at the computer ,in my truck or on the couch.it has been a little rough at the beginning in the wooden part ,but after a while it was nt too bad.not too rough for the legs even if i was nt in great shape .

there s nice mountains in the gaspesie park with nice view or scenery.

groomer !!!

pics from yesterday .traffic has been very low .cold in the morning ,but a bit too warm to groom in the afternoon.snow began to stick in the drag and i don t like that .

-15c this morning.

groomer !!!

ya !!

tried it this morning and liked it .i m an agressive rider and like bumpy narrow roads and trails .the sled is very agile ,handling is sharp .just like i had a mx bike .

groomer !!!

That's kinda funny comming from a person that grooms trails perfect......... :good:

hi mustang !!

well , ill be very glad to do it for you !! but i think you have a big problem and i know what it is !!!

you live on the wrong side of the province !!!!!!!!!!! ha !! ha !! ha !!! :D

pics ,yesterday ,tq 5

hi gtse800 !!

ya thats funny , maybe strange too !! ha !! ha !! i ride sleds since the age of 4 and ride alone since the age of 12 .i always liked narrow trails or roads with only ''one lane '' , bumpy and tons of snow on the side .keep my reflexes (sp) sharp .....even if i m getting older !! ha !! ha !!

pic ,went grooming there today ,back at 4 pm .

Hi Groomer,

We are thinking about coming up to RDL on Tues. the 17th, droping the trucks off and taking off in the afternoon to Rimouski for the night. Then heading around the peninsula counter clockwise cutting across through Murdochville then back on 5 towards RDL. Have you heard of any clubs packing it in yet? We would probably pass your area on Wed. Any info would be great. Hope to run into you along the way. :drinks:

hi jackstraw !!

by packing ,you must mean ,stop grooming ,i don t think so ,still too early in march.was in matane yesterday afternoon ,started raining lightly on the way back home .spent the day grooming and trails are still great .it was cold ,around - 15 c and wiiiiiiindy like hell .great grooming and trails are hard packed .

around 6 30 pm ,went to meet poltodo ,eddieskidoo ,dave and rick at the clubhouse .great guys.they said ,at least for my part ,tq 5 was in great shape.they had left from cross point .

it has been a pleasure to meet you guys !! very funny !!i wish my english could be better sometimes .thank you very much for taking to stop at the clubhouse and talk for a while .

just in case jackstraw ,you can call patsy in chandler .1 877 202 4636