Saint Zenon Christmas Ride

mrterceira

Made it back to LeCabanon at 4:50 and was loaded and out at 5:15

513 miles for my 3 1/3 days riding. Was it the best Christmas week run ever? No, but I would do it again knowing what I know now. Yesterday was by far my best day. The problem was the sheer amount of traffic everywhere around the area. Plenty of snow but WAY too many people. No surprise I ride where I normally do. Got to meet the new owners of the LeCabanon and met some new friends too. Had a chance to run the new motor and get that shakedown run over. 

Looks like I got out of dodge just in time. Wouldn’t want to be up there after yesterday. This damn warmup is going WAY farther north than we all want it to so hope for continued cold and snow afterwards. 

Had a big smile on my face as I was washing the truck and doing stuff out in the garage today in 61 degree weather in a sweatshirt. 

Almost went in and got a T shirt

The traffic is high for sure but receiving that much snow they had on the same drop without having deep cold after can't result in strong trails conditions, it can just support light traffic.  Having some rain can actually help to firm up the trail base but we need deep cold and the forecast is not that promising... I anyway expect better conditions as the playground enlarge and the trail base firm up.

You had a good timing this week with the weather forecast i see for the next days, I'm just myself starting vacation tonight and will have to wait few days before hitting trails.

Thank you for having share your season opener with us, a pleasure to see/read as usual!

12 hours ago, mikerider said:

Mark and Lisa,  I really enjoy your enthusiasm and spirit. Nice run,.

mike

Thanks Mike. One thing we know all about snowmobiling is you never know about snowmobiling.

It is truly an adventure each day. If they give you lemons make lemonade.

So with some moisture in this area now these trails should improve quickly IMO. We got there Monday and they were still digging out their own cars never mind heavy trail work. It was getting better fast. 

However when I left Thursday AM early the parking lot was half empty compared to the 3 days prior. The weather changing and moisture coming had a lot to do with that Im sure. This time next week they should be better and stay together much better as well.

If I was leaving to ride a few days today Id head right back there.